SONY IER-Z1R
Nov 24, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #9,288 of 15,264
Man.. wish I had bought the Z1R sooner..
It would’ve saved me tons of money by not spending on all those chi-fi, mid-fi even some hifi stuff that I bought over the years which are all now gathering dust.
Ironically I just bought a MEST again to complement the Sony. U12T sold, UM bought.

It’s never-ending, but the Z1R isn’t going anywhere anytime ever.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 24, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #9,289 of 15,264
Ironically I just bought a MEST again to complement the Sony. U12T sold, UM bought.

It’s never-ending, but the Z1R isn’t going anywhere anytime ever.

I was thinking the UM MEST could be a nice option too beside my Z1R and Xelento, so it would be nice to share something here in a while about the UM MEST in complement about the Z1R about comfort, noise isolating in general in an office, noise generated in the ears while walking in the street due to the bone conduction (or not), etc ..

Nov 24, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #9,290 of 15,264
Need a little help. I got the Symbio F for the Z1R, the problem I ended up with is that the tip got stuck in the ear while taking out the IEM. I was able to pull it out with tweezers but can't do that everyday. Is there a solution to keep them coming off the nozzle and getting stuck in the ear :rolling_eyes:

Nov 24, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #9,291 of 15,264
the eartune fidelity discount still works i stop short of paying when the shipping cost $15 vs the $17 product. Just have to be wait if it will be sold on other platform with cheaper shipping.
Sadly, up untill now Adv. Sound just keep it to sell it by themself, you can't found it anywhere outside their own 2 web store.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #9,292 of 15,264
Need a little help. I got the Symbio F for the Z1R, the problem I ended up with is that the tip got stuck in the ear while taking out the IEM. I was able to pull it out with tweezers but can't do that everyday. Is there a solution to keep them coming off the nozzle and getting stuck in the ear :rolling_eyes:

This has happened with every aftermarket tip I have tried, including the Symbio F. I got bored of it so engineered my own solution: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-ier-z1r.886120/post-15914809

It's been over 6 weeks now and I have not had a single 'pull off' incident since.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #9,293 of 15,264
Nov 24, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #9,295 of 15,264
You could also try a solution like this: find a tight-fitting thingy like these, cut to appropriate length, slip onto nozzle, slip ear tip over on top of that.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081T1YMR...olid=1EJA6YOKZU8YM&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Nov 24, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #9,296 of 15,264
Nov 24, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #9,297 of 15,264
" Step 7. Leave them to dry without messing with them. I left mine for 24 hours. "
Welp, this obviously not going to work. Any other tip?
Step 7a. (Optional, for those with no willpower). Visit your local hospital and ask if they can put you into a medically induced coma for 24 hours :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nov 25, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #9,299 of 15,264
Why these IEMs so harsh? I use Hugo 2, Mojo source... I tried every different type of tip.
I have Andromeda 2020, Solaris OG, Nio, U12t, none of them are harsh to me.

Can‘t speak for the Andro 2020 as I haven’t heard it, and it’s been years since I heard the Solaris OG, but the Z1R has much more forward treble than both the Nio and the U12t...

Nov 25, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #9,300 of 15,264
Just picked these up a few days ago and only had a chance to listen for one day before heading out on a road trip (don't travel with my gear.)

They definitely did sound a bit sharp up top to my ears.

Haven't heard anything from cfa, but tia treble is definitely very smooth in nearly all cases, despite its rather impressive extension.

On a positive note, the z1r sound extremely engaging to me, which has been quite a rarity among most of the iems i've heard over the last few years...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back