Sony IER-M9 impressions thread
Mar 12, 2022 at 11:37 PM Post #1,745 of 3,155
like brand new or used ?
Brand new. In China, the price of SONY products varies a lot due to the platform/store it is sold. I purchased from a local reseller in my city. The price is lower than online markets. Maybe it is because they could save the fees for advertisements and online platform services.

Mar 13, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #1,747 of 3,155
is anyone willing to share any contacts with good deals for ier m9 in china. But genuine resellers or maybe any head fi'er can help me ?
Considering the international delivery fee and the potential import tax, the longer waiting time, and the warranty policy. In my opinion this may not be a cost-effective way.:)

Mar 13, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #1,749 of 3,155
Actually i will have some one pick it up/send to in china. Second not available in my country.

It is recommended to order via Taobao.com(淘宝) or pinduoduo (拼多多). Many sellers are available on these platforms with desirable price.

Mar 13, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #1,750 of 3,155
Thanks for your information that provide me a good reference for solving the air pressure problem.

I just purchased a pair of IER-M9 yesterday and found the air pressure in the ear is uncomfortable. This is my first attempt at the balanced armatured headphones.

However, EP-NI1000 seems to be sold too expensive in China ($23). I noticed that it is in pack with the WF-1000XM4 TWS. Maybe I can find a spare pair on the second-hand market sold by the TWS user.

Then I realized that I have some Moondrop MIS-Tip foam tips. It feels great and effectively addressed the air pressure issue for IER-M9!

MIS-Tip is much cheaper than EP-NI1000. I will compare them once I get EP-NI1000.
I used the Xcessor FX4.0 before which are very cheap too.

Because they provide a bit better isolation I still use them from time to time when I'm outside or when I do sports, but I always instantly notice that they sound a bit more muffled.

It didn't sound bad, not at all, it's just showing a different character, but I personally prefer the "clearer" more open Sound with the more controlled bass

The IER-M9 have most likely the best treble of any IEM that exists (even though most people are mostly surprised by its bass), and this strength only shows with silicone or the EP-NI1000

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #1,751 of 3,155
Got a new amp/dac to use with my M9's. I considered several combos and stacks mostly in the low to midrange and ended up getting the ifi zen dac v2. I really wasn't expecting much since it's budget/entry level but I'm so pleasantly surprised with how nice it sounds, compared to my BTR5(in both bt and usb), It just sounds more detailed and with the truebass button the zen makes the music just a little fuller sounding without distorting or muddying, at least below 12oclock.

I had heard that on low volume this amp/dac has balance issues, which I guess it does but it's only at the very lowest volume. I was again surprised that I need to have 'powermatch'(aka high gain) set to On and can listen in the 9oclock to 12oclock range for a good volume. I was worried that even on low gain I would need to have the volume much lower but that isn't the case.
It does make me wonder just how much better something like the Topping dx7 pro, or the Fiio K9 pro would make the M9's sound.

So now I'm just waiting on my tips and my cable. I ended up ordering the CEMA XS series with the Z1R connectors and black and silver hardware. I think it going to look really nice paired with my M9. :)
Screenshot_40g.png

Mar 13, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #1,752 of 3,155
1647223077903.png

this looks good. but I'm confused between this and more expensive fiio lc-re. same black mmcx connector and modular

Mar 14, 2022 at 12:44 AM Post #1,753 of 3,155
I used the Xcessor FX4.0 before which are very cheap too.

Because they provide a bit better isolation I still use them from time to time when I'm outside or when I do sports, but I always instantly notice that they sound a bit more muffled.

It didn't sound bad, not at all, it's just showing a different character, but I personally prefer the "clearer" more open Sound with the more controlled bass

The IER-M9 have most likely the best treble of any IEM that exists (even though most people are mostly surprised by its bass), and this strength only shows with silicone or the EP-NI1000
I got my EP-NI1000. It is definitely better than MIS-Tip both for wearing and sound. Thank you again!

Mar 14, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #1,754 of 3,155
Got a new amp/dac to use with my M9's. I considered several combos and stacks mostly in the low to midrange and ended up getting the ifi zen dac v2. I really wasn't expecting much since it's budget/entry level but I'm so pleasantly surprised with how nice it sounds, compared to my BTR5(in both bt and usb), It just sounds more detailed and with the truebass button the zen makes the music just a little fuller sounding without distorting or muddying, at least below 12oclock.

I had heard that on low volume this amp/dac has balance issues, which I guess it does but it's only at the very lowest volume. I was again surprised that I need to have 'powermatch'(aka high gain) set to On and can listen in the 9oclock to 12oclock range for a good volume. I was worried that even on low gain I would need to have the volume much lower but that isn't the case.
It does make me wonder just how much better something like the Topping dx7 pro, or the Fiio K9 pro would make the M9's sound.

So now I'm just waiting on my tips and my cable. I ended up ordering the CEMA XS series with the Z1R connectors and black and silver hardware. I think it going to look really nice paired with my M9. :)
Listen to them with the TA-ZH1ES and your head will blow of. Its like getting sucked into another world.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back