sony ex70 for exercise???
May 26, 2002 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

jlo mein

In some place that's not Canada ....the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
i just got the ex70 yesterday...i must say that (sound quality aside, havent burnt them in yet) they are pretty decent....fair isolation, good comfort, pretty damn portable...

my only gripe is that ppl say they use they for exercise....im like what??? when i'm wearing these, the thing that annoys me the most is that i can hear my breathing, AND ITS DAMN LOUD!

when you exercise and use these, doesnt your breathing drown out the sound??

just wondering...

May 26, 2002 at 5:14 AM Post #2 of 17
Quote:

when you exercise and use these, doesnt your breathing drown out the sound??

i never noticed it with mine, and i bike with them on. maybe you should try a different sized tip?

May 26, 2002 at 5:40 AM Post #3 of 17
jlo mein: Definitely, you can hear your own breathing emphasized with the EX70s. This happens to me every time I put mine on. As far as I know, there's no way around this. Redshifter says that he doesn't experience this, and he recommends that you switch ear plug sizes, but it may just be a case of him using too small of a size and not getting the internal breathing noise because of the improper size and seal.

May 26, 2002 at 7:38 AM Post #4 of 17
Sounds like you have a microphone effect problem with the EX70's. My EX70's kinda have this problem where my foot steps, wire rubbing, or breathing noises are exagerrated. I think this is caused by the deep insertion of the ear tips into the ear canal.

There is no real way to get around this problem. You might be able to minimize this problem with a shallow insertion, but you may lose the bass response and isolation.

The other solution is to buy some other light weight and small head phones or get the normal ear buds that don't stick deep into the ear canal.

May 26, 2002 at 10:33 AM Post #6 of 17
Yeah, you'll get used to it... this effect is much less with the EX70 than with the etys, after all...
wink.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 26, 2002 at 7:36 PM Post #7 of 17
ya...already i'm trying to get used to it....i like these headphones too much to give them up...
biggrin.gif

theyre so damn comfortable....i just love wearing these things...plus i like having ear bud sized phones again for portable use since its so easy to lug them around, instead of my koss 50's...

isolation is great too....i could never before listen to music on the bus since the koss 50's let all sound in and out....but the ex70's are perfect...

burned them in for about 2 days now (holding back on mods til fully burnt in), the sound is really opening up...at first the bass was all over the place and the highs were really scratchy. Now mids are coming through, bass is starting to fall in place (still boomy though), and highs are becoming more accurate...overall sound is ok, not as good as my 50's, but pretty good...

May 26, 2002 at 8:21 PM Post #8 of 17
try the tape mod (put tape on the three holes) and stuff foam in the tube, this makes the sound much better, less boominess, and less shrillness

May 26, 2002 at 8:28 PM Post #9 of 17
yeah, i loved my ex70s to death until i accidentaly broke em
frown.gif
. so comfortable and portable. oh well, hopefully if i get the freebies from headroom for volunteering i can get some etys, probably the er6. er4 if i get the money....
smily_headphones1.gif

but dont get me wrong, the ex70 is pretty tough.... very tough.

May 27, 2002 at 3:33 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Redshifter says that he doesn't experience this, and he recommends that you switch ear plug sizes, but it may just be a case of him using too small of a size and not getting the internal breathing noise because of the improper size and seal.

rolleyes.gif

unlikely. i've tried all three tips and use the mid sized one, and get a good seal. being an ety user i know all about the mystery of the seal.

i remember when i was getting allergies i noticed i could hear my wheezing when i wore the ex70, but i must normally be a quiet breather because it has never bothered me otherwise.

with the er-6 sometimes my breathing gets louder than the music.

if your breathing is bothering you i suggest you turn the music way up, or hold your breath.
wink.gif

Quote:

yep, on the seattle tour . i cant wait!

what seatlle tour?

May 27, 2002 at 2:43 PM Post #15 of 17
You have one pair of EX70. Do you want to try the tape mod and foam mod, OR the EQ mod? You can only choose one...
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back