Sony IER-M9 impressions thread
Apr 8, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #1,802 of 3,155
The cable does definitely make them sound livelier, I was honestly surprised! The swappable plugs are a good edition, but super tough to switch between. Definitely not easy so there's that to keep in mind... Plugging them into the IEMs was also not that easy or clear, it takes some force to shove them in so they actually connect. A problem due to the ier M9s themselves and not so much the cable.

Would prefer if this was an L plug, so that it's flush with my ZX300. Overall it feels very chonky and premium. I'd say I'm satisfied!

(Smells horrible though :mask:)
20220407_151853.jpg
what cable is this? looks nice

Apr 8, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #1,804 of 3,155
Fiio LC-RC, I honestly took it off after a couple of hours for use. They sound great, but too long, heavy, and the interchangeable connectors turn your fingers into mush if you want to switch them out regularly... My fingers still hurt from yesterday!
I had been eyeing that cable before settling on the CEMA XS, sounds like I dodged a bullet and made the right decision.

Apr 9, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #1,807 of 3,155
Apr 9, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #1,808 of 3,155
seems like the DUNU DUW02 cable is sold out everywhere... does anyone have any other recommendations for cables that have swappable connectors? (minus the Fiio LC-RC of course)
another effective solution is getting a decent 2.5mm cable and DDhifi 2.5mm to 3.5 mm and 4.4mm adapters. Very solid build, looks great and seamless.

Apr 9, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #1,809 of 3,155
looks like walmart still has a few although that price seems high. https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/DUNU-D...ted-OCC-Copper-Litz-Wire-MMCX/PRD40ML01GWMKGJ
Found out they actually sell an updated version of the same cable on their website! https://www.dunu-topsound.com/product-page/duw-02s-cable

Same price, with the 4.4mm connector included it costs about the same as the LC-RC but it actually looks like you can disconnect them with ease. Gonna wait a bit before buying since I already wasted 90 dollars on the lcrc :triportsad:

Apr 13, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #1,810 of 3,155
So i will propbably be able to score an ier m9 from singapore. One of friends is gonna be there, any advice or method to verify the authenticity of the same ?

link: https://www.carousell.sg/p/bnib-son...r m9&t-referrer_sort_by=popular&t-tap_index=1

price is also good around SGD 1140 or around 840 us dollars.

Are there any Singaporeans / head fi member who have some connect or known trustworthy guy who deals in genuine products and gives good price ?

Apr 14, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #1,811 of 3,155
So i will propbably be able to score an ier m9 from singapore. One of friends is gonna be there, any advice or method to verify the authenticity of the same ?

link: https://www.carousell.sg/p/bnib-sony-ier-m9-in-ear-monitoring-earphones-1043651155/?t-id=mV8GOF_0fL_1649863284992&t-referrer_browse_type=search_results&t-referrer_request_id=p1l9MGS9kEP_wTy8&t-referrer_search_query=sony ier m9&t-referrer_sort_by=popular&t-tap_index=1

price is also good around SGD 1140 or around 840 us dollars.

Are there any Singaporeans / head fi member who have some connect or known trustworthy guy who deals in genuine products and gives good price ?
I'm from Singapore and recently bought my M9 from that same seller in the link above. It's authentic and the M9 sounds so beautiful. But unfortunately the provided tips are quite uncomfortable for me as i'm pretty spoiled by my custom iems. Shall explore with other tips and hopefully i can find something that fits me well.

*Unfortunately my old account can't post anymore so i have to create a new account.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #1,812 of 3,155
Anyone have the chance to compare these with the U12T and can answer a couple questions?:
- I have the U12T and while it's nothing short of amazing, I would love a touch more warmth - how much "warmer" is the M9?
- How is the fit on the M9?
- How far off are they in all honesty... in other words is U12T worth the 1k price difference over the M9?

Apr 14, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #1,813 of 3,155
Anyone have the chance to compare these with the U12T and can answer a couple questions?:
- I have the U12T and while it's nothing short of amazing, I would love a touch more warmth - how much "warmer" is the M9?
- How far off are they in all honesty... in other words is U12T worth the 1k price difference over the M9?
aftersound review compared them in his u12t video here:

Apr 15, 2022 at 2:06 AM Post #1,814 of 3,155
-No, M9 is more neutral and transparent. U12t sounds oversmoothened and kind of bland in comparison (M9 is smooth af as well with zero harshness but not muddled)
-Fit is awesome if you have a medium to large ish ear. Extremely isolating. People with small ears might have trouble with the fit.
-Depends on preference really. I much prefer M9 to U12t. Sounds more natural/organic but many people might think otherwise. The only iem I've liked more than the M9 is LCD i4 but that still doesn't do midrange as well. M7 and M9 are probably the only all BA iems that sound like full fledged DD but have the technical prowess of BA

Apr 15, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #1,815 of 3,155
-No, M9 is more neutral and transparent. U12t sounds oversmoothened and kind of bland in comparison (M9 is smooth af as well with zero harshness but not muddled)
-Fit is awesome if you have a medium to large ish ear. Extremely isolating. People with small ears might have trouble with the fit.
-Depends on preference really. I much prefer M9 to U12t. Sounds more natural/organic but many people might think otherwise. The only iem I've liked more than the M9 is LCD i4 but that still doesn't do midrange as well. M7 and M9 are probably the only all BA iems that sound like full fledged DD but have the technical prowess of BA
Interesting, just bought one. We'll see how it goes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back