Sony MDR R10 - Number 0808 Mint and boxed - arrived today :)
May 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

zardon

100+ Head-Fier
Well I have been hunting for a totally mint pair of R10's now for 2-3 years. And I finally was offered a chance by a very nice older gentleman in Hong Kong who was selling his pair. They have hardly been used and came with all the extras, in the leather box.

They only arrived earlier today and I spent some time with leather and wood treatment, bringing them back up to shine.

I only listened to them for a few minutes on my modded RS B52 and they sound fantastic. Not 'bass heavy', but certainly a little more bass than my earlier 3xx set which my buddy Frank is restoring/recabling for me.

I got spare pads, foam and all the accessories with this set so they will be used to help the troubled older set I have.

I thought id share a few pictures of these as I cant remember feeling this happy in a very long time !

Took the pics with my Nikon D3X and rescaled them down as they are rather large in original format.

May 4, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #4 of 21
It is always a good sign when you say 'ill go listen to them for 5 minutes before dinner' then realise about 45 minutes later that you lost track of time.

Toumani Diabate and the Mande Variations. What an experience that was! Time to try and rescue my dinner now!

May 4, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:
Amazing find and outstanding purchase!
I've heard Ray Samuels' pair with his B52 and it's a perfect match.
Congrats.

Thank you both.

Funnily enough I was just chatting with Ray about that last week in email and he said its one of his favourite pairings. He has good taste. I heard he likes to listen at pretty high sound levels, right?

I actually like it at a more moderate level although ive really sensitive hearing. More a curse than a blessing really as I have to wear special earpads sometimes to sleep as even the slightest noise in the distance can keep me awake.

May 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #9 of 21
Incredible. This can actually be referred as one of those 'once on a lifetime' cases.  

I can't imagine how much dough a pair of true NIB R10's goes for... Some people would probably be willing to kill for it...
evil_smiley.gif

May 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #10 of 21
This is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations on the successful hunt. I would've probably done a similar hunt if I didn't invest way too much in photography gear...

May 4, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #13 of 21
[size=medium]Damn! I should take my chance and listen to them. How wrong I am! ^^[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back