Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Apr 26, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #2,373 of 2,773
Quote:
8 months from now you might get a headband looking like this.... :frowning2:

The only way to avoid this issue, under non-modding conditions, is to not use them and get a new pair of headphones. >.>

How pictures of broken Shure are relevant to this discussion?
confused.gif

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #2,374 of 2,773
Quote:

The only way to avoid this issue, under non-modding conditions, is to not use them and get a new pair of headphones. >.>

What on earth are you talking about?. Just because it happened to a pair of shures why the hell would it happen to these? lol

Anyway, not getting rid of these, I actually love them. Best looking headphones in the market BY FAR. 
Quote:
^ that's what I was wondering.

Na uh. The creak is not coming from the swivel mounts on the headband, it's coming from the hinge that attaches the earcup it self to the holder; the half circle thing to which you connect the cable. It's just a matter of plastic rubbing on plastic, nothing drastic. I'd imagine that a bit of oil and some usage would wear the plastic out and reduce the noise.

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #2,375 of 2,773
Quote:
Quote:

What on earth are you talking about?. Just because it happened to a pair of shures why the hell would it happen to these? lol

Anyway, not getting rid of these, I actually love them. Best looking headphones in the market BY FAR. 
Quote:
^ that's what I was wondering.

Na uh. The creak is not coming from the swivel mounts on the headband, it's coming from the hinge that attaches the earcup it self to the holder; the half circle thing to which you connect the cable. It's just a matter of plastic rubbing on plastic, nothing drastic. I'd imagine that a bit of oil and some usage would wear the plastic out and reduce the noise.

Quote:
Quote:
8 months from now you might get a headband looking like this.... :frowning2:

How pictures of broken Shure are relevant to this discussion?
confused.gif

I was just saying the creaking could be a problem over time and break like the Shures. The same exact thing happened to the SRH940; starts off with light creaking, then eventually completely broke.

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #2,377 of 2,773
Quote:
Yeah shuman's right about the second part, but I think the m80s and black momentums look absolutely beautiful.

Momentums look like they're trying too hard, and personally I cannot stand V-Modas, sorry :p . They look way too flashy, gaudy and just overall trying even harder than the momentums. The earcup design reminds me of medieval armor, lol. The MDRs look understated and classy, I dig that. 

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #2,378 of 2,773
I like the 1rs look but... I think they're not trying hard enough lol. I also love the hd598s, but those black momentums man..

Funny thing is the 1rs have the best earcup adjusters. I'm sensitive to stuff like that. I hate beyerdynamic's dt770 for that.lol

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #2,379 of 2,773
Thanks for posting that mice blue. I've been debating about returning them before my 30 days. Its too bad, they sound great.

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #2,381 of 2,773
Quote:
Miceblue posted picture of broken Shure, different brand, different headband design, but you know that, right?

lol basically an off-topic, unrelated post.

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #2,382 of 2,773
Finally solved the creaking issue! As I thought it was just the hinge making noise. So I opened it up and with a toothpick applied very small amounts of vaseline to both the hinges. Put it back together and the creaking noise is gone! Also upon closer inspection those silicon rings that sony put there to reduce noise don't do anything at all.

Apr 29, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #2,384 of 2,773
I have scratches on the right swivel from transporting. (Not sure if it is called swivel, but the one on the right is where the jack goes in...) The swivels overlap in the bag and somewhere there must be something sharp...

Does anyone have the same problem? And if so, also a solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back