sony md mz-n1, panasonic mr250 and head amp
Aug 25, 2002 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dougbrad81

100+ Head-Fier
hi,
i'm planning on buying either one of these two md player/recorder. but my decision rest on how a headphone amplifier will perform with them. the sony has a line out, but the panasonic only has a headphone jack. i was told to plug my head amp into a line out. so in the case of the panasonic mr250, would plugging the amp directly into the headphone jack reduce the quality/effectiveness of the amp? is there any other downsides/upsides of plugging the amp directly into the headphone jack? thanks to anyone who can help me with this.

Aug 25, 2002 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 4
I have an MZ-N1. The Line-out definitely sounds better than the heaphone out (better low level resolution and dynamics). The line out is multiplexed on the headphone output (i.e. uses the same connector). I have no experience with the other player.

Note that you cannot use the line out mode while using the handy remote. The player automatically jumps to headphone mode...
frown.gif

Aug 25, 2002 at 7:45 PM Post #3 of 4
thanks for the useful info. you've seen the other player? really nice, comes with with a mini kepad in it's cradle and has a retro look to it. but from you say i guess i go with the mz-n1 to get the most effectiveness out of my amp. by the way does the mz-n1 has any eq controls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back