SONY D25s PDCP New Old Stock
Apr 25, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #61 of 79
I am shocked at the amount of volume coming out of the headphone jack. Is it true Ken what is being said, that the line out will not take the sound up a notch? When will the Power Box become available? Will it be a logical addition for a Road Warrior, or will there be an alternative? Thanks.

May 14, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #62 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shumani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am shocked at the amount of volume coming out of the headphone jack. Is it true Ken what is being said, that the line out will not take the sound up a notch? When will the Power Box become available? Will it be a logical addition for a Road Warrior, or will there be an alternative? Thanks.

Hi Shumani,

I guess I am a bit confused by the first part of the question. The line out is a level line out signal and or course is intended to be amplified - to eleven!

The power box is quite large and is in no way "portable" transportable yes. On that note I am having a fair number of replacement batteries made for me ! So I will have a supply of the batteries that will send your D25s on the road again.

Cheers

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 16, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #64 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shumani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry. I am looking at best quality of sound, and which is the best approach with the unit. So up a notch refers to quality of sound comparison vs. volume.

Just like the iPod, the D25 line out bypasses the headphone amplifier and volume control (and other signal processing curcuitry), so using line out will provide higher quality audio with a lower noise floor. I use the D25 line out to an external amp, audio quality is superb, however the signal level is somewhat lower than my full sized CD transport. As a portable player for travel to listen to newly purchased CDs, (with headphone amp like Pico), without having to transfer to iPod, it's about the best I've found.:.

May 30, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #65 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Shumani,

I guess I am a bit confused by the first part of the question. The line out is a level line out signal and or course is intended to be amplified - to eleven!

The power box is quite large and is in no way "portable" transportable yes. On that note I am having a fair number of replacement batteries made for me ! So I will have a supply of the batteries that will send your D25s on the road again.

Cheers

Ken

[size=medium]
Kind Sir,

If I may ask, how long those the replacement batteries last in the D25S for portable play?[/size]

May 31, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #66 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=medium]
Kind Sir,

If I may ask, how long those the replacement batteries last in the D25S for portable play?[/size]

I was getting about 3 hours or so on mine.

May 31, 2008 at 7:19 AM Post #67 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[size=medium]That's not very much! Oh well, I am definitely interested in the SLA Power Box when it becomes available.
cool.gif
[/size]

May 31, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #68 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yeah they are not truly portable by any stretch of the imagination.

i get around 3.5hrs max.

i run mine nearly constantly off the mains!

i guess its a trade off, you get the great sound but the not so great battery technology.

May 31, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #69 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah they are not truly portable by any stretch of the imagination.

i get around 3.5hrs max.

i run mine nearly constantly off the mains!

i guess its a trade off, you get the great sound but the not so great battery technology.

[size=medium]
I really shouldn't complain. The compromises made to modern PCDP's to extend battery life also compromises the sound quality. The D25S with the SLA Power Box is really a transportable solution rather than a portable one. I have no problem living with that.
cool.gif
[/size]

Jun 1, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #70 of 79
We have finally completed our first run on the ALO SLA power supplies. I am listening to a D25s running of the SLA ---> Dared MP5 ---> Ultrasone E9 modded and the sound is just sick! amazing!!, I could not be more thrilled. I wish I had the time to make a whole bunch of these but sadly we only made a few arm fulls this run. I am doing some more testing
smily_headphones1.gif
and then will get them up on the website. Oh and I also have to make a bunch of power cables that come with the battery. This is just a DC power cable for your D25 to the battery. I can say that its a huge improvement over just plugging the D25 in the wall, super clean sounding, tight as a drum with more air and imaging.

For those who have email me about the SLA battery hold on almost there. If your interested please email me and I can get you on to a list.

On the replacement battery I am being told 4 to 6 weeks before I will have them
frown.gif

They are being made from scratch off shore.

thanks

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jun 29, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #72 of 79
Do the D-25's have an optical out?

Jun 29, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #73 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the D-25's have an optical out?

Just Line Out, Headphone Out plus Remote In and DC In. At least that's the case with the two that I own, one D25 and one D25S.:.

Sep 19, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #74 of 79
I am thinking on added the D-25s to my vintage system?
Wadda think?
I was going to go with a McIntosh MCD-7005 CD Player but I am having a hard time finding one that is in excellent shape.
I like the fact that the D25s in NOS.

46950006axv0.jpg

Sep 22, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #75 of 79
Go for the D-25s ! The ALU-color will fit in perfectly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back