Sony Hybrid Tips - Where?
Dec 24, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 21
Doing some searching and not seeing where I can buy the Sony hybrid tips anymore. Discontinued? Say it isn't so. Any thoughts? Need the green ones.

The SONY Hybrid tips are still available as usual here in Japan.  

What was recently discontinued was the SONY Noise Isolation tips, the ones that are silicon with foam inside. (SONY Hybrid tips, despite the `hybrid` name, are completely silicon with no foam core).

The Noise Isolation tips have been replaced with a much more interesting tip, the SONY Triple Comfort tip, which includes the same silicon-over-foam idea, combined with a Spinfit-like flexibility.  

Dec 24, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 21

The SONY Hybrid tips are still available as usual here in Japan.  

What was recently discontinued was the SONY Noise Isolation tips, the ones that are silicon with foam inside. (SONY Hybrid tips, despite the `hybrid` name, are completely silicon with no foam core).

The Noise Isolation tips have been replaced with a much more interesting tip, the SONY Triple Comfort tip, which includes the same silicon-over-foam idea, combined with a Spinfit-like flexibility.  

interesting, does it feels like comply? do you sell them?

Dec 25, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #5 of 21
  interesting, does it feels like comply? do you sell them?

I dislike the feel of complys and other regular foam tips in general.  These Sonys are quite comfortable for me - much softer and pliable than the original Noise Isolation silicon-over-foam tips.  I`m getting a good seal.  

I can send you some - just pm me.  

Dec 26, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #6 of 21
The individually-packed replacement Hybrid tips are still available, but over the last few years in their lower-end and h.ear IEMs, Sony's been replacing those with a color-coordinated, translucent version that's a teeny tiny bit less pliable, and it shows every time I put one on. Cost cut perhaps...

I'm still waiting to try the triple comforts, because short of buying the XBA-N1 I don't see a very economical way of trying it...the indivual packs are way too expensive that if I get all three sizes they're about 1/4 the cost of what I can get the N1 for, and I'm not paying that much for a totally blind buy.

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #8 of 21
I just got my Sony sbh80s and would like to try to get a better isolating tip for these! Will the hybrids fit and can you get then in China?! Also, anyone ever try retrofitting those little wings onto a Sony headset?!
Thank you!

Mar 5, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #9 of 21
I too want to buy the hybrid. Seems the listings on Amazon are fake. I ended up buying from Japanese seller in eBay. The model # is EPEX 11.

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #10 of 21

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #14 of 21
Just to update this thread... And ask if there is a way to get the genuine Sony tips? Getting Chinese clones of these seem hit and miss in terms of getting decent ones.

The following NICKSTON version is actually a little better than the originals (I have both), the fit on the IEM is more secure/they stay put:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D0EXM0...olid=1Q6UOS57BI6S9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Large ONLY: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D4F3WX...olid=1Q6UOS57BI6S9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Small ONLY: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LVZW1E...olid=1Q6UOS57BI6S9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Jun 25, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #15 of 21
I too want to buy the hybrid. Seems the listings on Amazon are fake. I ended up buying from Japanese seller in eBay. The model # is EPEX 11.

I have some EP-EX11 “hybrid” tips - exactly what part of these is “hybrid”? All silicon/plastic, no foam. Unless they mean it is a “hybrid” because it uses silicon and plastic. Or maybe that the tips “replace hybrid tips”..

The EP-EX11 are hot and dry as the Sahara too. They are the most treble-forward tips I have out of a dozen so so different models: would only consider in treble-shy IEMs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back