Sony IER-M9 impressions thread
May 3, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #1,861 of 3,155
The most popular tips for these seem to be:
JVC Spiral Dot ++
Final Audio Type E
Sony EP-NI1000 Foam
(Moondrop Spring - I also liked them but there are few opinions about them)

I tried all of them and for my ears the EP-NI1000 came out on top
thank u about this, dot++ compared to stock sony hybrid about fit, sound, pressure in ear, soundstage ?

May 3, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #1,863 of 3,155
Anyone just use the stock silicone tips? These work better for me than any of the other tips I've tried tbh. Perfect fit every time and they sound great.
Yes. I've tried all the popular tips out there, but ended up coming back to the LL hybrid silicone tips. They fit and sound the best IMO.

May 3, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #1,864 of 3,155
Anyone just use the stock silicone tips? These work better for me than any of the other tips I've tried tbh. Perfect fit every time and they sound great.

Yes. The stock "hybrid" tips work best for me. I even bought some extras for other IEMs.

May 4, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #1,865 of 3,155
Yes the stock tips (EP EX11) are excellent. I love them with my WF1000 XM4 (ironically, XM4 comes with the ep ni1000 tips and sounds awful with them). For M9, I prefer Final E types though (brings out a little more warmth) but stock tips are equally good.

May 11, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #1,867 of 3,155
thank u about this, dot++ compared to stock sony hybrid about fit, sound, pressure in ear, soundstage ?
Finally I decided to stick to JVC Spiral Dot ++.
The length of Dot ++ is the longest compared to others.
This feature prevent my ear from touching the case of M9, which could be hurtful for long time daily use.

May 11, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #1,868 of 3,155
I decided to try the Comply tips finally and surprisingly they are the best fitting for me. The first set that isn't a struggle to get a seal, and they sound great!

This is very interesting, I might have to try those Dot ++ next.

May 11, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #1,869 of 3,155
Finally I decided to stick to JVC Spiral Dot ++.
This feature prevent my ear from touching the case of M9, which could be hurtful for long time daily use.
I found the best sound for my liking with Final E but having this same issue with one ear, just my left side. The curvy design of the case on the bottom that’s sticking out is preventing me from pushing in for proper seal. It’s rubbing against my ear notch and the inner part of the case is pushing on my intertragal notch which hurts after a while and loosing out on lower frequencies on left side with my favorite tips final E. Now I’ve switched to Final E clears upped one size as well, it’s better than before but not satisfied with the sound when compared to the deep fit of Final E M size. I need something with longer stem so it won’t rub or press on my ears.
I will look into DOT ++, is there a bud difference with sound btw the E and Dot++, will I be loosing out on that awesome low end with the more open nozzle of Dot++?
I couldn’t find them online, could you please share where you found them?

Attachments

• 14DF270A-CEA8-4137-B771-D2DB430EC034.jpeg
    14DF270A-CEA8-4137-B771-D2DB430EC034.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1D3625CA-2196-42D2-9EEE-74C5B75A2438.jpeg
    1D3625CA-2196-42D2-9EEE-74C5B75A2438.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 0
May 11, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #1,870 of 3,155
I found the best sound for my liking with Final E but having this same issue with one ear, just my left side. The curvy design of the case on the bottom that’s sticking out is preventing me from pushing in for proper seal. It’s rubbing against my ear notch and the inner part of the case is pushing on my intertragal notch which hurts after a while and loosing out on lower frequencies on left side with my favorite tips final E. Now I’ve switched to Final E clears upped one size as well, it’s better than before but not satisfied with the sound when compared to the deep fit of Final E M size. I need something with longer stem so it won’t rub or press on my ears.
I will look into DOT ++, is there a bud difference with sound btw the E and Dot++, will I be loosing out on that awesome low end with the more open nozzle of Dot++?
Sorry, I have not tried final E tips thus I don't know the sound difference between it and and Dot++.
:beerchug:

Last edited:
May 11, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #1,871 of 3,155
E has more sub bass than Spiral Dot ++

You can hear cymbals more easily with the SD++ than the E

May 12, 2022 at 2:58 AM Post #1,872 of 3,155
Since E is not working fit wise for my ears, I have to look for some tips with longer stem. Is there any more options to consider other than SD++?

May 12, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #1,873 of 3,155
Since E is not working fit wise for my ears, I have to look for some tips with longer stem. Is there any more options to consider other than SD++?
try cp100/cp100+? those have the longest stems. cp145's stems are long too, same length if not longer by a tiny bit (sorry if the photos are not clear, i am not wasting time to arrange them and to take photos again) i think azla sednafit has long stem version too, check those out.
IMG_20220512_224014.jpg
IMG_20220512_224505.jpg

otherwise, try double flange like acoustune aet06.
radius deep mount has a different design than all other eartips should help too, and this is also the best sounding ear tips for me (check the photo below for comparison of design between radius deep mount, spiral dot ++ and final e)
IMG_20220512_224947.jpg

softears clear's stems are long too, same like those spinfit, but they cannot fit m9 snugly.

May 12, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #1,874 of 3,155
try cp100/cp100+? those have the longest stems. cp145's stems are long too, same length if not longer by a tiny bit (sorry if the photos are not clear, i am not wasting time to arrange them and to take photos again) i think azla sednafit has long stem version too, check those out.
IMG_20220512_224014.jpgIMG_20220512_224505.jpg
otherwise, try double flange like acoustune aet06.
radius deep mount has a different design than all other eartips should help too, and this is also the best sounding ear tips for me (check the photo below for comparison of design between radius deep mount, spiral dot ++ and final e) IMG_20220512_224947.jpg
softears clear's stems are long too, same like those spinfit, but they cannot fit m9 snugly.
Thanks for the photos, they definitely help. I have been curious about radius deep mount but it won’t work for my ears with M9 but I am getting them for my other sets. I’ll look more into CP100, have tried CP145 in the past and they were my favorites until I found Azla.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back