Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Feb 25, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #91 of 2,533
do you have fake and genuine MH755 together right now? can you compare the eartips than came with them? do they feels the same, use same material, or the counterfeit ones are in lower quality?
I would like to know this as well!! Thanks @hazuken!
yes, they are identical (black vs orange). but fake mh755 costed the same than genuine, approximately.
also ordered these tips (although they look different at pics): https://www.ebay.es/itm/20X-Purple-...r-tour-sony-earphones-phone-M-Rd/172334291723 (not received yet)

Feb 25, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #92 of 2,533
Feb 25, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #93 of 2,533
Nice! because i can get the counterfeit one cheaper. so the material and the feel are exactly the same? Thank you for confirming this
yes, material is identical, both inner tube and exterior silicone.
maybe there is a minimal difference about bore width (black -fake- seems to be about 0.1-0.2mm wider), but this falls into manufacturing tolerances.

Feb 27, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #94 of 2,533
Don't laugh at me...I actually quite like the sound of the cheapest, latest iteration Sony in-ears that one could easily pick up anywhere (HMV, any convenient store etc.). Prepositions of decent sound from these average in-ears include wide-bore tips (I used the ones come with Carbo-tenore), swallow and loose seal (to tame mid-bass). When these prepositions fulfilled, sound is quite mellow and surprisingly clear.

Mar 1, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #95 of 2,533
Bought the white MH755 from a US seller on ebay (top of the search result) and it seems they're genuine ( they got the ghost number, the numbers on the tags match the packaging ). Yeah, they're good, even better than the my Carbo Tenore. Soundstage is narrow though, and as a result, imaging takes a hit as well. Great deep bass, but not boomy. Mids are clear if slightly forward in the upper region. Treble rolls off but not severely, nothing a little bit of EQ can't help. With all they have going for them, they're unusable in stock form with the cable being that short, so I think I'm gonna do the detachable cable mod.

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #96 of 2,533
Thinking of getting MH755, but don't want to deal with all the troubles associated with it (cable length, counterfeit etc.)...Anyone MH755 owner who also has heard Ibasso IT01 and could kindly offer a brief sonic comparison? If fidelity of these 2 models is close, I would rather pay the extra money and get IT01...Thanks in advance.

Mar 1, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #97 of 2,533
Bought the white MH755 from a US seller on ebay (top of the search result) and it seems they're genuine ( they got the ghost number, the numbers on the tags match the packaging ). Yeah, they're good, even better than the my Carbo Tenore. Soundstage is narrow though, and as a result, imaging takes a hit as well. Great deep bass, but not boomy. Mids are clear if slightly forward in the upper region. Treble rolls off but not severely, nothing a little bit of EQ can't help. With all they have going for them, they're unusable in stock form with the cable being that short, so I think I'm gonna do the detachable cable mod.

Mine actually have a really good sound-stage. As far as being unusable with the short J cable there is one simple quick "mod" involving a bit of tape and a short white extension cable. This one, my first pair will remain like this. I do have a couple of others that have been re-cabled. Plans to do a couple more as well.

10235638.jpg

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #98 of 2,533
IMG_20190301_190941_c.jpg
IMG_20190301_191549_c.jpg
IMG_20190301_192101_c.jpg
IMG_20190301_192642_c.jpg
IMG_20190301_193824_c.jpg
IMG_20190301_194845_c.jpg

Some pictures from the second MH755 with MMCX conversion. I used these jacks:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/MMCX...701.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.48ea4c4dMeDTqg

The holes in the case I have widened with a 3.4mm drill. (sorry Homer Simpsons, metric unit). Then cut the cables and solder them to the socket. The socket can then be "swiveled" into the housing and pushed outwards. Secure the whole thing with hot melt adhesive or similar. Finished.

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #99 of 2,533

Some pictures from the second MH755 with MMCX conversion. I used these jacks:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/MMCX...701.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.48ea4c4dMeDTqg

The holes in the case I have widened with a 3.4mm drill. (sorry Homer Simpsons, metric unit). Then cut the cables and solder them to the socket. The socket can then be "swiveled" into the housing and pushed outwards. Secure the whole thing with hot melt adhesive or similar. Finished.

Nice job!

Do you notice a sonic difference with the reduced internal volume of the Sony shell?

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #100 of 2,533
I can not hear any difference, but I'm not an expert. However, the strain relief and the knot of the cable are replaced, maybe one should use less glue then I did in my first tries...
Hot glue can still be reworked with the soldering iron if the amount does not fit or the result is not satisfactory yet.

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #101 of 2,533
Mine actually have a really good sound-stage. As far as being unusable with the short J cable there is one simple quick "mod" involving a bit of tape and a short white extension cable. This one, my first pair will remain like this. I do have a couple of others that have been re-cabled. Plans to do a couple more as well.

10235638.jpg
That's a great solution for the short wire! I think soundstage is better than average, for sure. I guess coming from the Andromeda, everything is kinda small sounding..

Mar 1, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #104 of 2,533
First of all, i want to check the “Sony” logo and try to scratch it.if it is a stick r then it's fake.I also want to check the box.if it does not have Sony branding then it's fake.then if the headphones do not have 1 year warranty or MRP stickers then they are fake. Sony headphones have a bar code that ends with (E) or (IN) while a fake headphone generally has a (CH) or (CN) suffix. Then, i want to try whether this headphone works or not with some music apps from top1apk. I realize that most products from Sony have amazing bass.

Mar 1, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #105 of 2,533
Need to start selling recabled pair to us

Unfortunately to do that, you’d have to register with HeadFi as a MoT. Which isn’t really economically feasible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back