Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Nov 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #2,581 of 2,773
Hey you guys, I figured out a new solution to the jack rattle problem. This solution doesn't leave something weird on the end of your cord or fall off from disconnecting the cable. It is not visible when the cable is plugged in. I now have zero rattle coming from the jack!
If you look at the female part of the jack you will see a small gap in between the gold and the silver part of the jack. The noise is cause when the gold part gets loose and hits the silver part. All you have to do is get 2-3 small pieces of paper and push them into the crack. They do not need to go very far in. I had a long piece so that I had something to hold onto. Once I pushed it in I cut off every thing that was sticking out and tucked the remainder back with tweezers. If you are having a hard time pushing the paper into the crack, stiffer paper can help a lot since it doesn't buckle as easily.

Hope this helps!

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #2,582 of 2,773
yo. check it out. if you guys are looking to get a sony mdr-1r, amazon has em going for $195ish. pretty nice price point. the cheapest I have ever found these headphones over the past 2 years was $188ish.

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #2,584 of 2,773
I purchased my pair about two months ago, and I don't have the rattle problem. I could just be lucky of course.

Dec 2, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #2,587 of 2,773
i'm wondering if the cable is sold seperately. I have a mdr-1rbt and the cable that comes with it is just pathetic (and let's not forget sans mic+volume control).

UI was expecting to get a thick cable like the mdr1r has.

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #2,588 of 2,773
Bought mdr-1r mk2 silver color today. Got it at a good price as my friend work in sony shop. Really love the sound produce. Still new in this so not much of pro review that I can give. Just say it sound the way I want it. Crisp clear sound

Quality is good, and it fits my onto ear nicely and comfort too.

Dec 29, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #2,589 of 2,773
Bought mdr-1r mk2 silver color today. Got it at a good price as my friend work in sony shop. Really love the sound produce. Still new in this so not much of pro review that I can give. Just say it sound the way I want it. Crisp clear sound

Quality is good, and it fits my onto ear nicely and comfort too.

Can you give more details? Maybe compare it to the original if you own it?

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #2,591 of 2,773
I sold my 1Rs a long time ago and bought some XB1000s as I thought the 1R doesn't have enough bass kick.

Dec 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #2,593 of 2,773
I thought the MDR 1Rs had a very slight bass emphasis, whereas the 1000s have a huge sub bass and bangin' mid bass.

Dec 31, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #2,594 of 2,773
Hi guys,

Today i sold my 3rd pair of over ear momentums because i coild not get a good fit with any of the 3.... :'( o really loved their sound but unfortunately their seal\fit issues made me forgot to enjoy the music....

I a! Now on the hunt for a neu pait.... I listen mostly to pop, rock and edm and i have 67 mm ears.

Right now i have a pair of cals! And as i said before i just sold momentums, soooo.... What will i win over the cals and over the momentums if i buy the 1rs? Can anyone make a 1r, cal! And momentum comparison please?

Cheers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back