Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Dec 29, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #1,022 of 2,541
Cut out the middle man and buy from the modder for $38 on eBay, but that as cheap as your going to get. You would be better off buying one and modding it yourself. That would put the cost down to $20 or so unless you have an extra cable around already.

Personally the short cable is trash. Super microphonic and tangly. The J cable is also pretty annoying.

Dec 29, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #1,023 of 2,541
$45? ehm I think I'll go with the short cable...

I can guarantee you that you won't be able to tolerate the short cable, unless you sleep in them and don't move around at all. The cable is stiff, super short, and incredibly microphonic. The absolute worst cable I have ever experienced on an earphone.

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #1,024 of 2,541
$45? ehm I think I'll go with the short cable...
Just get a DIY cable, a soldering iron and do it yourself. Cost if you have the iron is under ten bucks.

Dec 30, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #1,026 of 2,541
Dec 30, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #1,028 of 2,541
Not even the longer MH750 is acceptable?

When you use the search this thread box, you find the tuning is different

@-sandro- The MH750 is more bass-heavy than the MH755 (which already has an elevated bass as a "harman" tuned IEM). Yes, the cable length is acceptable, but it is still a J cable, which some find objectionable. Worse, is that it is still the same cable material as the MH755 and therefore stiff and very microphonic. I, personally, find it too bass forward for most listening.

Jan 2, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #1,029 of 2,541
got lucky today from a local electronic shop

mh750 & mh1

748AB46F-3611-4989-BB48-FE311E548022.jpeg

Jan 2, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #1,033 of 2,541
Do you happen to know or have checked to see if this shop was an authorized Sony dealer?
didnt ask or think of it as i was excited to buy these last stock i found in the corner of display cabinet, they selling other sony old headphones, audio video equipments, audio accessories. but im sure these are legits, never been opened. got some manuals inside. manuals included on mh1 are printed by Sony Erricson.

Jan 10, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #1,035 of 2,541
You can't tell it just from pictures in the case of MH750 and MH55. There are better fakes day by day.

I ordered EO-IG955 and they looked real, no flaws at all but crap sound with 1 DD. I ordered one on amazon.de as well and got the real thing, but with distorted sound so i sended them back. When you got the real thing you know by touch are they real or not. In EO-IG955 case, cable is rubber as well as inside shell of the driver and they feel more premium overall.

In SONY case as far as i know ALL MH1 (MH1C) are ORIGINAL. There are no fakes around. When you hold them you can feel that the cable as well as a driver is premium. Problem with MH1 is that are so many bad units, just like EO-IG955. Oluv and few others didn't mentioned this but trust me. I got like 5-6 pairs and they all sounded like BASSY MESS. Even after a few mods they didn't sound really good. Today i got first good pair and i can tell you that they are amazing and i need to mention that i payed it just 5,90e :D.

In the case of MH750 and MH755 you just can't. If you want my advice just go with ebay and amazon. If you'r buying from amazon try to pick amazon as a seller and if you buy from ebay you should go with the best review-s. In any case if you get a fake you can get your money back. You will spend a buck or 2 more then on aliexpress or similar, but if you get a fake it's easier to get your money back.
All MH755 i got from ebay.de ware original and sounded really good. It's not a lottery like with the others and they are louder then MH1.

If you wan't my opinion, they do not sound as good as MH1 but from 5 pairs i got i could use all 5. From 7 pair-s MH1 i got, i could lisen to 1. All others are just junk, even after mods.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back