Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
Jan 10, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #1,141 of 1,526
nah sony learned their lesson with pricing too. just look at xz1 already receiving massive price cuts here and there.

thats true, my friend said the same thing about 18:9 that it feels much better in the hand but im not sure tbh. the XA2 aesthetic should be incorporated into flagships the edge to edge display looks nice for a budget phone. THis might grab some market share from samsungs midrangers.

im surprised he liked the xzp. i have a friend who doesn't like the rectangular build of it. i still have yet to see XZP irl.

Yeah but that always happens. They always start TOO high IMO and then quickly after start cutting prices. But by then a lot of POTENTIAL customers have already said "F this" and bought a different brand's phone. Sony needs to make sure they price them on-point FROM THE GETGO! lol

Well once you feel an 18:9 phone in your hand you will probably be swayed over. lol Didn't you say one of the flagship Xperia for 2018 was rumored to be 18:9??

Yeah my friend when we were at Best Buy also mentioned initially before looking at the XZP that he thought the XA1 Ultra looked amazing cuz of the lack of bezels. He didn't know it was a budget phone because Sony has such FANTASTIC taste in design. Even I wouldn't have thought it was a budget phone had I not already known that the XA line was budget. lol But he also thought it was a flagship b/c compared to the XZP the XA1 Ultra has a BIGGER screen. But we both know Sony is just funny like that................lol. Yes hopefully they do steal some of Samsung's thunder there (in addition to the flagships!!).

Well again if you saw it in person aertus you would INSTANTLY understand. lol He mentioned that he typically likes the square/rectangular cuts/designs on phones, and I've noticed that with his choice in cars too in a few instances. I like both curvy and square/rectangular cuts. It just depends on the overall. Sony just has a way of outdoing the rest in looks IMO. Samsung has basically caught up to them FINALLY, as did LG and HTC, but I still think the XZP looks better in design/aesthetics than either phone. But of course there's more to it than just that. lol

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #1,142 of 1,526
and these phones will be avalaible in february so not really a long wait time for release like before.

Yeah, but I only REALLY care about the flagships. lol I think now that LG just released that $20,000 8K TV that perhaps Sony should CONTINUE the trend THEY'D started of releasing flagships with 4K displays. THIS is the year to go big..........10 year anniversary, big design change claims by Sony Mobile, etc.................go big or go home Sony Mobile. lol

Jan 11, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #1,143 of 1,526
That would be interesting to read. Earlier in this thread I posted about a convo I had with someone on this site about the XZ Premium's sound quality, which I believe is equal to the XZ1's. The guy basically said if you enable AHO (Automatic Headphone Optimization) on the XZP/XZ1, it sounded even better than his $300 Sony Walkman! But the V20 and V30 I believe are in that category too, so it might be close. I actually owned the V20 (int'l B&O-certified version) for about a week but returned it to keep the HTC 10 b/c the 10 sounded great and I wanted a smaller phone at the time. My cousin though had the T-Mobile V20 (not B&O-certified, though I really don't know if that matters TBH) and I listened to it a few times and it sounded FANTASTIC! But since I haven't listened to the XZP or XZ1 yet, I can't really say if it's better or not than the V20. But hopefully this info helped a little.

Hopefully someone reading this can answer your question.
How would you Compare SQ of V20 against V30, i mean is it worth switching to v30? How the BASS preset perform in v30?

Jan 11, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #1,145 of 1,526
How would you Compare SQ of V20 against V30, i mean is it worth switching to v30? How the BASS preset perform in v30?

