Sony MDR-1000X
Nov 21, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #2,506 of 2,709
I just ordered a pair of these. I should have them today. I ended up selling my H9's and my DSR9BT's. The Sony's take the best parts of both the H9's and DSR9BT's and merges them into one headphone. I still have my B&W P7W's.

Nov 21, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #2,507 of 2,709
I bought a pair of the original 1000x on eBay brand new last December. I have one month left on the theoretical 1 year warranty.

Sadly I have the dreaded headband crack, left side.

Sony told me to call eBay. eBay told me to call PayPal. PayPal said either get in touch with the seller or call my bank.

Anyone have any better ideas for getting these replaced? The seller isn’t responding. Seems like Sony doesn’t consider headphone purchased from an eBay seller to be worthy of a warranty.

*EDIT* NM I called Sony again and was asked what the serial number was and since it was in the range of those that are affected with crackitis, they agreed to send me a new pair. They said it would either be the same model or the newer. Hopefully it will be the WH. And hopefully it won’t press on my ear like the 1st pair of 1000x I bought and returned last fall.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #2,509 of 2,709
So then I have to assume that the M2 version is plagued with the same flaw, a flaw which is not caused by the LDAC but which only appears when LDAC is used.
I would think that instability is an inherent problem with the LDAC codec. Because the codec uses so much bandwidth it doesn't leave much for channel coding to provide resilience against transmission errors. Lower bandwidth codecs leave more bandwidth for channel coding and can be more resilient to transmission errors.

Nov 21, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #2,510 of 2,709
OMG! I am really impressed how hi-res jazz sounds on my MDR-1000X wired with lg V20 as a source!
Its in a league of its own.
Listening through AptX and even LDAC, I thought these cans are for electronic music only, but how wrong I was.
Hmm, does the V20 support LDAC? I just wonder because I've got a V20 and am thinking about getting some MDR-1000Xs.

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #2,520 of 2,709
still thinking whether I should sell this and upgrade to the WMX2 :/
I would say no. The only differences between the Sony MDR-1000X and the Sony MDR-1000XM2 is that the m2 has more battery life and the sony app. Considering that you can get the MDR-1000X for more than a hundred dollars cheaper than the MDR-1000XMW, I would say that the MDR-1000X is the better deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back