1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony IER-M9 impressions thread

First

Back
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last
  1. twiceboss
    oh god yes, 9038s dac change ier M9 to another level! @@

almost as detail as kse1200! gosh what in the world this dac is

2. twiceboss
    I'm certain that I enjoy with Spiral Dots most recently. Some people here said it sounds weird with Spiral Dots. I did experience that for the first impression but after some songs, my brain adjusted to it. Spiral Dots on M9 sounds so holographic ngl.

3. CoryGillmore
    But now go back to the Sony Hybrids and your ears won't even have to adjust to think the Hybrids are the best. The bass of the Hybrids is what keeps them in my ears.

Damz87 likes this.
  4. twiceboss
    I know about the bass on hybrid but I'm mids and highs head.

CoryGillmore likes this.
  5. Kaydubbed
    I poked holes in my bargain Amazon clear silicone mushroom tips recommended here (HIFI Man) and ellimated vacuum and they are amazing. I won't be trying anything different.

Damz87, twiceboss and CoryGillmore like this.
  6. Mal Waldron
    It has taken me several days to realize that these IEMs must be placed exactly as they appear in the photo to appreciate their full potential, with the cable guide above the ear and not on it

09a9b5f3e202f3041511e3cbf5d5ebe5.jpeg

Smasher, XERO1 and CoryGillmore like this.
  7. CoryGillmore
    Very true! They can be quite finnicky to be honest. Can be slightly annoying at times. They can sound open and airy or they can sound closed in and lifeless depending on how they are inserted and positioned.

twiceboss and Mal Waldron like this.
  8. twiceboss
    ngl, this is by far one of the most excellent IEMs on giving spatial cues once u got it correct.

CoryGillmore likes this.
  9. Dinche
    Well. I got a pair of those Z1R (ML size) tips. Punched a small hole in each. Z1R hybrid tips make my M7 sound better than the supplied ones! (yeah I punched holes in them too) :).
    Bass has so much clarity now, and midrange sounds more open. Another benefit is less finicky insertion. I just put them in and they good to go. With the supplied ones, no matter how much I fiddled I always had this sensation that it would take few minutes for them to settle in my ears in order to sound good. Very happy!

Regards

CoryGillmore, DynamicEars and Damz87 like this.
  10. XERO1
    When I tried the M9, they created a vacuum-like seal in my ear canal, which felt quite unpleasant. And removing them felt even worse. But I didn’t have either of those problems with the Z1R.

Where were you able to get the Z1R tips from?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  11. twiceboss
    Hey, M9 is full BA with zero venting. Z1R has venting for the DD. That explains everything. Some people dont care about vacuum feeling. Me personally, i dont like vacuum feeling.

12. Dinche
    Hi,

https://www.speedyspares.com/shop/s...adphone+Ear+Bud+-+ML+for+IERZ1R+&results=1123

SpeedySpares in Australia. They supply spare parts for Sony related products.

Regards

XERO1 likes this.
  13. Peter Ruby
    I’m looking at either the M9s or possibly QDC Anole VXs. Has anybody heard both? If so, can you provide your thoughts on the comparison between them?

Right now I have the Z1Rs and would like something to compliment them. I’ve also been looking at the 64 Audio u18t or u12t.

So many great IEMs available, so few ears.

14. twiceboss
    What kind of complementary that u are looking for?

15. Peter Ruby
    Something very neutral and something I can wear anywhere. I don't feel comfortable wearing the Z1Rs in public.

First

Back
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last