Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Nov 18, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #1,742 of 2,541
How's the SBH 24 itself?

IMG_20201119_114037481.jpg

It's a pretty basic receiver. Only supports SBC (not even apt-X). Connection stability is good though, as would be expected from Sony. The construction is entirely plastic and it is lightweight enough not to drag on the hem of one's shirt. Type-C charging is a plus, as is one-touch pairing. Had fun running it out of the ZX300 for irony last night :wink:

Nov 19, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #1,743 of 2,541
The MH755 is really stunningly good though. Within 5 minutes of listening it had already set me thinking, "so this is what the fuss was all about". Not the most technical set, obviously, and the treble is fairly rolled off, but the bass is tight, the timbre is right, it fits deeply in just about any ear, and because of that its isolation has been fantastic. The CCA woodies have a tough act to follow.

Nov 19, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #1,744 of 2,541
The MH755 is really stunningly good though. Within 5 minutes of listening it had already set me thinking, "so this is what the fuss was all about". Not the most technical set, obviously, and the treble is fairly rolled off, but the bass is tight, the timbre is right, it fits deeply in just about any ear, and because of that its isolation has been fantastic. The CCA woodies have a tough act to follow.
Awesome, so glad you are won over with the centre vent drivers of the MH750/755, there are still some naysayers that still feel the side vent drivers of Mfg 2013/14 MH750s & 755s are the Best :)

Always keeps me scratching my head when I do A/B testing with the 2 Era :)

Nov 21, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #1,747 of 2,541
Also ordered mine last week. Waiting for them to arrive. Do you have the mh750/755? If so can you compare both?
I ordered form same seller as @vygas wrote in his post some ten days ago (thanks man :wink:. Seller's name on ebay.co.uk is xccessorydeals. Price is about $10 with shipping to my location and I think it is more than great deal for this awesome earphones.
If you guys need more he does have multiple listings of them, this one says he has 8 more available :

He seems to list them 10 per listing, kind of odd but there might be an eBay reason for it. Either way, glad you liked your pair of them @ShaneyMac, there used to be a seller for black ones that sold for like 5GBP each too but that listing disappeared a while ago (though there is a German listing in the spoiler below that sells black ones, haven't personally bought from him but it might be worth a shot). They're some great IEMs and personally one of my favourites, though as someone said earlier their in-line standard requires a short extension (or a converter). Glad I could help you guys out with getting a pair though.

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #1,748 of 2,541
My set arrived yesterday from xccessorydeals. At first listen (i still haven’t made a true comparison) they are more “veiled” than the mh750/755. The highs are not as sparkly as the mh750 but for some reason they sound more natural if that makes sense. I think instrument separation is bigger on the mh1. Keep in mind that my mh755 are mmcx modded.

Nov 22, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #1,749 of 2,541
My set arrived yesterday from xccessorydeals. At first listen (i still haven’t made a true comparison) they are more “veiled” than the mh750/755. The highs are not as sparkly as the mh750 but for some reason they sound more natural if that makes sense. I think instrument separation is bigger on the mh1. Keep in mind that my mh755 are mmcx modded.

Below is the FR graphical description from Sony representatives in comparison of the MH750/755 with the MH1/C FYI

As quoted by @Sead
most part of the midrange is similar but there are some differences at the lower and upper range. Subbass is slightly higher, while treble roll offs somewhat earlier. So compared to the MH1, overall sound signature of the MH750 can be perceived as slightly darker... further, as there is less energy at the top-end in combination with some more presence in mid-treble will lead to impression of some small treble coloration, and less overall detail compared to MH1.
s-l640.png

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 1:36 AM Post #1,750 of 2,541
Below is the FR graphical description from Sony representatives in comparison of the MH750/755 with the MH1/C FYI

As quoted by @Sead
most part of the midrange is similar but there are some differences at the lower and upper range. Subbass is slightly higher, while treble roll offs somewhat earlier. So compared to the MH1, overall sound signature of the MH750 can be perceived as slightly darker... further, as there is less energy at the top-end in combination with some more presence in mid-treble will lead to impression of some small treble coloration, and less overall detail compared to MH1.
s-l640.png
So basically, nothing like it. Got it.

Nov 22, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #1,751 of 2,541
So basically, nothing like it. Got it.
IMHO their SS sounds almost identical, not significant enough for me to do a rebuy, also it wears poorly for me, due to its tip, which is designed for shallow insertion (earphones always falling out of my ear canal), early days when I owned both, I always choose my MH750 over the MH1

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #1,752 of 2,541
IMHO their SS sounds almost identical, not significant enough for me to do a rebuy, also it wears poorly for me, due to its tip, which is designed for shallow insertion (earphones always falling out of my ear canal), early days when I owned both, I always choose my MH750 over the MH1
Okay. You may be confused about tips. We all have different ears BUT:
MH755 mediums tips don't work for me but - ML AZLA SendaEarfitLights do.
I haven't mentioned that recently, but that's what I use. It makes a *huge* difference for my ears.
Basically, try different sizes of good eartips.

Nov 22, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #1,753 of 2,541
Okay. You may be confused about tips. We all have different ears BUT:
MH755 mediums tips don't work for me but - ML AZLA SendaEarfitLights do.
I haven't mentioned that recently, but that's what I use. It makes a *huge* difference for my ears.
Basically, try different sizes of good eartips.
haha I mean earphone nozzle tips, not the silicon tips I have many variations and also did rolling too, to no avail

Might also be the weight of the metal shells being a bit "unbalanced" , which may be why they fall out so easily, but yes the ears are different for everyone and as such, different experiences apply :)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #1,755 of 2,541

As quoted by @Sead
s-l640.png

So completely the opposite of my impressions. Maybe @vygas, @Slater or @ShaneyMac can give their impressions since they bought from the same seller as me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back