That's tough man, b/c I never had the 2 side by side. The bass and really EVERYTHING IN BOTH phones is extraordinary though. The V30 I think has some digital filters that I BELIEVE the V20 didn't. I would research it some more online. If you can swing the V30, go for it I say just cuz it's newer and has the better processor (835 vs. 820). But if not, then get the V20 for sure. I have the V30 and LOVE it!!!!!! The battery life is beyond insane. lol

Jan 11, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #1,146 of 1,526
Yeah, but I only REALLY care about the flagships. lol I think now that LG just released that $20,000 8K TV that perhaps Sony should CONTINUE the trend THEY'D started of releasing flagships with 4K displays. THIS is the year to go big..........10 year anniversary, big design change claims by Sony Mobile, etc.................go big or go home Sony Mobile. lol
did you hear about sonys 8k hdr that was 10 thousand nits at CES? its basically a tv that hit the cap on whats possible with HDR by doing maximum 10k nits.

yeah for pricing 350 dollars is a good price for a budget phone like that. so that was a good move as well.well they said they were going to drop the older aesthetic for something new so we gotta see to find out.

yes sony themselfs said it was going to be 18:9

Jan 11, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #1,147 of 1,526
did you hear about sonys 8k hdr that was 10 thousand nits at CES? its basically a tv that hit the cap on whats possible with HDR by doing maximum 10k nits.

yeah for pricing 350 dollars is a good price for a budget phone like that. so that was a good move as well.well they said they were going to drop the older aesthetic for something new so we gotta see to find out.

yes sony themselfs said it was going to be 18:9

No I didn't. But it sounds awesome! lol

Yes I agree. $350 is legit for what you're getting! Yeah they did that for the XA2 and it looks fantastic! I love the rounded edges. The sides are metal, top/bottom diamond cut (what does that actually mean though? lol that it's diamonds or just cut like them?), not sure on body though. Akeido?? Still really nice. ANYTHING beats plastic! lol

Sony said what's gonna be 18:9??

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #1,148 of 1,526
No I didn't. But it sounds awesome! lol

Yes I agree. $350 is legit for what you're getting! Yeah they did that for the XA2 and it looks fantastic! I love the rounded edges. The sides are metal, top/bottom diamond cut (what does that actually mean though? lol that it's diamonds or just cut like them?), not sure on body though. Akeido?? Still really nice. ANYTHING beats plastic! lol

Sony said what's gonna be 18:9??
its a tv that doesn't need tone mapping because the signal that goes to the TV is mastered in 10k anyways so the TV is pretty much maximum HDR. just for a perspective the best LCD TV out there for consumers do barely 2000 nits so this is 8 thousand more nits.

sony themselfs said they were going 18:9 for mirai. we'll see there is a high chance we will see a flagship at mwc.

edit: can we just give sony a round of applause for finally doing it right? Pre order 350 dollars on best buy with an actual working finger print scanner is finally here what a blessing. Took them forever but now people will want sony phones again and I would pick XA2 over any other cheap chinese budget phone any day.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #1,150 of 1,526
its a tv that doesn't need tone mapping because the signal that goes to the TV is mastered in 10k anyways so the TV is pretty much maximum HDR. just for a perspective the best LCD TV out there for consumers do barely 2000 nits so this is 8 thousand more nits.

sony themselfs said they were going 18:9 for mirai. we'll see there is a high chance we will see a flagship at mwc.

edit: can we just give sony a round of applause for finally doing it right? Pre order 350 dollars on best buy with an actual working finger print scanner is finally here what a blessing. Took them forever but now people will want sony phones again and I would pick XA2 over any other cheap chinese budget phone any day.

Ok. Very cool!! Def sounds like a winner!

You mean 18:9 for the TVs or smartphones? Or both?? lol

Yes, applause is DEFINITELY in order! lol :L3000: I def think $350 is great considering what you're getting.

Jan 12, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #1,152 of 1,526
Ok. Very cool!! Def sounds like a winner!

You mean 18:9 for the TVs or smartphones? Or both?? lol

Yes, applause is DEFINITELY in order! lol :L3000: I def think $350 is great considering what you're getting.

their phones obviously.

yeah i read the first article before. they are definitely making a comeback not just in phones but in pretty much everything else although their biggest weakness has definitely been their phones.

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #1,153 of 1,526
their phones obviously.

yeah i read the first article before. they are definitely making a comeback not just in phones but in pretty much everything else although their biggest weakness has definitely been their phones.

What obviously. You could do 18:9 for TVs too can't you? lol

Yes for sure!! They need to make ALL their phones T-Mo VoLTE-compatible though. Not JUST the flagships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back