SONY IER-Z1R
Feb 20, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #13,351 of 15,264
what are the best tips for these? I just got mine the other day and the SS tips are the best fit in terms of being able to go into my ear canal but I’m getting a pain if I push too far in.
I am in the same situation, and have tried many tips (Spinfit, Moondrop Spring, Spiral Dots++, Final Type E, Azla and amany more) The included SS Silicone tips are still the most comfortable ones and actually quite comfortable when I don't push them in too far. The closest is maybe the Final Type E.
The solution for me is not to push them in too far.

Edit:
Writing this reminded me that I wanted to try the Beyerdynamics Xelento XS tips!
I bought the S size and have been waiting for the XS to come back in stock here:
https://www.beyerdynamic.de/ohrpassstuecke-xelento.html
These are very comfortable but the fit with the S size is not as deep as with the silicone tips.

If you find an even better alternative please share!

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #13,352 of 15,264
to all dunu blanche owners:

mine is arriving tomorrow.

1) i am removing for the first the the stock cable and change it with the dunu blanche. do i have to take care about something special? since it is not a "specially made for z1r" connection, i hope it fits well.

2) do you bought the new usb-c adapter as well, how is it?

Feb 20, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #13,353 of 15,264
I am in the same situation, and have tried many tips (Spinfit, Moondrop Spring, Spiral Dots++, Final Type E, Azla and amany more) The included SS Silicone tips are still the most comfortable ones and actually quite comfortable when I don't push them in too far. The closest is maybe the Final Type E.

Edit:
Writing this reminded me that I wanted to try the Beyerdynamics Xelento XS tips!
I bought the S size and have been waiting for the XS to come back in stock here:
These are very comfortable but the fit with the S size is not as deep as with the silicone tips.

Do you find the sound quality is noticeably worse when you don’t push in too far?

Seems only the smallest of tips with this IEM works for me. The sound is great and the comfort is fine when I don’t push them in too far but can get painful when pushed in too much.

I’ve got the Azla SednaEarfit XELASTEC and only the two smallest sizes can get into my ear, with the SS being able to go into the canal much more. I am thinking of trying out their Crystal standard tips to see if that helps.

I’ll probably order the Final Type E as I keep hearing that is a good option.

Feb 20, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #13,354 of 15,264
Feb 20, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #13,356 of 15,264
Final Type E as you mentioned

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #13,357 of 15,264

Edit:

Yes, the best I've tried - and now use with most IEMs (if they fit) - is Sony's own EP-EX11. They're very similar to the stock, and I find the S size fits me perfectly. More comfy than stock, with the same excellent sound...and they're available in black, which to me looks so much nicer than stock. Z1R benefits from a narrow bore tip, and a deep insert. Also, the Sony tips are among the cheapest on the market, which makes you wonder why the other brands are so expensive...

You can grab some here: https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/EP-EX11L-BQ1-EP-EX11-Earpiece/dp/B0086PXQU2

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #13,358 of 15,264
to all dunu blanche owners:

mine is arriving tomorrow.

1) i am removing for the first the the stock cable and change it with the dunu blanche. do i have to take care about something special? since it is not a "specially made for z1r" connection, i hope it fits well.

2) do you bought the new usb-c adapter as well, how is it?
I bought the Blanche about 2 years ago, fitted it and have not removed it since but expect it to be fairly difficult to remove again and a lot of care should be used when doing it.

I have all 5 plugs (2.5, 3.5, 4.4, Lightning and USB-C) and the 2 dac tips have been fine for me for occasional use with my iPhone and iPadPro but are obviously not the optimal way to drive the Z1R

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #13,359 of 15,264
but expect it to be fairly difficult to remove again and a lot of care should be used when doing it.
oh man...

i bought the blanche first and wanted to buy some pw audio cable or so in the near future. so i have to remove the blanche in a couple of months again, however, i will take care and make it very slow.

by the way... is it difficult to remove because it is not especially made for the z1r? other brands provide multiple mmcx cables, adjusted to brand and model. these cables should be changed easier?!

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #13,360 of 15,264
Speaking of cables...
synergyiseverything.jpg

Feb 20, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #13,362 of 15,264
oh man...

i bought the blanche first and wanted to buy some pw audio cable or so in the near future. so i have to remove the blanche in a couple of months again, however, i will take care and make it very slow.

by the way... is it difficult to remove because it is not especially made for the z1r? other brands provide multiple mmcx cables, adjusted to brand and model. these cables should be changed easier?!
It’s because the connectors are standard mmcx and not specifically designed for the recessed sockets of the Z1R

Feb 20, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #13,363 of 15,264
It’s because the connectors are standard mmcx and not specifically designed for the recessed sockets of the Z1R
I can confirm EA connectors work perfectly with Z1R. Removing them is much harder than removing stock, so I'm going to do my best never to part Z1R from this cable.

Feb 20, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #13,364 of 15,264
Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #13,365 of 15,264

Users who are viewing this thread

Back