1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony IER-M9 impressions thread

First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last
  1. CoryGillmore
    Go down another size! I'm now using the ML haha. With seemingly even better results. Even deeper insertion etc

twiceboss and Mal Waldron like this.
  2. Mal Waldron
    I'm still with L size. These last days I'm hearing lot of classical music and they sound fabulous. Amazingly natural tone of strings and the well-known instrumental separation and imaging of these IEMs.

CoryGillmore likes this.
  3. Dinche
    This is where I arrived too. After 3 months of fiddling with different types/sizes.

CoryGillmore likes this.
  4. PointyFox
    I went from ML to S.. They stuck out too far with the ML and were pressing on the inner rim of my ear which got uncomfortable.

CoryGillmore likes this.
  5. CoryGillmore
    Yeah go down one more brotha! I’m kinda thinking now that if you can get it to vacuum seal then the tips are too big. With the ML, even if I tried to get it to vacuum seal I couldn’t. It’s not even possible with the ML in my ears. It was very difficult with the L for me too. With the LL, it’s very easy to get a vacuum seal in my ears.

Mal Waldron likes this.
  6. PointyFox
    Try the small sizes too. I can get the seal with the small and large but not the medium sizes.

CoryGillmore likes this.
  7. CoryGillmore
    Yeah I guess it wouldn’t hurt to keep going. I don’t think any smaller would work though. I feel like the ML is perfect and any smaller wouldnt achieve a seal at all.

I tried to foam TC tips again too with my newfound knowledge of how the tips are really supposed to fit and still no dice. I mean I got a pair that fit they just sound so lifeless. No bass. Which is weird, usually foam tips produce bloated bass and dulled treble. Not the case with the Sony TC tips.

8. PointyFox
    I had the same experience. The small ones form a seal because they let me insert the tips deeper, and instead of sealing in the bowl of my ear they seal in the ear canal.

CoryGillmore likes this.
  9. Mal Waldron
    Tip rolling day... ML size, as you all said, deeper insertion with no vacuum effect

IMG_20191207_105718.jpg

twiceboss likes this.
  10. twiceboss
    Correct guys, just use Hybrid. Go down to the size that will not introduce vacuum effect. Go deep with it. The best so far. There is no more slow bass decay. Imaging is even more precise. Vocals are now really forward and no nasal problem. Best of the best.

CoryGillmore and Mal Waldron like this.
  11. twiceboss
    Sonically difference is just so huge with a right size of hybrid.

CoryGillmore and Mal Waldron like this.
  12. Smasher
    Thank you, this helped me out a lot! This placement + deep fit is what gives me the best sound :beyersmile:

Mal Waldron likes this.
  13. PointyFox
    None of the foam tips give me a good seal and it destroys the bass extension.

Damz87 and CoryGillmore like this.
  14. twiceboss
    I tried a lot foam tips too. It cuts the sparkle. Didnt even like it

15. Damz87
    Playing around with tips again today and I have to say, I stand corrected. The ML sized tips are definitely better than LL for me. I think I got used to the LL sizes shallower insertion, so I probably wasn't getting a proper seal when I tried ML's last week. Now I'm pushing them in further and they're sealing properly, without any vacuum. They sound so clear, open and precise compared to before. Amazing!

These IEM's just keep getting better and better!!

twiceboss and CoryGillmore like this.
First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last