Sony D-NE920...optical output?
May 26, 2005 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RickG

Electrostatic Elvis
Does this model have an optical out?

I'll be using it primarily for redbook playback through a DAC and amp. (HeadRoom micro stack).

Any thoughts on the quality of this unit?

Thanks-

May 26, 2005 at 4:25 AM Post #3 of 6
That it does, and if it's like the other Sony D-NEs with optical outs, you don't have to do anything with the player either. Once you plug in that mini-optical jack, the player is smart enough to know that you're using optical out. Very nice and considerate, don't you think?

May 26, 2005 at 12:36 PM Post #4 of 6
I have D-NE900. Optical out recognizes automatically and works fine. My only gripe is that it is recessed so that a normal right-angle mini-toslink adaptor won't fit. You need a straight mini-toslink adaptor for your optical cable, which is not idea if you bag your portable rig.

May 26, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozniot
I have D-NE900. Optical out recognizes automatically and works fine. My only gripe is that it is recessed so that a normal right-angle mini-toslink adaptor won't fit. You need a straight mini-toslink adaptor for your optical cable, which is not idea if you bag your portable rig.

That isn't the case with the D-NE20/920. The plug in port in on the outside edge of the player and allows for use of right angled or straight plug ins.

May 26, 2005 at 10:56 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the information, guys. I've got a D-NE920 on the way!

B0007PO3HE.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back