Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Jan 20, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #1,938 of 2,541
I just scored another pair of mh750s. Was very skeptical they were real as they have a straight jack but the seller said they came with a Sony phone so... Anyway the solder looks slightly different to the two other pairs i have,not dot, more an undefined mess, the driver also came lose when popped the back off, the white mesh on the barrel is wider. They sound fine, the same as my other pairs and they were about $2 so i'm calling it a win :)

Point of posting is to show there seems to be quite a bit of variation with these.

Attachments

• IMG_20210121_155233.jpg
    IMG_20210121_155233.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jan 20, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #1,939 of 2,541
I have a pair of MMCX modded MH755's but I am not happy with the mmcx cable I bought for it (NiceHCK c16-3) as it's too bulky.

Does anyone have any good cable recommendations?

Try removing the plastic earhook if your has one, but generally a thin cable without any sort of molded hook or memory wire is more comfortable over ear.

Jan 21, 2021 at 1:37 AM Post #1,942 of 2,541
I just scored another pair of mh750s. Was very skeptical they were real as they have a straight jack but the seller said they came with a Sony phone so... Anyway the solder looks slightly different to the two other pairs i have,not dot, more an undefined mess, the driver also came lose when popped the back off, the white mesh on the barrel is wider. They sound fine, the same as my other pairs and they were about $2 so i'm calling it a win :)

Point of posting is to show there seems to be quite a bit of variation with these.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that looks 101% Fake !!

Jan 21, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #1,943 of 2,541
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that looks 101% Fake !!
I'm not married to my bubble at all, they sound right though. What makes you say that? I did pop the backs again and there certainly are differences between these and my other pairs. Most notably the width of the green area where the vent is.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #1,945 of 2,541

Those are counterfeit

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #1,947 of 2,541
Oh man, finally a thread where i can talk about my latest addition, so I’m trying to collect old sony headphones, so far got a pair of used ex500 (man, those were soooo good) ex800st and ex1000 of course, z5, n3ap, my latest addition were a pair of used xb55ap which were mint though open box, i learnt from the ex800 to remove the black little o rings, the ex800 had them hidden, the xb55 were right there, the difference was night and day, from bloated, dark, messy and truly awful, to DAMN GOOD SOUNDSTAGE, great mids, a wee colored tbh, but nevertheless a great pair for the 35 dlls that i paid, ordered the 75ap from amazon japan for like 50 usd (shipping included)

Got as well a pair of xb90ex but the right speaker was busted, i was so enraged, want to send it back to amazon (japan) but i think ill spend more in shipping than what ill get back :frowning2: looking to get ex600, ex700, ex510, mh755 and other rarities this year. It’s just a collection thing. I really fell in love with the ex800 and ex1000. Massive dd’s are fun.

Jan 26, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #1,948 of 2,541
Just wanted to drop by and say I just got my first mh750's and I have to say, I am impressed so far. For the price I am amazed! I will add more formal impressions later, but I am happy.

Jan 27, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #1,950 of 2,541
Which seller?
Amazon, from the local SLC warehouse. Took a chance, got lucky. From everything I read and from what I can see and hear, these are legit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back