Sony D25s BP-2X Replacement Battery!
Jul 12, 2008 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15
Good News!

The BP-2X Batteries are due in this week. I had these made special for ALO NEW and will be on the site ASAP for $35. These fit inside the D25s and are a direct replacement for the stock battery that works with the D25s.

Cheers

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jul 20, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good News!

The BP-2X Batteries are due in this week. I had these made special for ALO NEW and will be on the site ASAP for $35. These fit inside the D25s and are a direct replacement for the stock battery that works with the D25s.

Cheers

ken

They should also fit the D-303. Before I sold my D-25s I checked and my battery would work in either player, so I kept it for my D-303.

Jul 23, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #4 of 15
Ken, I really wish you had been in the business about 6 years ago. At the time I had an spotless D25 with the box and all the papers. I had gone through 2 additional batteries from Sony but they did not last for many charging cycles so I got fed up and through my D25 in the trash.
eek.gif
I feel lke a fool now.
redface.gif

Jul 25, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken, I really wish you had been in the business about 6 years ago. At the time I had an spotless D25 with the box and all the papers. I had gone through 2 additional batteries from Sony but they did not last for many charging cycles so I got fed up and through my D25 in the trash.
eek.gif
I feel lke a fool now.
redface.gif

Hey Mararroyo

Doh!

You mean your not a pack rat like I am? heh.

Me and an associate had these batteries made just for us, so it was a total custom run by the company overseas. I doubt that we will do this again so once these are gone that will most likely be it. Also they kind of raked us over the coals for the special build.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jul 26, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #6 of 15
Ken, I am a pack rat. However living in an small condo means somethings have to go to make room for newer toys. I even had the suspension platform w/ the flexible arm to mount in a car application.

Note: For those not there when the portable cd players first came out manufactureres had platforms to dampen the shock if you were to use a portable cd-player in a car. They also had flexible arms that one end was bolted to the car floor or tunnel and on the other end you attached the platform. The cd player was secured unto the platform w/ a set of latches. Man, have we come a long way!
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry guys to butt in, but does anyone in the thread have an answer for my post here?

Hi Bangraman

FWIW

These were contracted to be built by a battery manufacturing company. They sell them as a direct replacement for the Sony BP-2X. The Sony D-25 and D-555 as well as others have overcharge circuitry built into the players as they charge the battery. I have have a colleague who has been using these replacements for over a year now with no reported problems.

ken

Jul 31, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #10 of 15
Thanks for the reply, but that's the thing - I hear most people say "I've used it for a year without problems" strangely enough. How about longer?

And there is of course an overcharging protection built into the player, but my question was more whether the batteries were sufficiently protected by the overcharging circuitry as they use completely different chemistry.

Aug 1, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #11 of 15
I am not sure why "I've used it for a year without problems" isn't good enough for you? I have one that I have been using on and off for about 8 months, which is even less time than the other folks, so I can't help you. But if they last for a year without blowing up, plus many people have tried them, and they are now readily available, then I don't see why it would be a problem to buy one and try it out.

Aug 1, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not sure why "I've used it for a year without problems" isn't good enough for you? I have one that I have been using on and off for about 8 months, which is even less time than the other folks, so I can't help you. But if they last for a year without blowing up, plus many people have tried them, and they are now readily available, then I don't see why it would be a problem to buy one and try it out.

As I said, I have several and I'm talking about issues in longer-term use as well as whether the overcharging circuitry in the players is sufficient to protect the batteries. There are specifics to Li-Ion charging as far as I'm aware, and these batteries weren't in widespread use in the early 90's.

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #13 of 15
Hi Ken!

I hope you're still out there. I'm in communication with a technician who services old Discmen, including the D-555. I'm going to send mine in to fix the typical skipping problem and have the caps replaced (I'd just make it worse if I tried.) And of course I would love to have a working battery pack again for true portability. Is there any more info you could provide about those custom packs you had made? Are any still out in the wild? If not, do you think the company you found would make more?

Take it easy.

Wayne

Jun 26, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #15 of 15
Nice old thread.

Are there any BP-2x Sony batteries around? Anyone know?

I have a mint, basically new, D25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back