Sony MDR-1000X
May 21, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #2,071 of 2,709
Hi everyone,

New user here, had a chance to try these the other day and I'm really liking them. One thing I was curious about and something I haven't been able to find through searching this thread and other places is of the battery is replacable? I know these lithium ones can last a long time but if it's something that I can replace ones the charges starts to die that'd be reallt great.

Any input on this? Thanks so much in advance :)

May 22, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #2,072 of 2,709
Hi everyone,

New user here, had a chance to try these the other day and I'm really liking them. One thing I was curious about and something I haven't been able to find through searching this thread and other places is of the battery is replacable? I know these lithium ones can last a long time but if it's something that I can replace ones the charges starts to die that'd be reallt great.

Any input on this? Thanks so much in advance :)

I've heard that the batteries can be replaced at Sony's service but I doubt it'll come cheap outside the warranty.

May 24, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #2,074 of 2,709
Just joined this club! using it with my zx2 and the iphone7, switching back and forth and the ldac does make a difference, it doesnt sound as compressed... just one thing anybody managed to check their audio if its on the “Priority on sound quality” mode? i cant seem to be able to check it, it always shows one blink on mine, i have reset it since it says default is on priority sound quality mode, but cant seem to check using this guide, anybody might have any tip how to do it, i only followed this guide
http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/1000x/v1/en/contents/TP0001176179.html

May 24, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #2,075 of 2,709
Just joined this club! using it with my zx2 and the iphone7, switching back and forth and the ldac does make a difference, it doesnt sound as compressed... just one thing anybody managed to check their audio if its on the “Priority on sound quality” mode? i cant seem to be able to check it, it always shows one blink on mine, i have reset it since it says default is on priority sound quality mode, but cant seem to check using this guide, anybody might have any tip how to do it, i only followed this guide
http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/1000x/v1/en/contents/TP0001176179.html
if you want to check: turn it ON, then press power and after half a second, press NC (while pressing power - within the 2s window of you pressing power button), then release both. fair quickly. 1 blink SBC, 3 blinks LDAC
if you want to change: turn it OFF, press power and NC at the same time until the headphones is turn on. Then check it using the above.

May 27, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #2,078 of 2,709
May 28, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #2,080 of 2,709
Rocking my Sony H.ear.on mdr 100abn, for a year now, would you guys suggest an upgrade ?
I'm no frequent flyer, and the ANC is fine in the 100abn (although i only use it outside, due to the pressure sensation over my ears).
Sound Quality wise, 100abn has the sony signature, (highs and extreme highs suffer) but still i'm okay with the reproduction.
Worth an upgrade to 1000X ?

May 29, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #2,081 of 2,709
i fit some MSR7 pads on mine and removed the inner padding that was in front of the driver:

naYi08K.jpg

N6uiZDO.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #2,083 of 2,709
I have looked everywhere and have not heard anyone mention the rumbling (like volume swelling, vibrations) in the earcups when you move your head abruptly. It does not replicate itself when NC is off so its definitely an issue with the NC and perhaps the seal. Basically, climbing stairs quickly, opening and closing your jaw quickly several times, jumping, or even just moving your head side to side abruptly will trigger this. I thought my unit was defective but I have returned the first set and the new ones are the same. I'm assuming this is normal (unless I had 2 defective units) which is why I have a hard time believing nobody else has experienced this? I really love these headphones and want to keep them but this is a complete deal breaker, especially since we use these on the go and there will always be movement . I have other NC headphones and have never experienced this behaviour. i would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has experienced this or if anyone can try to trigger this and let me know what you think. The best test to replicate this is opening and closing your jaw quickly 4 or 5 times while playing a song, preferably with some bass Thank you

Jun 6, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #2,084 of 2,709
I have looked everywhere and have not heard anyone mention the rumbling (like volume swelling, vibrations) in the earcups when you move your head abruptly. It does not replicate itself when NC is off so its definitely an issue with the NC and perhaps the seal. Basically, climbing stairs quickly, opening and closing your jaw quickly several times, jumping, or even just moving your head side to side abruptly will trigger this. I thought my unit was defective but I have returned the first set and the new ones are the same. I'm assuming this is normal (unless I had 2 defective units) which is why I have a hard time believing nobody else has experienced this? I really love these headphones and want to keep them but this is a complete deal breaker, especially since we use these on the go and there will always be movement . I have other NC headphones and have never experienced this behaviour. i would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has experienced this or if anyone can try to trigger this and let me know what you think. The best test to replicate this is opening and closing your jaw quickly 4 or 5 times while playing a song, preferably with some bass Thank you
I do not experience this. tried moving my jaws. although I did stuff the earpads to give it more depth, fits better. does it fit well with your ears? do they press against the inside foam?

Jun 6, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #2,085 of 2,709
I do not experience this. tried moving my jaws. although I did stuff the earpads to give it more depth, fits better. does it fit well with your ears? do they press against the inside foam?
Thanks very much for your reply. They fit around my ears fine but I suppose they do press against the inside foam a bit. But that probably would be the case for most people as these are shallow cups, which is why I'm surprised I haven't heard the same issue from others. At the same time, these are my second set so it would be hard to believe i picked out 2 defective units. This is really bothering me trying to figure out what is happening here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back