Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones
Apr 10, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #1,698 of 1,768
  Amazon Canada was having a lightning deal on these and I ordered a black pair. Damn hype got the better of me. I am coming back with pitchforks if they suck LOL

Edit: @waynes world hey bud you have a pair of these right? How are they keeping on

Well, they certainly don't suck! Whether or not you like them though is another thing lol, as their SQ may not be for everyone.

They have a nice, non-fatiguing sound: the bass is there, but it's not too punchy. The highs are there, but toned down a bit. A very nice, non-aggressive sound that can be listened to for hours. Oh, and they are very light and comfortable.

Let us know what you think!

Apr 12, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #1,699 of 1,768

Well, they certainly don't suck! Whether or not you like them though is another thing lol, as their SQ may not be for everyone.

They have a nice, non-fatiguing sound: the bass is there, but it's not too punchy. The highs are there, but toned down a bit. A very nice, non-aggressive sound that can be listened to for hours. Oh, and they are very light and comfortable.

Let us know what you think!

Had them for a bit now and I think I am starting to warm up to them. My initial gut reaction was to return them. Something felt a little off but the more I use it, the more I like how comfortable it is. The most comfortable headphone I have worn is the Sony MDR MA900. Not surprised that this sony headphone is comfortable as well.

I like how portable it is and and how light it feels. 

Sound wise I would describe it as philadelphia light cream cheese. Very airy and light sounding. Honestly it is very much like a full size version of the Havi B3 Pro 1 in many ways but the midrange is lacking unlike the havi, lacks body for my tastes. The bass is the weakest point in my opinion - the sub bass especially. Lacks depth and finesse and punch. I miss the sub bass rumble of the Meze 99 classics but for all its faults, it has a certain Je ne sais quois? I find myself reaching for it time and time again. On the train, at home etc. Sound is not perfect and it has noticeable faults and the build quality is not as sturdy as I would have expected. 

Despite all that, I still enjoy it. I can't explain what it is that keeps drawing me back but there you go. I am pretty sure I will keeping it, but I got my eye on the new Vmoda CF wireless 2. I dont care about the wireless functionality, I just want a good wired headphone so I might get that and compare them both. 

IMO if someone wants a no fuss headphone that looks stylish, sounds good with most genres and is relatively affordable, you can do a LOT worse than the Sony H,ear on. 

Apr 15, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #1,701 of 1,768
I have both the nc wireless and the cabled. I will not call them the wireless version as even though they look the same they are very different in both sound and feel. The nc version is much heavier (but still comfortable) and warmer. Saying that i like both very much.

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #1,702 of 1,768
So, I got a pair of these used recently (for far less than the new price) and I'm really enjoying them. They have a good, natural sound that makes long-term listening a real pleasure and between that and the design of cups and the headband, you can almost forget that you're wearing headphones after a few minutes. None of the common criticisms I've seen online really seem to hold water: the "fuzziness" that so many people seem to describe is nowhere to be found and there's plenty of bass to be had -- as long as the original recording had bass to begin with. While there may be better headphones available for the price of a new pair at full MSRP, there are also many that are far worse at a higher price (looking at you here, Beats) and if you can find a used pair (or buy from Newegg, where they sell for only $120), they can't be beat.

May 22, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #1,703 of 1,768
Has anyone noticed the 'non-branded box" version of these?..

They are selling for dirt cheap on fleabay so I had to order and try.
20170522_184828.png
Worst case scenario is I end up using the shell for transplant headphones.
: p

Jul 12, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #1,707 of 1,768
Has anyone noticed the 'non-branded box" version of these?..

They are selling for dirt cheap on fleabay so I had to order and try.

Worst case scenario is I end up using the shell for transplant headphones.
: p

Did you ever get these? What did you think?

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,709 of 1,768
I am not sure its correct. It has a different connection to the headphones than MDR1A. I have both so i know. I can check when i get home and let you know if even though the connections are different its still working.

take look

you can use 1A cable on 100AAP but you can't do it vice versa

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #1,710 of 1,768
Did you ever get these? What did you think?

Yes I received before seller dissapear and they are completely fake cheap garbage knock off in wrong color ..
ordered black and got this white that looks like it was made by a 3d printer lol !

Anyways it made a nice gift to my niece she likes them ha.
They sound decent but not better thanna $25 headphones lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back