SONY IER-Z1R
Apr 9, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #7,111 of 15,247
I mean it’s not like there’s a chat room or something somewhere to discuss these small issues soooooooo
Can create a thread and see if they want to pop in.

Apr 9, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #7,112 of 15,247
In my opinion, custom tips are a big no-no for most users. This IEM has to sit as deep as possible to be comfortable, and custom tips typically push the IEM further out.

In terms of comfort, I don't think the custom tips lack in comfort even if they do make the IEMs stick out. Especially on bigger IEM's that may not work with my smaller ears, custom ear tips are a nice workaround to get a comfortable fit. However, I think custom tips look butt-ugly and also make you look goofy as **** because of how far the IEM sticks out.

Apr 11, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #7,115 of 15,247
why is the sudden increase in sales posts in sales forum for these? a new version coming so people are trying to sell before 2nd hand price halves when the new version comes?
Boredom , and no work.

Apr 11, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #7,117 of 15,247
why is the sudden increase in sales posts in sales forum for these? a new version coming so people are trying to sell before 2nd hand price halves when the new version comes?
So you think used IER-Z1R's will sell for $650 when Sony releases a new IEM? Cool, I'll get myself a second pair then, just in case. :)

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #7,119 of 15,247

I don't think so. Why would they know something we don't know in this thread? I'd wager it's just typical FOTM behaviour, people indefinitely searching for a supposed "upgrade" and so on ...

Apr 11, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #7,120 of 15,247
I don't think so. Why would they know something we don't know in this thread? I'd wager it's just typical FOTM behaviour, people indefinitely searching for a supposed "upgrade" and so on ...

Well, I am just asking if anybody knows anything, because I've had my eyes on these since they came out and just waiting for a good 2nd hand deal to grab them. I certainly do not want to see a an upgrade coming as soon as I buy these and a sudden increase in sales posts has always been a bad sign as per my experiece...

Apr 11, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #7,121 of 15,247
Well, I am just asking if anybody knows anything, because I've had my eyes on these since they came out and just waiting for a good 2nd hand deal to grab them. I certainly do not want to see a an upgrade coming as soon as I buy these and a sudden increase in sales posts has always been a bad sign as per my experiece...
This is the FOMO that @phonomat talked about. In this case, it's the fear of missing out on a better deal. Don't succumb to it. If there are multiple IER-Z1R on sale now, use this moment to negotiate a better price and get the thing you wanted to get.

There's no way to be sure, but I'd say it's unlikely that there is a successor on the horizon so soon, given Sony's slow release cycle. And even if there was one, I wouldn't count on these dropping below $1,000.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #7,122 of 15,247
I only dare to think about what a new pair of these will cost when they are discontinued at some point.
I`ve already seen a few new ones on Ebay for well over $3000 (which is just stupid of course) but still...

Apr 11, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #7,123 of 15,247
I only dare to think about what a new pair of these will cost when they are discontinued at some point.
I`ve already seen a few new ones on Ebay for well over $3000 (which is just stupid of course) but still...
With the way these are built, you might still find them used in good condition in 2030.

Apr 11, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #7,125 of 15,247
Is anywhere in the US stocking these? I can’t find anywhere in the UK. Amazon were getting small quantities a while back.

Amazon Warehouse has a set

73F3162A-AF19-49E3-94D2-F0D4EC1F9480.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Pa1n
Back