Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Aug 15, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #3,334 of 4,748
^
Null Audio can build you that cable. I ordered a balance for EX1000 but don't have it yet. All my other cables from them have been exceptional.

Aug 15, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #3,335 of 4,748

I have checked the web and I can't select EX1000 in the cables. The balanced 4,4 mm conector doesn't appears in the selection process at all. Are you sure they build them?

^
Null Audio can build you that cable. I ordered a balance for EX1000 but don't have it yet. All my other cables from them have been exceptional.

Thank you? Can you post a photo of the balanced conector please? I don't see any photo in the Null Audio web. The cables seems well built. What version do you have, copper or silver?

Aug 15, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #3,336 of 4,748
I have checked the web and I can't select EX1000 in the cables. The balanced 4,4 mm conector doesn't appears in the selection process at all. Are you sure they build them?

Thank you? Can you post a photo of the balanced conector please? I don't see any photo in the Null Audio web. The cables seems well built. What version do you have, copper or silver?
Forza built me a 4.4mm balanced cable for EX1000, but due to a mix up with their supplier the connectors didn't fit. I sent the cable back for the correct connectors to be fitted and am waiting for them to be returned to me.

Third-party connectors for the EX1000 can be problematic. Another member here bought a Plussound cable for the EX1000 and those connectors were no good. The only working 4.4mm balanced cable I've got that works is the stock cable re-terminated in 4.4mm balanced. I bought that off another member here. It's well worth going to balanced though, the increase in detail and separation was huge.

I'm going to be selling all of my headphone gear soon, so that will be up for sale too.

Aug 15, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #3,337 of 4,748

I use 2.5mm Balanced. I didn't see a pic of the 4.4mm they use on their DIY page. Perhaps send them an email using their contact info. Su is a good guy and will respond within a couple of days (they state 48 hours on their site).

Aug 15, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #3,338 of 4,748

I was pretty sure but now I'm not. You can buy connectors here - http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=5393 and 4.4 mm plug and find some local cable diy'er, like I did

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #3,341 of 4,748
Just snatched myself a mint pair for 245€. Super positive first impressions. I like 'em so much that my FLC8s will get relegated to outdoor use only.

Aug 23, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #3,345 of 4,748
^
Afaik (and I believe it's been mentioned in this thread) US version does not include short cable & the supplied cable is not as nice as Japan model release. I ordered mine thru eBay from Japan Quite happy with the cable(s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back