Sony IER-M9 impressions thread
May 30, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #1,922 of 3,155
People go to your nearest sony service center and ask for wf 1000xm4 eartips (basically Ep 1000NI).
Its ****ing dirt cheap, in india and i just bought a pair of medium size for 200 rupees or 2.6 dollars. Sheesh accessoryjacks rates are ****ing highway robbery. 35 dollars for a pair **** them.

For USA you can order online

Silver color
L size
https://encompass.com/item/12706443/Sony/5-025-921-11/

M size
https://encompass.com/item/12706442/Sony/5-025-919-11/

S size
https://encompass.com/item/12706441/Sony/5-025-918-11/

Black color

L size
https://partstore.encompass.com/item/12706436/Sony/5-025-921-01/

M size
https://partstore.encompass.com/item/12706435/Sony/5-025-919-01/

S size
https://partstore.encompass.com/item/12706434/Sony/5-025-918-01/
$2.6 is very cheap indeed. malaysia sony stores are selling them at $16 each pair.

May 30, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #1,923 of 3,155
$2.6 is very cheap indeed. malaysia sony stores are selling them at $16 each pair.
while in Indonesia there is only one store who sell it at a popular online shop platform at $29 rounded up, and i bought wrong size once

May 30, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #1,925 of 3,155
May 31, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #1,926 of 3,155
I see the other two reviews after yours give the RS10 four & a half stars to your two. 🤔
No disrespect but i don't pay much attention to reviews i would rather listen to the customers that own them & read between the lines.
Absolutely! Hear the Turth!

I think you can easily test drive it via Shenzhen Audio. I encourage as many people as possible to test it and write reviews.

There are only 2 reviews and mine right now, this looks very unbalanced. So everyone who is willing to give it a test run to see for yourself if it is really that bad, absolutely give it a go. Don't be biased by my review, hear it for yourself and give your honest opinion what you think about it.

Last edited:
May 31, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #1,927 of 3,155
Absolutely! Hear the Turth!

I think you can easily test drive it via Shenzhen Audio. I encourage as many people as possible to test it and write reviews.

There are only 2 reviews and mine right now, this looks very unbalanced. So everyone who is willing to give it a test run to see for yourself if it is really that bad, absolutely give it a go. Don't be biased by my review, hear it for yourself and give your honest opinion what you think about it.
I'm not interested in the rs10 I am happy with the sony ier-m9, Sennheiser ie600 & next the sony ier-z1r & 64audio u12t.
I was just referring to iem reviews in general.

May 31, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #1,928 of 3,155
I'm not interested in the rs10 I am happy with the sony ier-m9, Sennheiser ie600 & next the sony ier-z1r & 64audio u12t.
I was just referring to iem reviews in general.
I do understand that, and i can understand why 2 stars (but only 3 reviews, that is important) look weird when the other two gave 4.5 and 5 Stars.

When writing an review, i always consider my personal taste, the amount of reviews, the MSRP, marketing claims and so on.

Even though i disliked the Blessing 2 Dusk more than i disliked the RS10, i gave it 3 stars because it sells for 460€ and there are no unrealistic Marketing claims about it.

If a company asks for 460€, i'll rate it different than a company that asks for 2000€. If an company advertises as an In-Ear, i'll rate it different than if an company advertises it as an professional CIEM.

So even though i liked the RS10 better than the Dusk, i gave the RS10 2 stars and the Dusk 3 stars.

Otherwise i would have to give every In-Ear below 100€ an 1-Star Review because they sound worse than the more expensive competitors. That makes no sense. The context and price of a product is important.

But the RS10 is a special case in several aspects, first of all it is marketed as an IEM (In-Ear Monitor).

I can do Monitoring with an IEM and i expect that to be capable in doing that, when an company markets their In-Ear as IEM.

Sony for example does distinguish between In-Ears and IEM.

MDR-EX800st, IER-M7 and IER-M9 are listed as IEM, so i expect to be able to do Monitoring with them and do judge if that is possible and how good they do it.
XBA-N3, XBA-Z5 and IER-Z1R are not listed as IEM, only as In-Ear, so i do not expect to be able to Monitor with them and rate them appropriately.

UltimateEars, VisionEars, FitEar and JustEar are marketed as IEM and i can do Monitoring with them, so i test their Monitoring capabilities and (in general) they succeed. Some of them are pretty questionable, especially the cheaper models (but often they already tell this on the homepage by saying "Recommended for Keys" or "Recommended for Drums" or something like that and i consider that in my review).

Softears (the Name already...) is marketed as an Custom IEM that is capable for professional Monitoring (even in Studios, they explicitly say that). It is not an Custom IEM and it is not possible to monitor with it and i consider that in my rating as scam/fraud. They advertise with something that is just not true.

This already makes it impossible for me to rate it as an 4-stars or even 5-stars.

The RS10 earned its 2 Stars Review by
  • Marketing with features that don't exist
    • Monitoring
    • Custom
  • Average Sound
    • Almost identical Sound to the 660€ Moondrop S8
    • Falling behind the (now) 350€ FiiO FA9 in several aspects
If they would not have made false marketing claims about their products, if they would not lie to their customers, i would have given 3 stars.

But lying to customers is one of the things i can absolutely not accept and is one of the reasons it got 2 stars. And i do accept common marketing terms. If they would have it advertised with "True to life sound" or "like an professional tool" it would have gotten 3 stars.

But they make explicit claims about specific features that are not true. I allow advertisement to be over to top, but this is just straight out lying.

But, lets be honst, the RS10 was their first product. The company was founded and the first product was an 2000€ In-Ear. That is a though statement and shows a big amount of arrogance and/or ignorance.

