Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Dec 12, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #992 of 2,541
Glad you like it.... If you are allowed only one IEM, will that be MH755?

My choice would be the IER-M9, but that’s not a fair comparison. I haven’t heard/owned very many budget IEM’s but out of the ones I have, I would rank MH755 3rd. MH1C & Blon bl-03 would be 1st & 2nd respectively. I’d choose MH755 over KZ ZSX & Tin HiFi T4

Dec 13, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #994 of 2,541
Anyone here considered MH755 endgame?

blessed be those whom considered the MH755. they're sure would have a thicker wallet than other "cumpulsive buyer" Headfi-ers (like me) here :o2smile:

Dec 13, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #995 of 2,541
Endgame????? :disappointed: Someone is smoking the good stuff!

Two words that should be banned on all audio forums.....endgame....and....best! :smiley:

Well that will happen sooner or later, you will start loosening interest on gears and start exploring music more.

As i said only problem with MH755 is, it lack soundstage, otherwise it's perfect for my need.

Did try many IEM's either had problems with isolation or SQ

MH755 has decent SQ and Isolation, and moreover i am not afraid of losing my IEM anymore.

MH755 isn't going anywhere soon.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #996 of 2,541
IXcXYVR.jpg

Just finished these bad boys up, great stocking stuffers for my friends!

Dec 13, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #998 of 2,541
Dec 13, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #1,001 of 2,541
Dec 14, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #1,003 of 2,541
Hard to tell if you ripped off the plastic that indicates which is left and right unless you hear.

Get a song where instrument will run from a side of the earphone to another side. Like the first 20 seconds of the piano of this song.

Find another earphone that you know which is left and which is right. Hear the piano sounds and then get the MH755 out to find out.

Truthfully, if I wear it wrong, I will realize the instument position will sounds off

If mmcx modded, it is better to just get mmcx cable with red/blue connector.

uh, what? He said his MH755 is MMCX modded, left and right would be determined by the cable, the shells and driver are both identical (only difference would the the color of the wire connecting the driver inside).

Basically, the answer to his question is "if its MMCX modded, both shells are identical and interchangeable, just look at the cable to determine left and right. Or as you suggested, use an audio file like the left/right and phase check if even the cable doesn't have L/R indicators".

Dec 14, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #1,004 of 2,541
I just received the MH755 in mail today. Sometime soon I should be receiving the Tin T2 as well so I can provide some comparisons with both. In the past I've owned the KZ ZSX and the ER4SR. Here are my initial impressions:

BASS: Elevated in lower frequencies but doesn't bleed or muddy the midrange. A little more bass than I would personally like, but otherwise very nice and clean.
MIDS: These to me sound pretty flat. A hint of shoutyness in the upper mids. reducing that range a few db makes music sound a little smoother especially female singers. Otherwise the mids are excellent.
HIGHS: Again everything here sounds pretty neutral. No offensive honkyness or sibilance has been detected.
OVERALL: Close to neutral with a boost in lower bass frequencies that don't seem to hinder midrange performance. Very musically pleasing while remaining neutral enough.

The MH755 is damn good for <$15. That fact is already established. They sound mostly balance with a boost in lower bass frequencies and some mild shoutyness in the treble, but nothing that would scare me away. While the wire is an annoying aspect of this IEM, I actually think in some cases it can be usefull. Today I was playing some games on my Rift S and these make the perfect IEMs as the cable is short enough to never get caught in your arms. I think these make amazing IEMs for that very specific use case. If you don't have VR or a blue tooth adapter though the cable is probably useless and needs to be changes ASAP. I think I'll keep it around and use an extension cable for other applications.

Dec 14, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #1,005 of 2,541
I just received the MH755 in mail today. Sometime soon I should be receiving the Tin T2 as well so I can provide some comparisons with both. In the past I've owned the KZ ZSX and the ER4SR. Here are my initial impressions:

BASS: Elevated in lower frequencies but doesn't bleed or muddy the midrange. A little more bass than I would personally like, but otherwise very nice and clean.
MIDS: These to me sound pretty flat. A hint of shoutyness in the upper mids. reducing that range a few db makes music sound a little smoother especially female singers. Otherwise the mids are excellent.
HIGHS: Again everything here sounds pretty neutral. No offensive honkyness or sibilance has been detected.
OVERALL: Close to neutral with a boost in lower bass frequencies that don't seem to hinder midrange performance. Very musically pleasing while remaining neutral enough.

The MH755 is damn good for <$15. That fact is already established. They sound mostly balance with a boost in lower bass frequencies and some mild shoutyness in the treble, but nothing that would scare me away. While the wire is an annoying aspect of this IEM, I actually think in some cases it can be usefull. Today I was playing some games on my Rift S and these make the perfect IEMs as the cable is short enough to never get caught in your arms. I think these make amazing IEMs for that very specific use case. If you don't have VR or a blue tooth adapter though the cable is probably useless and needs to be changes ASAP. I think I'll keep it around and use an extension cable for other applications.

T2 is considered king of hill, who does bass compares with 755

Users who are viewing this thread

Back