Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Aug 9, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #4,531 of 4,748
I got brave and dissected one of my older EX1000 cables today so as to use the connector on a new balanced cable setup and it turned out way better than expected. The cable is a PW silver-gold cable and extends the bass brilliantly... and I almost hate to say it but am finding I like the audio coming out of the EX1000s as much as or maybe more than my Z1Rs... :scream:

On the left are stock cables and on the right is my handiwork.

ex1000cabling.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #4,532 of 4,748
I got brave and dissected one of my older EX1000 cables today so as to use the connector on a new balanced cable setup and it turned out way better than expected. The cable is a PW silver-gold cable and extends the bass brilliantly... and I almost hate to say it but am finding I like the audio coming out of the EX1000s as much as or maybe more than my Z1Rs... :scream:

On the left are stock cables and on the right is my handiwork.

ex1000cabling.jpg
I was able to extend the bass and smooth out the treble textures by going with Litz Copper UPOCC and extracted stock connectors!!!
I also agreed that I may like the ex1k more than Z1R as it is more neutral with the cohesiveness of single DD

Aug 9, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #4,533 of 4,748
I was able to extend the bass and smooth out the treble textures by going with Litz Copper UPOCC and extracted stock connectors!!!
I also agreed that I may like the ex1k more than Z1R as it is more neutral with the cohesiveness of single DD

It's interesting how well these old IEMs are scaling up to today's DAPs level of performance with some minimal tweaks to the cabling. I have some litz copper upocc cables as well (cable tree below lol) and will also give those a try when my mmcx adapters arrive. Looking at eBay for spares, the EX1000s might be the best bargain in the IEM space today!

I haven't' read this huge thread but am not sure if others might have tried already, but I find that the Sony triple comfort tips work great with the EX1000s.

Attachments

• cabletree.jpg
    cabletree.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Aug 9, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #4,534 of 4,748
It's interesting how well these old IEMs are scaling up to today's DAPs level of performance with some minimal tweaks to the cabling. I have some litz copper upocc cables as well (cable tree below lol) and will also give those a try when my mmcx adapters arrive. Looking at eBay for spares, the EX1000s might be the best bargain in the IEM space today!

I haven't' read this huge thread but am not sure if others might have tried already, but I find that the Sony triple comfort tips work great with the EX1000s.
Try these out
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BR8HQ4F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aug 19, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #4,540 of 4,748
I thought about it. Is it a significant downgrade from the Wm1a in sound quality? Anyone with experience with both?
No, and I did. I know that people is willingly and expecting that Dx1600 is a lower level to Walkman. All I can tell you is that you better listen to it and try it first. In the case of dx160, I suggest this apply “don’t judge the book by it covers, or don’t judge a dap by it price point”

The problems I see people post up here and there is that dx160 May have wireless connections problems, and it is random. I don’t have it. But I suggest buying it from authorized dealer to easily trade just in case

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #4,541 of 4,748
No, and I did. I know that people is willingly and expecting that Dx1600 is a lower level to Walkman. All I can tell you is that you better listen to it and try it first. In the case of dx160, I suggest this apply “don’t judge the book by it covers, or don’t judge a dap by it price point”

The problems I see people post up here and there is that dx160 May have wireless connections problems, and it is random. I don’t have it. But I suggest buying it from authorized dealer to easily trade just in case
Thank you for the info! Appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back