Sony D-EJ2000 Reviews
Nov 9, 2002 at 5:06 AM Post #2 of 52
I don't know of anyone who has it here, but I do know that it has no line out and a low output headphone out. I'm sure it would be ok with a amp but I'm sure that it sound like crap without one.

Nov 10, 2002 at 12:05 PM Post #3 of 52
I'm getting mine monday or tuesday from audiocubes, but if has no line-out I'll sell it right away, but as it says MD-link on the official Sony pages I'm pretty sure It will have one of those shared optical/analog line-outs.

Nov 10, 2002 at 12:47 PM Post #4 of 52
hehehe, the latest top-end model of the new series from sony without a line-out?
biggrin.gif

the way the cd players are revolving to be cdmp3 players, the market is responding more on buying the latter units with mp3 playback compatibility. i may be wrong but this may be one of the last units of pcdp from sony and the evolution of the cj-0x generations.
linnem, please tell us your impressions right away. and i hope you don't mind me asking what other pcdp's you have to make comparisons (if you have any) or can you borrow some friends' pcdp? it's cool that you have the porta corda so you can do sound tests with and without it.
good luck.

Nov 10, 2002 at 1:30 PM Post #5 of 52
I have had the following players: d-ej725, d-ej815, d-ej925, d-cj01 and the pana sl-ct570.

The only one I still have is the 725 which I gave to my girlfriend so a comparison will be done with this.

I will sell my porta when I get the 2000 and buy something smaller. No point in having the worlds smallest CD and a "big" amp.

-No way the d-ej2000 has no line-out.

Nov 10, 2002 at 1:35 PM Post #6 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by linnem
-No way the d-ej2000 has no line-out.

lol. when i said my first sentence, i was trying to be sarcastic(forgive me people). you bet it will come with a line-out. if there isn't, it's like sony shot themselves on the foot.

cool, you have the 725 for comparison. we're waiting, we're waiting, we're waiting.
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2002 at 1:40 PM Post #7 of 52
If it gets nicked in costums it will take another week of paperwork to get it...(fingers crossed).

Nov 12, 2002 at 11:54 AM Post #10 of 52
It's here...I have it in my hands. Sure is beautiful, but made in Malaysia not Japan : (

I'm willing to bet my left testical that the bottom is made of plastic even if it says both faces magnesium on the (small) box.

Looks cool!

Will post more later...

Nov 13, 2002 at 1:28 AM Post #11 of 52
Linnem,
We want your impression now!!! thanks!!

Purk

Nov 13, 2002 at 11:57 AM Post #14 of 52
Cool it now...

PRO's:

Beautiful design & finish.
Sooo small.
Head-out performs well up to 60 % power or so.
Drives low imp cans to ok volume.
You can use ALL your headphones on the new remote (plug goes in at top).
Has optical/analog line-out.
%¤#&! pretty.

Con's:

External AA-batt. holder is twice as thick as player. Designer must be mad.
Ext. power plug on oppsit side of lineout/headout. Makes the player wider.
Head-out heavy distortion at high levels.
Designer of carrying pouch is the same guy who designed the AA-holder. Must get a good carrying case as finish probably scratches easily.
Not made in Japan.

I only tested it with my AT's that came in the same shipment so they were not broken in at all. Head-out surprised me.

Will add more later.

Nov 13, 2002 at 11:58 AM Post #15 of 52
I might have to retract the testicle bit...(not sure yet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back