SONY IER-Z1R
Oct 28, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #9,106 of 15,172
In my case the Sony ML silicone tips are the best I could get, as I also own a Beyer dynamics Xelento and those Sony tips are perfect too with them, so I am looking forward to buying those Sony Silicone ML tips, but I couldn't find them anywhere till now !
Does somebody have an idea how to buy them somewhere ?

Oct 28, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #9,107 of 15,172
In my case the Sony ML silicone tips are the best I could get, as I also own a Beyer dynamics Xelento and those Sony tips are perfect too with them, so I am looking forward to buying those Sony Silicone ML tips, but I couldn't find them anywhere till now !
Does somebody have an idea how to buy them somewhere ?

Several folks here including myself have bought from encompass. I believe this is the part number: https://encompass.com/item/12444745/SONY/4-743-463-01/

Oct 29, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #9,109 of 15,172
Oct 29, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #9,110 of 15,172
Oct 29, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #9,111 of 15,172
Oct 29, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #9,112 of 15,172
The European Sony parts partner is supposed to be https://www.eetgroup.com
Yes I found it trough Sony website, but unfortunately => no IER-Z1R as reference like in USA or Australia, I found in Europe only IER-M9 parts , but I don't think it's the same tips "shape" (as they are black).

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #9,113 of 15,172
Yes I found it trough Sony website, but unfortunately => no IER-Z1R as reference like in USA or Australia, I found in Europe only IER-M9 parts , but I don't think it's the same tips "shape" (as they are black).
I had both IEMs at the same time and they looked quite the same for me, even used just one set on both IEMs, kept all new on the other.

Oct 29, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #9,114 of 15,172
I had both IEMs at the same time and they looked quite the same for me, even used just one set on both IEMs, kept all new on the other.

Thank you.. I will maybe go that way and order the M9 ML Silicone Tips In Europe (of course I don't mind the colour and just the shape is important)

Oct 29, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #9,116 of 15,172
So far the best tips for me has been the KZ Star ones. I am going to be reading the forum for some suggestions but I though I would share with you my experience.

Oct 30, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #9,117 of 15,172
So I absolutely hated the Z1R when I first got it, tried every single OEM tip and none of them gave me a good fit. I then ordered the Comply 200's... omg what a GAME CHANGER. I get goosebumps when the bass drops in the EDM I listen to. Absolutely amazing! I can't wait until I get the Symbio W peel to try... tip rolling is addicting! Only thing is, my right ear sounds a bit more quiet than my left. I wonder if this is a driver defect, or a fit problem. I know these are pretty well built, but I bought it second hand. They don't look like the have any external cosmetic damage to them, but I just worry how likely can these be internally damaged?

Oct 30, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #9,118 of 15,172
So I absolutely hated the Z1R when I first got it, tried every single OEM tip and none of them gave me a good fit. I then ordered the Comply 200's... omg what a GAME CHANGER. I get goosebumps when the bass drops in the EDM I listen to. Absolutely amazing! I can't wait until I get the Symbio W peel to try... tip rolling is addicting! Only thing is, my right ear sounds a bit more quiet than my left. I wonder if this is a driver defect, or a fit problem. I know these are pretty well built, but I bought it second hand. They don't look like the have any external cosmetic damage to them, but I just worry how likely can these be internally damaged?
I personally question my hearing and the seal before questioning IEM deffect.

Oct 30, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #9,119 of 15,172
Anyone have experience with Fostex TH900 headphone, Sony IER-Z1R, or Tia Fourte? I love TH900 for its deep bass, large sound stage, clear mid, and harsh treble as I only listen to EDM dance music. I was wondering if I could get similar or better experience with IER-Z1R or Tia Fourte IEM.

I do have the Denon AHD7000. I’m doing some mods to it at the moment so it’s out of commission. Though I’ve had it for ten years. I even posted a review about it here 10 or so years ago. Both the Foster Fostex TH900 and the AHD7000 are made by Foster. Though I have not heard the TH900. I would say the Denon AHD7000 and the IER-Z1R have a lot in common. And maybe the Denon has less treble, due to the TH900 being known for that treble, and the Denon less talked about treble wise.

But both IER and AHD7000 share a very similar sound signature to me. To me they both exhibit kind of a new detailed take on classic old style Hi/Fi. I ended really working with upstream extras to get the AHD7000 even improved more and the same direction it went is the same direction the IER-Z1R when it gets the correct upstream signal.

Both the IER and AHD-7000 even react to under amping with the same bass artifacts (which bleed into the lower midrange). Of course in my book even the MDR-Z1R and Z7 sound somewhat like the IERZ1R and AHD-7000. All these to me are an interpretive idea of the same overall sound? Keep in mind that these are broad generalizations though it’s one aspect of my favorite sound so I listen for it.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/denon-ah-d7000-headphones.9351/reviews#item-review-4933

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #9,120 of 15,172
Check for earwax impact :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back