1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY IER-Z1R

First

Back
384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393
395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404
Next

Last
  1. Sp12er3
    When will @Currawong make a review of these I wonder? he posted an unbox of them (high res close up unbox, good stuff). Whoever this friend that lend him the Silver Gem, I say Thank you :ksc75smile:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Vitaly2017 and candlejack like this.
  2. candlejack
    Given how tricky it is to find a good fit with these astronomical-body sized IEMs, it's probably preferable that he takes his time.

I believe he would be the first reviewer/influencer on YT to discuss these in English.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Sp12er3 likes this.
  3. Peter Ruby
    Crinacle reviewed them on YouTube.

4. candlejack
    True, but I don't see him as a reviewer/influencer.

Sp12er3 likes this.
  5. wazzupi
    What ? What is he then ?

6. candlejack
    Maybe this is not the place, but I always associate a certain amount of bull with reviewers/influencers and Crin doesn't fit that description. He might not be right all the time, but I think he's making an effort to be honest with himself and others.

7. Peter Ruby
    So wouldn’t that be just the person you’d want to see review items?

The term influencer is an absolute joke. It’s akin to calling a garbage man a refuse disposal engineer.

Currawong likes this.
  8. wazzupi
    Ok i guess i get it now...

9. candlejack
    If it sounded like I was throwing shade at Crin, then I misspoke. I think he does a great job for audio lovers everywhere.

The term influencer is very appropriate in my opinion. It highlights the fact that their main goal is to influence you one way or another.

Sp12er3 likes this.
  10. Peter Ruby
    Gotcha. I didn’t take it that way about Crinacle.

I still stand by my opinion that the term “influencer” is an extreme glorification of one’s job title.

wazzupi likes this.
  11. candlejack
    It's similar to "opinionista" on Italian TV shows. Haha.

wazzupi likes this.
  12. Peter Ruby
    Yup. If you ever browse LinkdIn, you’ll find plenty of hose types of titles. Always worth a laugh or two.

13. Currawong Contributor
    That's one title I absolutely refuse to use.

I don't know if I ever mentioned it here, but I met the engineer responsible for the Z1Rs. He said that the sound tuning was solely his choice. That is very unusual for a Japanese company. He is very clearly strong-minded -- also unusual. That means though that I'm quite literally judging his work, just as I am if I review a pair of headphones or IEMs from a small company.

I do like them a lot though. I know that some people feel the bass is too much, but I think that it is balanced by the quality of it. I wish I had a pair of headphones with the same FR and sound quality, but I don't think such headphones exist. The Empyreans come closest, and even they don't have as much bass.

Sp12er3 and Damz87 like this.
  14. Jalo
    I have the Z1R for six to seven months now and as far as bass is concern, it has sufficient bass and good bass but that will not be the first character I will describe the Z1R, may be that's because there are just way too many iems on the market that has more bass than the Z1R, for instance, the Vega, Atlas, Jomo's Trinity, Legend X, JVC Fw10K, and Erlkonig to name a few. To me the only short coming for the Z1R is the recess low mid other than that it is a very capable phone.

Sp12er3 likes this.
  15. Evoke
    I personally feel that z1r is one those few iems worthy of the 2k price tag. There are too many overpriced iems lately that doesn't sound as good. Will be buying them soon

First

Back
384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393
395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404
Next

Last