Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
Jan 2, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #1,126 of 1,526
there are rumors of a "pro" line of xperias coming out with possible specifications as follows:
completely new f1.7 G-Lens camera
4K 60fps recording
Optical SteadyShot
6GB RAM
Giga LTE
128GB UFS 3.0
UFS 3.0 doubles NAND read and write speeds over 2.1
so could boot in 10 seconds, setting a new world record
S9 not getting UFS 3.0 cuz Toshiba is the only one mass producing it at small quantity.
JDI full active display or POSSIBLE (not certain) limited quantity JDI 4k OLED. the former is more likely than the latter since we've seen them.

I think Sony has been holding back for their 10th anniversary kind of like apple did. I think they are gonna go full force with their innovation and all the things they have under their sleeves.

S9's not getting it? OH well! lol

Yes I hope so.........I would like to see them offer up something extraordinary this year!

And as a reminder, NOW that it's finally 2018, I guess we'll find out if that Verizon contract rumor was true or not...............................forms of proof would include: 1) Offering the FS to ALL U.S. markets! lol 2) Offering the option to buy Xperia phones through carriers LIKE T-Mobile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3) Offering VoLTE on ALL U.S. phones and ensuring that they are all also T-Mobile VoLTE-certified as well!!

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #1,130 of 1,526
https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperi...agon_630_chips_large_batteries-news-29030.php

very nice improvments all around even if minor. IT seems like they are taking battery life seriously again and upping the battery capacity it seems they are back at z3 levels of battery awesome lately. They reduced the bezels (they didnt have to go true bezeless) put on a better processor, and good cameras. and finally a FP scanner workaround in the US. It seems like sony is really listening and making moves.

im even more excited for their flagship.

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #1,131 of 1,526
So there's a schedule of when the phones will be released, and also a "concept video" for the XZ2. I like the the different speaker grill. Very cool! Hopefully they ACTUALLY do that. lol
thats a beautiful design. I swear sony needs to hire these free lance artists doing these concept videos on youtube. They need to be hired asap they have better designs then whatever smartphone companies are hiring haha.

but 2018 sony flagships are definitely going to be interesting.

Jan 9, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #1,132 of 1,526
https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperi...agon_630_chips_large_batteries-news-29030.php

very nice improvments all around even if minor. IT seems like they are taking battery life seriously again and upping the battery capacity it seems they are back at z3 levels of battery awesome lately. They reduced the bezels (they didnt have to go true bezeless) put on a better processor, and good cameras. and finally a FP scanner workaround in the US. It seems like sony is really listening and making moves.

im even more excited for their flagship.

WOWWWWWW!!!!!!!! This is INCREDIBLE news aertus!! lol

Bigger battery, OIS, bigger screen, FS that works in the U.S.!!!!! I am LOVIN' it!! lol

The only cons are: 1) 16:9 (but hopefully the flagships will be 18:9 lol) and 2) FS on the back...........I really liked the side scanner more (yes, even THOUGH my V30 has it on the back........I know lol). I get it.......to make it bezel-less, they have to keep the FS on the back cuz it can't be on the side. So the question is, do you like no bezels more than having the FS on the side? lol I guess in 2018 the former is the preferred option. lol

Yeah if this is any indication, that is fantastic! Let's HOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the flagship is also T-Mo VoLTE-certified too. lol

Jan 9, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #1,133 of 1,526
thats a beautiful design. I swear sony needs to hire these free lance artists doing these concept videos on youtube. They need to be hired asap they have better designs then whatever smartphone companies are hiring haha.

but 2018 sony flagships are definitely going to be interesting.

I agree. That would be the best course of action. Or run a contest and let the FANS decide! lol :L3000:

Yes there is A LOT of reasons to have hope now. lol

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #1,134 of 1,526
WOWWWWWW!!!!!!!! This is INCREDIBLE news aertus!! lol

Bigger battery, OIS, bigger screen, FS that works in the U.S.!!!!! I am LOVIN' it!! lol

The only cons are: 1) 16:9 (but hopefully the flagships will be 18:9 lol) and 2) FS on the back...........I really liked the side scanner more (yes, even THOUGH my V30 has it on the back........I know lol). I get it.......to make it bezel-less, they have to keep the FS on the back cuz it can't be on the side. So the question is, do you like no bezels more than having the FS on the side? lol I guess in 2018 the former is the preferred option. lol

Yeah if this is any indication, that is fantastic! Let's HOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the flagship is also T-Mo VoLTE-certified too. lol

yeah i prefer side scanner too. Im not certain if this is because of the bezeless issue or some kind of patent issue. This is becoming confusing as to why my money is apple trying to sabotage the rise of Sony in the US or samsung either one of those.

yeah they are making big changes. Honestly i don't care if its 16:9 as long as it bezeless the 18:9 for me isn't really necessary. maybe if i used one i'd change my mind but im still good with 16:9.

