Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Nov 12, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #871 of 2,541

Finished my first mmcx mod. No glue no nothing just rebore the hole and twist the mmcx thread until it tights. Not sure what changes in the frequency range since I'm having flu ATM so my ears stuffed a bit. AB with my other pair (recable) and they don't sound much different.

I'm interested in making the inside roomier since I read they reduce the bass.

Maybe when my ears got better I d like to play with inside filter foam too.

What did you used to tighten the thread? I bored to 3.6 mm and my 3.5 mm connectors don’t hand thread barely halfway

Nov 12, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #872 of 2,541
What did you used to tighten the thread? I bored to 3.6 mm and my 3.5 mm connectors don’t hand thread barely halfway
Not sure about the diameter. Maybe 3.5mm. But I slowly widen the hole with my drill bits by hand and try a few times until I can safely screw until all way up and securely tight. I don't use my drill machine because I don't want to over bore.

Edit. I twist it using pliers. Hence the slight crooked looking mmcx

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #873 of 2,541
I'm ordering a couple pairs of MH755s while they are still available from reputable sellers on eBay. Any reputable sellers for these on AliExpress?

I would like to have someone re-cable them for me or do an MMCX mod. Is there anyone who can do this in the US? I can ask my local electronics repair shop, but I don't exactly trust them with a project so delicate/precise even though they advertise PCB repair on their website and could presumably do soldering.

I already own an MH750 that came with my phone. Sony phones seem to have low output power - it's only listenable at or near full volume w/o an amp. What's up with that, Sony? Amped through my DX3pro on my desk, it sounds much better, but it is too bassy for me. Anyone know if the white MH750s are tuned less bassy compared with the black ones? I read somewhere in these forums that the white MH755 is supposedly less bassy than the black MH755.

~ Jon

Nov 12, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #874 of 2,541
I'm ordering a couple pairs of MH755s while they are still available from reputable sellers on eBay. Any reputable sellers for these on AliExpress?

I would like to have someone re-cable them for me or do an MMCX mod. Is there anyone who can do this in the US? I can ask my local electronics repair shop, but I don't exactly trust them with a project so delicate/precise even though they advertise PCB repair on their website and could presumably do soldering.

I already own an MH750 that came with my phone. Sony phones seem to have low output power - it's only listenable at or near full volume w/o an amp. What's up with that, Sony? Amped through my DX3pro on my desk, it sounds much better, but it is too bassy for me. Anyone know if the white MH750s are tuned less bassy compared with the black ones? I read somewhere in these forums that the white MH755 is supposedly less bassy than the black MH755.

~ Jon

This are original. https://bit.ly/36ZR6dD

Nov 13, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #876 of 2,541
Does anyone get pain after removing the foam from the IEM? Not sure if its fatiguing from the or the air pressure of the IEMs.

after removing the small foam on the nozzle? not really, but it does become a bit brighter, maybe that's the cause of fatigue for you

Nov 13, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #877 of 2,541

~ Jon

The best place to search for reputable MH755s are on eBay, the white shelled ones are the better bet.

I've recabled a few so far. Now, I'm a soldering novice, but it took over an hour each time

The MMCX mod is something I'm in the middle of now. It seems to be going quicker, but my iron died so I wait.

Point is, unless the learning curve picks up sharply on the journey I'm on, it takes enough more time to do it where the person selling it would likely charge more than it makes sense to pay for them. Otherwise, for that money you can just get a BLON BL-03. The charm of the MH755 is they're the cost of a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Paying more for someone to mod it would up the price... and then charm -- and price-to-performance ratio -- is diluted.

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #878 of 2,541
Nov 14, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #879 of 2,541
That ali seller is out of stock, the pictures look the same as all the other suspect ali sellers. I have a question for anyone who has bought ones from aliexpress, how are the tips compared to known legit ones?
Do we have a list of non-legit sellers? Does it make sense to make a list to avoid or at this point a list of known good sellers?

