1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony IER-M9 impressions thread

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last
  1. CoryGillmore
    Ah ok that sounds more like it. Coulda swore I heard i the exact opposite from someone though.

2. Giullian
    I had the A12t while still had my M9. The A12t sounded more clear while M9 warmer, better separation, imaging and soundstage. Feel like a good step up from M9. But does it worth $1000 more? That's the Audiophile world where you pay exponentially more for that extra 10% in sound.

I did an impressions comparison between M9/Z1r/A12t/Andro S.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-ier-z1r-new-flagship.886120/page-230#post-15033079

3. timeslip
    I can't agree with you more on your assessment! I have written this in previous posts in this thread, and the Z1R one. I tried the M9's originally, then thought surely the Z1R's should be even better. Without going on a soap box about the Z1R's, the biggest disappointment was how uncomfortable they felt. The M9's are just damn magical in how they sound and fit! I would argue that the fit is as good as my custom 64Audio A18T's. The only complaint about the M9's that I have is how awesome they are, and forcing me to have to keep them.

4. TooPoorForHiFi
    Anyone using a 4.4mm Female Balanced to 2.5mm Male Balanced adapter? If so could you link me your adapter? I would like to try out Balanced.

The cheaper the better, Amazon Preferred. :sweat_smile:

Thanks.

5. Giullian
    I got the one below, actually got the 4.4 to 2.5 and 4.4 to 3.5 from the same seller. both with SPC, Worked well for me on my A&K.
    https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07DNVN3B5/

CoryGillmore and TooPoorForHiFi like this.
  6. hiflofi
    Heard the IER-M9 a while back and I felt like they were a competitor to the Andromeda obviously due to comparable internals and pricing, and I noted down a few things. They have a cleaner sound and are slightly more "reference" than the warmer Andromeda. IER-M9 has a smaller stage in both depth and width vs Andromeda imo but still organised extremely well, no congestion detected. Better sub-bass than the Andromeda, but similar mid-bass. Highs are a different timbre imo, Andromeda sparkles (embellished, but in a good way) whereas IER-M9 seems to be more "real". Also, they do mids in contrasting ways, but it depends on your personal "neutral" as to which is preferable. I think the IER-M9 and Andromeda can both be benchmarks for the expected performance at this price, they set a very high bar imo.

CoryGillmore and Evoke like this.
  7. CoryGillmore
  8. Giullian
    Cool, a good thing to have in mind when buying adapters is the kind of cable one plan to use. In this case Sony uses SPC cables on the standard cables, so an adapter with SPC cables are the ideal.

CoryGillmore likes this.
  9. CoryGillmore
    Exactly!

10. TooPoorForHiFi
    Thanks, Ordered the Copper-Silver! :laughing:

I'm really liking the Stock Cable, usually I would replace them with something soft & flexiable but not with these... VERY Happy with my M9 so far.

I think I'm done w/ new IEM for now unless I get an itch for DD bass but thats not happenning anytime soon. :blush:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    CoryGillmore likes this.
  11. Giullian
    Good fhat you're liking. They are indeed amazing IEMs.

CoryGillmore likes this.
  12. CoryGillmore
    Listening to Daft Punk Random Access Memories, the album. These M9s absolutely SING with music like this. The track "Motherboard" with all those water and electronic sounds, OMFG. Nothing else I have can reproduce those sounds with such fidelity, you can almost reach out and touch it. I've had these things over 8 months and they still impress.

13. CoryGillmore
    I find with the M9 that I need to pull them out and wipe them off about once every couple hours. For some reason they make my ears produce a bunch of wet wax or sweat or something. If you let it build up it has a profound effect on fit and therefore SQ. But if I pull them out, wipe them off and shove a paper towel in my ear to dry them out it’s as good as new. Anyone else experience this with IEMs?

14. Giullian
    That's normal business, the IEM seals the ventilation and consequently it gets warmer than usual inside your ears. And, is always good to do a quick clean to avoid wax and humidity build up in the IEM. My Andromeda's used to build a lot of condensation on it's bore. Luckly the M9 has a foam protection.

CoryGillmore likes this.
  15. dazzerfong
    My Asian genetics are kicking in, so I don't get any wet wax at all. My ears do get itchy after a while though.

CoryGillmore likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last