Am i the only one who thinks these are really good looking phones especially the XA2 in silver? For a midranger this is a really good phone imo and if they price it right i don't see why it wouldn't popular for midrangers. And now with snapdragon instead of crappy mediatek and bigger battery life I see no reason as to why not. And now you can also record 4k too. They are really making changes.

now i really can't wait for the flagships.

I agree. That would be the best course of action. Or run a contest and let the FANS decide! lol :L3000:

Yes there is A LOT of reasons to have hope now. lol

yup i told you. also keep in mind its 10th anniversary so maybe they held back all this time.

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #1,135 of 1,526
yeah i prefer side scanner too. Im not certain if this is because of the bezeless issue or some kind of patent issue. This is becoming confusing as to why my money is apple trying to sabotage the rise of Sony in the US or samsung either one of those.

yeah they are making big changes. Honestly i don't care if its 16:9 as long as it bezeless the 18:9 for me isn't really necessary. maybe if i used one i'd change my mind but im still good with 16:9.

Am i the only one who thinks these are really good looking phones especially the XA2 in silver? For a midranger this is a really good phone imo and if they price it right i don't see why it wouldn't popular for midrangers. And now with snapdragon instead of crappy mediatek and bigger battery life I see no reason as to why not. And now you can also record 4k too. They are really making changes.

now i really can't wait for the flagships.

yup i told you. also keep in mind its 10th anniversary so maybe they held back all this time.

Yeah I dunno either. It's prob not the patent/licensing issue with HP that we thought, but more that they wanna try to go bezel-less. I still prefer the ergonomics of the side FS, but if it'll sell more phones, then F it I guess, keep it on the back. Although, with the advent of in-screen FS, it eventually won't matter.

I just like 18:9 more because you seem to get more screen with less body, so my hatred of phablets is quickly vanishing. lol

Yeah I think they look pretty cool too, esp for budget phones. The price thing worries me, but I'm hopeful they won't F up and charge flagship prices for these things. And yes, using Snapdragon is def a BIG plus too! The 4K recording is also another welcome addition to the XA series as is the FS.

Well one will come out in 4-5 mos and the other prob 9 mos, so we'll see. I went with my friend to Best Buy randomly last week cuz he wanted to go to buy the new Madden 2018 Xbox game. Stopped and looked at the XZ Premium again but this time with him. Even he was like F this phone looks really nice! lol He likes the square/rectangular builds, so he said that would be a reason he'd maybe buy it down the line. I know he prob won't cuz he loves Apple, but he seemed genuinely impressed by it, as was I. lol

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #1,138 of 1,526
some one plz compare audio quality of Lg v20 and that of sony xz1...

That would be interesting to read. Earlier in this thread I posted about a convo I had with someone on this site about the XZ Premium's sound quality, which I believe is equal to the XZ1's. The guy basically said if you enable AHO (Automatic Headphone Optimization) on the XZP/XZ1, it sounded even better than his $300 Sony Walkman! But the V20 and V30 I believe are in that category too, so it might be close. I actually owned the V20 (int'l B&O-certified version) for about a week but returned it to keep the HTC 10 b/c the 10 sounded great and I wanted a smaller phone at the time. My cousin though had the T-Mobile V20 (not B&O-certified, though I really don't know if that matters TBH) and I listened to it a few times and it sounded FANTASTIC! But since I haven't listened to the XZP or XZ1 yet, I can't really say if it's better or not than the V20. But hopefully this info helped a little.

Hopefully someone reading this can answer your question.

Jan 10, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #1,139 of 1,526
Yeah I dunno either. It's prob not the patent/licensing issue with HP that we thought, but more that they wanna try to go bezel-less. I still prefer the ergonomics of the side FS, but if it'll sell more phones, then F it I guess, keep it on the back. Although, with the advent of in-screen FS, it eventually won't matter.

I just like 18:9 more because you seem to get more screen with less body, so my hatred of phablets is quickly vanishing. lol

Yeah I think they look pretty cool too, esp for budget phones. The price thing worries me, but I'm hopeful they won't F up and charge flagship prices for these things. And yes, using Snapdragon is def a BIG plus too! The 4K recording is also another welcome addition to the XA series as is the FS.

Well one will come out in 4-5 mos and the other prob 9 mos, so we'll see. I went with my friend to Best Buy randomly last week cuz he wanted to go to buy the new Madden 2018 Xbox game. Stopped and looked at the XZ Premium again but this time with him. Even he was like F this phone looks really nice! lol He likes the square/rectangular builds, so he said that would be a reason he'd maybe buy it down the line. I know he prob won't cuz he loves Apple, but he seemed genuinely impressed by it, as was I. lol
nah sony learned their lesson with pricing too. just look at xz1 already receiving massive price cuts here and there.

thats true, my friend said the same thing about 18:9 that it feels much better in the hand but im not sure tbh. the XA2 aesthetic should be incorporated into flagships the edge to edge display looks nice for a budget phone. THis might grab some market share from samsungs midrangers.

im surprised he liked the xzp. i have a friend who doesn't like the rectangular build of it. i still have yet to see XZP irl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back