Sony MDR EX 85, or Sennheiser cx 300 II, or 400II
Jun 16, 2009 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ketan7s

New Head-Fier
Hello friends,
Only available brands at my place are the Sony and Sennheiser. Sennheiser that was recently introduced. Of all other cheap chinese Sony models, I can find the ex 85 at the most top (by doing some search around). Or else I know that the Sennheisers are genuine, I can get them anytime.
so please tell me, whether is it worth searching hard for the genuine ex 85? or Should do much better with the cx 300 II or 400 II?

Which one is better?

Thank you,
see you, good wishes, sincerely Ketan.

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 12
Hallo again friends,
I forgot to tell. I need sound clarity as well as strong bass and treble punch whenever it is necessary.
Please, atleast tell me between Sony ex 85 and the cx 400 II.

good wishes, thanks.
Ketan.

Jun 17, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #5 of 12
Not many here has heard the CX 300-II yet, seeing that it is a pretty new product. I can tell you that based on my own personal experience I prefer the EX082 (basically a bundled EX85) to the old CX 300. However the CX 95 is leaps an improvement over the two.

Jun 17, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not many here has heard the CX 300-II yet, seeing that it is a pretty new product. I can tell you that based on my own personal experience I prefer the EX082 (basically a bundled EX85) to the old CX 300. However the CX 95 is leaps an improvement over the two.

Hallo walkingman,
I found out that the CX95 is even discontinued and upgraded to CX 550, which would make even better I think, and can be made available within few days.
But it costs double than the CX 300II and ex 85.

Jun 18, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ketan7s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no one wants to tell?
are there only 13 or 14 years old fantasizing kids over here?

And what is that supposed to mean?

Anyways, I quite like my EX082. When modded, they somewhat compare to my K271s in some songs. They are a good bit bassier than the K271s and have less mids. I don't really know much about the CX300s, but fwir, it's not really as good. FWIR. Don't take it for much...

Jun 18, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #11 of 12
well ive got the cx300 and they are all right for the money if you like a huge amount of fat bloated bass. the big problem with the low end sonys and senns are the amount of fakes around. so its easyer just to steer around them rather than see a good price thats possible they could be real or fakes as its not easy to tell from a pic.

Jun 18, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #12 of 12
hmmmm, hallo mark. thanks :) I dont buy through pictures, I mean net. never did. I go to shops. And I think I have found way to recognize the fakes.
I don't understand why the western countries always want to manufacture their products through china, although they know that they create exact fakes immediately and sell more quantities than the originals. At my place I found Sony EX700 selling for around 9$(labeled made in china), EX85 for 4$. Do you people even knew about it?
I have seen the chinese doing dirty tricks like selling the fakes of a reputed company, in a country where that brand or particular product line of a company are unknown. And the people over there think "oh this is sony" "oh this is sennheiser". oh "this is philips" "why to spend 10 times more for the other models if we are getting in low cost". when they encounter a genuine product and look at its price, they say, "oh wonder why these companies are trying to extract such amount of money from customers, for such negligible items". If you show a half $ third grade fake earphone to someone(with high volume turned on) they say "oh sounds nice. big sound, big sound.! good ". I have experienced this with some people.
biggrin.gif

many people think earphones are just wires, they don't even know what the quality is. "why to spend so much?" And you know how much is their 'so much'? Their 'so much' is for the fakes of higher models, that are labelled little more by the chinese.
The genuine high end is out of question.
Its all because of the stupid chinese fakes and the dumbness of the companies who get manufactured from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back