So i can understand that this looks weird, but it only looks weird because there are only 2 other Reviews for this In-Ear so far. Almost nobody pulls the trigger on this. On Aliexpress you can still get the Keychain that is reserved for the first 20 customers... so either they are lying again, or they failed to sell 20 items so far.

I can not proof it, so i do say that clear, this is not an Fact(!), this is just my personal feeling, nothing more. But to me, this is just a scam/fraud. I assume this is made by Moondrop and they are selling the "S10" under a different brand. The companies reside in the same place (they are direct neighbours) and Moondrop is the only other company that uses Softears BAs.

Either Softears does only exist to make Moondrop look better, or it is an actual try to cash in on rich audiophiles.

No matter what it is, something is foul here. But i can not proof it, so i only mentioned it as a fun fact without putting it into the rating.

Last edited:
May 31, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #1,929 of 3,155
I do understand that, and i can understand why 2 stars (but only 3 reviews, that is important) look weird when the other two gave 4.5 and 5 Stars.

When writing an review, i always consider my personal taste, the amount of reviews, the MSRP, marketing claims and so on.

Even though i disliked the Blessing 2 Dusk more than i disliked the RS10, i gave it 3 stars because it sells for 460€ and there are no unrealistic Marketing claims about it.

If a company asks for 460€, i'll rate it different than a company that asks for 2000€. If an company advertises as an In-Ear, i'll rate it different than if an company advertises it as an professional CIEM.

So even though i liked the RS10 better than the Dusk, i gave the RS10 2 stars and the Dusk 3 stars.

Otherwise i would have to give every In-Ear below 100€ an 1-Star Review because they sound worse than the more expensive competitors. That makes no sense. The context and price of a product is important.

But the RS10 is a special case in several aspects, first of all it is marketed as an IEM (In-Ear Monitor).

I can do Monitoring with an IEM and i expect that to be capable in doing that, when an company markets their In-Ear as IEM.

Sony for example does distinguish between In-Ears and IEM.

MDR-EX800st, IER-M7 and IER-M9 are listed as IEM, so i expect to be able to do Monitoring with them and do judge if that is possible and how good they do it.
XBA-N3, XBA-Z5 and IER-Z1R are not listed as IEM, only as In-Ear, so i do not expect to be able to Monitor with them and rate them appropriately.

UltimateEars, VisionEars, FitEar and JustEar are marketed as IEM and i can do Monitoring with them, so i test their Monitoring capabilities and (in general) they succeed. Some of them are pretty questionable, especially the cheaper models (but often they already tell this on the homepage by saying "Recommended for Keys" or "Recommended for Drums" or something like that and i consider that in my review).

Softears (the Name already...) is marketed as an Custom IEM that is capable for professional Monitoring (even in Studios, they explicitly say that). It is not an Custom IEM and it is not possible to monitor with it and i consider that in my rating as scam/fraud. They advertise with something that is just not true.

This already makes it impossible for me to rate it as an 4-stars or even 5-stars.

The RS10 earned its 2 Stars Review by
  • Marketing with features that don't exist
    • Monitoring
    • Custom
  • Average Sound
    • Almost identical Sound to the 660€ Moondrop S8
    • Falling behind the (now) 350€ FiiO FA9 in several aspects
If they would not have made false marketing claims about their products, if they would not lie to their customers, i would have given 3 stars.

But lying to customers is one of the things i can absolutely not accept and is one of the reasons it got 2 stars. And i do accept common marketing terms. If they would have it advertised with "True to life sound" or "like an professional tool" it would have gotten 3 stars.

But they make explicit claims about specific features that are not true. I allow advertisement to be over to top, but this is just straight out lying.

But, lets be honst, the RS10 was their first product. The company was founded and the first product was an 2000€ In-Ear. That is a though statement and shows a big amount of arrogance and/or ignorance.

So i can understand that this looks weird, but it only looks weird because there are only 2 other Reviews for this In-Ear so far. Almost nobody pulls the trigger on this. On Aliexpress you can still get the Keychain that is reserved for the first 20 customers... so either they are lying again, or they failed to sell 20 items so far.

I can not proof it, so i do say that clear, this is not an Fact(!), this is just my personal feeling, nothing more. But to me, this is just a scam/fraud. I assume this is made by Moondrop and they are selling the "S10" under a different brand. The companies reside in the same place (they are direct neighbours) and Moondrop is the only other company that uses Softears BAs.

Either Softears does only exist to make Moondrop look better, or it is an actual try to cash in on rich audiophiles.

No matter what it is, something is foul here. But i can not proof it, so i only mentioned it as a fun fact without putting it into the rating.
Ok thank you for your honesty i can understand how you feel.
I just bought a set of jvc spiral dot ++ to try on my sony ier-m9 after all the hype I have heard about them & I can definitely say to my ears they were a complete waste of money.
They took most of the bass away & completely changed the sound signature more than any other ear tip i have tried.

May 31, 2022 at 10:41 PM Post #1,930 of 3,155
@Lightspeed12 That's because spiraldot++ is really a treble oriented eartips and what really matter is your ear shape to the eartip. (sd++ doesn't really work for me too but sometime I just use them for testing as long as it can somewhat seal)
I got sony fake? eartips and they're really good. The only other one I can really recommend is T-APB.

@Vamp898 What's the difference between monitoring and in-ear only?

Jun 1, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #1,932 of 3,155
Ok thank you for your honesty i can understand how you feel.
I just bought a set of jvc spiral dot ++ to try on my sony ier-m9 after all the hype I have heard about them & I can definitely say to my ears they were a complete waste of money.
They took most of the bass away & completely changed the sound signature more than any other ear tip i have tried.
try radius deepmount instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back