Sony MDR-1000X
Dec 12, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #1,111 of 2,709
Hey! 

Weird request.

Can somebody post a picture of their Sony 1000X headphones against a ruler to show me how tall/wide the ear pads are? I'm only concerned about their interior height/width. I'm worried that my ears will be too big to fit inside.

Also, are these smaller or larger than the Bose QC35s?

Thanks!

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #1,112 of 2,709
would love to see a slamdown of these cans alongside
the b/w p7, newly released b/o h9...heck even against the audeze sine.
(i included the sines just as they're also portable).
yes i know the b/w p7 don't have NC and sines are not wls...

just that they're all portable.....would like to know how the SQ is in each
esp with a wired connection playing quality music or flac files

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #1,113 of 2,709
Currently reviewing the MDR-1000X along-side with Plantronics BackBeat PRO 2. The 1000X ANC is spectacular, and with @jude further review, there is no doubt the 1000X is now king of ANC.

Photo of me with the 2 units on Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BN3lkbJgBW8/

If you are very concerned with audio quality, do note that the 1000X is meant for consumers who needs a powerful ANC more than an audiophile-grade headphones. Despite, the 1000X does not disappoint Sony lovers, which as many correctly pointed out that it has the signature Sony sound. I find their bass is just right without too bloated, the treble is recessed but remains clear. Overall sound staging is wider and more distant, vocals do not sound in-your-face.

Note also that if you are concerned with wireless transmission, you can still enjoy ANC with wired cable direct to the source.

And don't forget the convenience features of the Ambient Sound, Quick Attention, swipe gestures. All these makes the 1000X one innovative product that is worth its price, for peace can be priceless when you are out in the public. Cheers!

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #1,114 of 2,709
Dec 13, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #1,115 of 2,709
Absolutely adored the MDR-1000X headphone at CanJam @ RMAF earlier this year.  One of my overall favorite Sony headphones regardless of price.

Get a listen if you can! 

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #1,119 of 2,709
Just a quick note. Coming from the B&W P7. As a commuter who lives downtown and takes the subway/train everyday I wanted some good quality cans with good sound quality but wanted the outside noise to a minimum. All I can say is wow. The mdr1000x do that so easily. The P7's although sound so much more superior but let a ton of outside noise in very easily. If you have loud music playing all the time then it shouldn't be an issue but for TV shows and movies on the subway, the mdr1000x are worth every penny!

Dec 13, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #1,120 of 2,709
Hi guys,

Question on LDAC: Does anyone know if LDAC supports or will support multiple headphones for home theater? That's quite a bit of bandwith, should be possible…

I want to get a set of wireless headphones that are great for traveling but also works for watching movies with the wife when the kids are asleep and/or without annoying the neighbours (we don't have a dedicated TV room and our house leaks a lot of sound).

Dec 13, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #1,121 of 2,709
Just a quick note. Coming from the B&W P7. As a commuter who lives downtown and takes the subway/train everyday I wanted some good quality cans with good sound quality but wanted the outside noise to a minimum. All I can say is wow. The mdr1000x do that so easily. The P7's although sound so much more superior but let a ton of outside noise in very easily. If you have loud music playing all the time then it shouldn't be an issue but for TV shows and movies on the subway, the mdr1000x are worth every penny!

Are you trading your p7 for the sonys?

Dec 13, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #1,123 of 2,709
I use these headphones daily on my commute to work. Must say they are probably the best NC headphones I have tried so far and they sound pretty good for the price :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back