Sony D-EJ1000 up to scratch or not worth the scratch
Aug 26, 2002 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jfalford

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a good portable player with a line out to serve additionally as a home based listening unit. Any thoughts. Good shock protection would be a plus but not if it degrades the sound.

Aug 26, 2002 at 4:35 PM Post #2 of 8
If you don't care about battery life, older sony models are an option for you. You can get them off ebay for cheaper then a new portable.

Biggie.

Aug 26, 2002 at 7:37 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks Biggie, I have long appreciated good sound in my main system at home (Meridian, Adcom, and Magnapan) but I am relatively new at trying to achieve sounds worth listening to on my portable system. If decent sound can produced for less money I am all for that.

Aug 26, 2002 at 7:49 PM Post #4 of 8
I just saw one of these beauts today in person at the Sony store... Damn, they're so small. If you're not gonna be using the headphone out, I'd say go for it. It's just so damn cool. Makes my 570 look fat and ugly.

Aug 27, 2002 at 12:30 AM Post #6 of 8
Basically, all recent Sony PCDP's have **** headphone amp circuits, but they're line outs are top-notch.

Aug 27, 2002 at 1:21 AM Post #7 of 8
Thanks,Fiddler that's useful information. For extreme portability though, who does make a servicable headphone out. After all there are times when all you want to carry around is the player.

Aug 27, 2002 at 2:48 AM Post #8 of 8
Try to find the Panasonic SL-CT570 I mentioned earlier. I'm sure some places still have them new. It's an overall good PCDP. Good headphone out, good line out, decent battery life, good build quality, and the choice of high-quality uncompressed 10 second antishock or 40 second compressed antishock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back