Sony MDR-R10 Owner's Club
Feb 19, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #482 of 1,172
  Good catch.  Could this be the same seller or a scam?  

99.99% likelihood it was a scam.

With the prices a mint pair of R10's are going for, I would only buy a pair in person to ensure that they were:

1) real
2) working properly
3) in acceptably good condition

Only then would I fork over the cash.

Mar 11, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #483 of 1,172
Very happy new owner of the Sony R10 bass light!!!

I'm just out of words, the sound is just so so so so beautiful.

I nearly cried....

Thought that it might just be an upgrade over my th900 and T1, but I was so wrong, its not even in the same league, nor the next league or the next one, or the next one.
She's just so damn beautiful, and has a soul within her that I've never heard in any headphone.
dt880smile.png

Mar 11, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #484 of 1,172
  Very happy new owner of the Sony R10 bass light!!!

I'm just out of words, the sound is just so so so so beautiful.

I nearly cried....

Thought that it might just be an upgrade over my th900 and T1, but I was so wrong, its not even in the same league, nor the next league or the next one, or the next one.
She's just so damn beautiful, and has a soul within her that I've never heard in any headphone.
dt880smile.png

Congrats!! Don't forget to show off the pictures.  What amp are you using to drive them?

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #485 of 1,172
  Congrats!! Don't forget to show off the pictures.  What amp are you using to drive them?

Thanks!! Will do when have time to upload some pictures!

I'm currently using a Luxman P1u, will definitely get something better in the future, when funds become available. I'm pretty bankrupt right now, after my purchase.....
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif

But definitely worth every single penny, and well worth the price, can't believe I'm saying this..

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #486 of 1,172
  Thanks!! Will do when have time to upload some pictures!

I'm currently using a Luxman P1u, will definitely get something better in the future, when funds become available. I'm pretty bankrupt right now, after my purchase.....
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif

But definitely worth every single penny, and well worth the price, can't believe I'm saying this..

The R10 is completely unique in its sound presentation.  If you have a great source and love playing great quality recording, the R10 can beat even the best of the Stax SR009 set up.  Get a good balanced amp and you will love the R10 even more.

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #488 of 1,172
Does anybody have info on the original foam Sony used for the R10?  I think they used an open cell urethane foam, but I'm not sure of the exact brand and properties.  I have a couple different foams to play with and want to get my set as close to original as possible for CanJam.  I actually have some machinable foam, so if anybody has a spare set of foam they could provide measurements on I can create replicas on the CNC (really just need to know the thickness of the foam).

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #489 of 1,172
  Does anybody have info on the original foam Sony used for the R10?  I think they used an open cell urethane foam, but I'm not sure of the exact brand and properties.  I have a couple different foams to play with and want to get my set as close to original as possible for CanJam.  I actually have some machinable foam, so if anybody has a spare set of foam they could provide measurements on I can create replicas on the CNC (really just need to know the thickness of the foam).

Man I want to help so bad so we can get some replacement foam from you.  I can't confirm the thickness but I may still have inner and outer dimensions measurement some where.

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #490 of 1,172
I'm 99.9% posotive the ebay auction up right now is a scam. How do you report that?

All of the pics the seller is using are recycled from past auctions off ebay, audiogon, craigslist etc...

I only ask becausw the auction has been up for a few days and there are a few bids. I messaged the seller a day ago about serial number info and getting pictures with the seller's name in them...never heard back (although I expected that)

Apr 15, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #491 of 1,172
I'm 99.9% posotive the ebay auction up right now is a scam. How do you report that?

All of the pics the seller is using are recycled from past auctions off ebay, audiogon, craigslist etc...

I only ask becausw the auction has been up for a few days and there are a few bids. I messaged the seller a day ago about serial number info and getting pictures with the seller's name in them...never heard back (although I expected that)

to the right of the description and shipping/payment info you'll see the "report item" link. use that link to report any suspicious issues to ebay staff.

May 7, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #494 of 1,172
Hi All

Apologies for my rambling but just wanted to let people know my thoughts!!

I am trying to buy some Sony MDR R10's (Bass Heavy) and been scouring the net and also posted a wanted ad on here - In my attempts during the last month there has been three Scam attempts on me, so i just wanted to warn people if they come across adverts on Craigslist, Muamat and unfortunately an approach made to me on Head Fi,  please be very very wary !!! 

Also if anybody has any leads or ideas in my seemingly vain attempt to purchase some of these legendary headphones please get in touch, would appreciate it.

Thanks and all the best to you all

Ju.

May 7, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #495 of 1,172
  Hi All

Apologies for my rambling but just wanted to let people know my thoughts!!

I am trying to buy some Sony MDR R10's (Bass Heavy) and been scouring the net and also posted a wanted ad on here - In my attempts during the last month there has been three Scam attempts on me, so i just wanted to warn people if they come across adverts on Craigslist, Muamat and unfortunately an approach made to me on Head Fi,  please be very very wary !!! 

Also if anybody has any leads or ideas in my seemingly vain attempt to purchase some of these legendary headphones please get in touch, would appreciate it.

Thanks and all the best to you all

Ju.

In one of the MDR-R10 threads someone mentioned a japanese website from where you could order a new one for a sensible price. From my understanding they contact Sony, and they manufacture a brand new MDR-R10. If you decide to go down that road, let me know how it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back