SONY IER-Z1R
Jul 22, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #8,251 of 15,172
My god....it's so comfortable. I used a smaller size than stock.

20200722_154255.jpg

Jul 22, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #8,252 of 15,172
Thanks to @hshock76 , this tips are “Awesome” with IER Z1R.

It has excellent fit and comfort. The sound quality is excellent. It has deeper bass, more dynamic and micro details with sparkling trebles and better soundstage

The way I have always been observing tips and iems is that it can absorb a certain frequencies ranges based on it constructions and materials, and also how well it seal the ears. It results in variations in performances. Hence they are very important

Somehow these Tips IMO, don’t absorb any frequencies ranges, and allows the Z1R to unleash every littlest details/performances that is there

An excellent buy and totally recommended
I just ordered these on your recommendation. I'm having the same fit issues, good, not great. Other tips I've tried degraded the SQ. Do these come in different bore sizes? I want to make sure I ordered the correct ones. Here's the Amazon product page I ordered from:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BRB1KJS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #8,255 of 15,172
Could everyone give size recommendation in Xelastic? I use M size with Spinal dott and MS and triple comfort Sony foam MS.
Should I order MS or S? cause Only Hong Kong allow to ship to oz
Thanks

M size Spiral Dots is 12mm, The Sony Hybrid silicone and Triple Comfort MS size is also 12mm.

Size chart of Azla Xelastec tips:
Azla Xelastec.png

Jul 23, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #8,257 of 15,172
Wow thank you. It looks like I should buy Small size, finger cross with MS then.
The triple comfort tip does hurt my ear a lot but it restored the best bass I want to have, lol
It might be a bit higher than the stock tips. I used MS or S on stocks but use S or SS for xelastec. Just my experience.

I always end up with either inner or outer pain with stock tips. These Xelastec are working wonders so far.

Jul 23, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #8,258 of 15,172
Wow thank you. It looks like I should buy Small size, finger cross with MS then.
The triple comfort tip does hurt my ear a lot but it restored the best bass I want to have, lol

You better try the S and SS (both are 11mm) Sony Hybrid Silicone first, before buying the the S size of Xelastec.
The SS Triple Comfort (10mm) is not the same size as the SS Hybrid Silicone.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #8,259 of 15,172
I'm a metalhead so if you put a gun to my head and forced me to pick one, I'd choose the Z1R, simply because it gives the bass drum so much impact, and makes the music (especially in double bass sections) much more lively. The Z1R is also the obvious choice for electronic music. But if I'm in an OCD mood for detail and resolution, I find myself on laser-focusing on fingers plucking guitar strings, for example. In that case, and more generally for acoustic music, the VX is the obvious choice.

IMO these are two complementary IEMs. But bravo, Sony.
Have you tried KSE? Ideally KSE1500 with some slight eq to add body to bass, and some upper mids/ lower treble energy... and it’s audio bliss. Especially if you like speed, layering and metal!

Think it might be right up your alley

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 23, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #8,260 of 15,172
Just got this from Amazon.com. Nice to have a variety of sizes...
IMG_2153.jpg

Jul 23, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #8,264 of 15,172
what do you guys think about the sound with these? much of a change either way?
Better seal for sure. I don't detect any notable change in SQ so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back