Sony D-25s PCDP: Does it need the battery?
Mar 12, 2002 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Gallaine

100+ Head-Fier
I haven't been able to find a satisfactory to my question. Is the rechargeable battery required for the D-25s to power-up even if I am using the AC Adpator? I bought the Radio Shack 9V 800mA adaptor and the unit doesn't power-up. I would hate to purchase the battery at, what I have been told, would be ~$40 only to discover the unit just doesn't work if I don't need to.

Mar 12, 2002 at 7:21 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by Gallaine
I haven't been able to find a satisfactory to my question. Is the rechargeable battery required for the D-25s to power-up even if I am using the AC Adpator? I bought the Radio Shack 9V 800mA adaptor and the unit doesn't power-up. I would hate to purchase the battery at, what I have been told, would be ~$40 only to discover the unit just doesn't work if I don't need to.

You probably have the polarity of the adapter set backwards. Take the end off and turn it the opposite way. The player works fine without a battery.

Mar 13, 2002 at 4:15 PM Post #3 of 4
Russ is correct.

I had the same problem with my D-25S when I got it and was certain that I had put the adapta-plug on correctly. On a lark, I reversed the polarity of the plug and - bingo! - the D-25s powered right up as soon as I hit the play button.

The polarity on the adapta-plug is counter-intuitive. Reverse the way you have the plug attached now and I'm pretty confident your player will start right up.

Let us know if it works or not.

Mar 14, 2002 at 1:41 AM Post #4 of 4
I tried reversing the plug and that didn't work; though I honestly hadn't even stopped to think about it until Russ' suggestion. The problem was the plug itself. It seems that although it fit it wasn't the right one. I went to RS and got the "M" adapta-plug and bingo, it powered up! Thanks for the suggestions though - it got me to examine the plug itself more closely...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back