SONY IER-Z1R
Feb 15, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #13,292 of 15,170
They are in stock on the Sony Store, just saying^^ if you order them at e-earphone, they should arrive in less than 2 weeks, at most. Most people say it arrived in 1 week or less after order who ordered recently.

So its not in "stock" per se, but its not really out of stock. You just can't get them instantly if you want one unless you buy them at the Sony store.

They are on sale by the way at 楽天 right now

https://biccamera.rakuten.co.jp/item/4548736092860/?scid=af_pc_etc&sc2id=af_109_1_10000815

But not in stock, you have to wait up to an month (specific date not give, just "withing a month")
You can't order on the Sony Store from abroad AFAIK, you need a JP credit card.

On e-earphone they are not available from many weeks now, same on Amazon. There are third party sellers on Amazon but want to buy them from AMZ.

On your link it's stated "Scheduled to ship in about 1 month", so there are not in stock either.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #13,293 of 15,170
You can't order on the Sony Store from abroad AFAIK, you need a JP credit card.

On e-earphone they are not available from many weeks now, same on Amazon. There are third party sellers on Amazon but want to buy them from AMZ.

On your link it's stated "Scheduled to ship in about 1 month", so there are not in stock either.
Have you tried Accessory jack?

Feb 15, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #13,294 of 15,170
Not had the Z1R but from what I've read is more 'fun' with class leading bass, but mids are a bit laid back, muffled compared to say M9. Fit/size/shape/weight seems a big issue for many with Z1R.

I would not say the mids are muffled at all, it's a bit laid back but the clarity are still all there. It also depends a lot on the type of music you listen to and I found it wonderful with female vocals.

Feb 15, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #13,295 of 15,170
Just ordered the Z1R to see what all the hub-bub was about. Should be here Wednesday. Letshuoer S12 has been my biggest purchase at $100, so it should be an interested comparison. Love the S12 with 8db bass eq. I hope the Sony can at least match that bass or better.

Quick question. I've noticed price increases on the Sony IEMs lately. The Z1R is out of stock on Sonys own website. And the M9 has only 4 left in stocks.

Do you guys think there is about to be a new series of IEMs? Any rumors? I have a 30 day return period and it would be the worst case to just have spent this much only to have a new Sony flagship released right after.

What are you planning to drive them with? That will determines how much you'll get out of it.

Feb 15, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #13,296 of 15,170
It may not look like to people on head-fi, but Hifi gear actually sells extremely bad outside of Japan. There are some countries in Asia that also have good time selling head-fi, but in Europe or in the US, they don't sell well at all. Especially everything above 1000$

Sony is not investing money into marketing because it would not result in revenue.

If they market something in Japan, people buy it. If they market something in Europe, people don't buy it. Thats the big difference.

There are more IER-Z1R owners inside Japan, than there are members in this forum

Cultural, transportation and living space also makes a difference. IEM and portable DAPs tends to sell better in countries where you have access to a lot of mass transits and smaller living space while less in countries where people drive their own cars and may have larger living space so they can have a full size home audio system. That said. There's no comparing to a high end IEM if you want every little details and nuance from a track.

Feb 15, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #13,297 of 15,170
Cultural, transportation and living space also makes a difference. IEM and portable DAPs tends to sell better in countries where you have access to a lot of mass transits and smaller living space while less in countries where people drive their own cars and may have larger living space so they can have a full size home audio system. That said. There's no comparing to a high end IEM if you want every little details and nuance from a track.
My main reason for always having had a decent portable setup is that for over 25 years up to covid I travelled 100-150 nights a year with work. Since covid I’m now travelling very little plus now being over 60 so my portable rigs get very little use. On the go BT inears are great, the convenience of no wires is fantastic and sound is now more than acceptable giving general ambient noise

Feb 15, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #13,298 of 15,170
My main reason for always having had a decent portable setup is that for over 25 years up to covid I travelled 100-150 nights a year with work. Since covid I’m now travelling very little plus now being over 60 so my portable rigs get very little use. On the go BT inears are great, the convenience of no wires is fantastic and sound is now more than acceptable giving general ambient noise
25 years of traveling salesman! I cannot survive that for more than one year :).

Feb 15, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #13,299 of 15,170
Feb 15, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #13,300 of 15,170
Feb 15, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #13,301 of 15,170
Feb 15, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #13,302 of 15,170
Travelling software developer of customised CRM solutions but almost everything can be done remotely now
Yes, most can be done remotely. I know Microsoft Dynamics CRM is done through acquisition, probably some small companies in scandinavia. I hope your company is not one of them.

Feb 15, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #13,303 of 15,170
Yes, most can be done remotely. I know Microsoft Dynamics CRM is done through acquisition, probably some small companies in scandinavia. I hope your company is not one of them.
No it's not, we have our own inhouse developed solution done as a classical client server solution developed in Smalltalk since 1994 (before that in dBase/Clipper on DOS since 1985) but we are migrating to a web based C# solution now. Microsoft CRM is not Scandinavian but Microsoft's ERP solution started by them buying 2 Danish ERP solution houses 15-20 years ago

Feb 15, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #13,304 of 15,170

Yep, If you're away from home often, then a high end IEM and DAP is your best bet. That's part of the reason I got into them as well (although I don't travel for work as you do but I can be away from home for close a month at a time when I go on vacation. I picked up the Z1R and M1A2 partly because I'm about to go on my first long trip overseas next month after 2 years of just local short trips.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back