I would buy non-legit if I knew the tips and the black mesh on the nozzle were the same as the original. I like the orange color tips, right now ebay US only has pink tipped models left.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #880 of 2,541
That ali seller is out of stock, the pictures look the same as all the other suspect ali sellers. I have a question for anyone who has bought ones from aliexpress, how are the tips compared to known legit ones?

I would buy non-legit if I knew the tips and the black mesh on the nozzle were the same as the orginal.

Like you, I had once considered buying a number of fakes just got the tips.

However, the tips on the fakes are not the same, unfortunately. They are thinner and lower quality silicone vs the original ones. And in the case of the black ones, they are opaque vs translucent.

Nov 14, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #881 of 2,541
Like you, I had once considered buying a number of fakes just got the tips.

However, the tips on the fakes are not the same, unfortunately. They are thinner and lower quality silicone vs the original ones. And in the case of the black ones, they are opaque vs translucent.

Bummer. Was trying to be hopeful.

No idea if this guy still has them, but they are up at his store. It was reported by others to be genuine back at the start of the year, but not sure if that is still the case. I think this was the spassear seller on ebay because the addresses both originated in Champaign/Urbana, IL. I never bought from eardio, but I did buy a pair or two from "Spassear" that were real.
https://www.eardio.com/classic-earbuds-c-2_8/sony-mh755-inear-stereo-headphones-p-55.html

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #883 of 2,541
The best place to search for reputable MH755s are on eBay, the white shelled ones are the better bet.

I've recabled a few so far. Now, I'm a soldering novice, but it took over an hour each time

The MMCX mod is something I'm in the middle of now. It seems to be going quicker, but my iron died so I wait.

Point is, unless the learning curve picks up sharply on the journey I'm on, it takes enough more time to do it where the person selling it would likely charge more than it makes sense to pay for them. Otherwise, for that money you can just get a BLON BL-03. The charm of the MH755 is they're the cost of a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Paying more for someone to mod it would up the price... and then charm -- and price-to-performance ratio -- is diluted.

@SoundChoice , yes, this is what I imagined. I did get a few pairs, maybe I will practice on one of them and see if I am capable of the work, but I have ruined other electronics in the past trying to replace dead capacitors, so I am wary.

Bummer. Was trying to be hopeful.

No idea if this guy still has them, but they are up at his store. It was reported by others to be genuine back at the start of the year, but not sure if that is still the case. I think this was the spassear seller on ebay because the addresses both originated in Champaign/Urbana, IL. I never bought from eardio, but I did buy a pair or two from "Spassear" that were real.
https://www.eardio.com/classic-earbuds-c-2_8/sony-mh755-inear-stereo-headphones-p-55.html

@durwood , I am kicking myself, because you mentioned the Eardio store in response to my searching for an MH755 source in another thread, and I forgot about it. I paid nearly $20 USD because I wanted a green tipped one from "kanoya" on eBay (shipped from Japan) because they seemed like the only ones with green ones still available. I hope Eardio still has some in stock at their $9 price.

"br-e-fashion" on eBay has orange and pink ones available for $7 shipped in the US. I read that they are a reputable seller, and shipps from VA, USA (though seller profile page has them located in China).

eBay seller "spassear", a US-based seller that has been mentioned multiple times as reputable, only has pink ones left at $10

Looks like supply is running out on these and they will soon be gone! I've ordered three pairs total from different eBay and AE sellers. I hope they turn out to be genuine.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #885 of 2,541
MonoJon said:
"br-e-fashion" on eBay has orange and pink ones available for $7 shipped in the US. I read that they are a reputable seller, and shipps from VA, USA (though seller profile page has them located in China).

Of course he has Orange back in stock now that I have 2 pink pairs on the way from Br-e-fashion and I had ordered from him before. I figured with the pink tips I can mix with the turquoise, Pink for right, turquoise for left. I had never noticed br-e-fashion was out of China, but shipping from Virginia. Interesting. I agree, they have all been legit ones from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back