Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs
Jun 1, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #256 of 471
Thanks, do you know he current price for the MH2, I cant seem to find the answer in Sony's site, may be i'm not looking well enough, but I think it's about 250000yen.

Jun 1, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #257 of 471
Only Tokyo Hearing Center can do the impressions for Just ear and you must book an appointment in advance.

Can direct me on how to make a fitting appointment online? Cheers

Jun 2, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #258 of 471
Thanks, do you know he current price for the MH2, I cant seem to find the answer in Sony's site, may be i'm not looking well enough, but I think it's about 250000yen.

It's 200k yen for the IEM + 9k yen for the ear impression. Prices exclude tax.

Jun 2, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #259 of 471
Jun 3, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #260 of 471
I'm very curious about the MH1 and MH2, are they both the same in term of design, size and hardware, the extra cost of 100'000 yen, is that for the personal assistant and tuning. If it is permitted, can the MH2 be also be tuned the same way as the MH1. not that it will be done.

I'm more commited to the MH2 monitor version, since i'm not a audiophile, just someone who like to listen to good quality music, so I might not be able to tell the minor differences between the different version, even the beyerdynamic Xelento that I have is a step forward of the EX monitor series that I also have.

Now it time to go through the process in buying the MH2.:beerchug:

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #261 of 471
I'm very curious about the MH1 and MH2, are they both the same in term of design, size and hardware, the extra cost of 100'000 yen, is that for the personal assistant and tuning. If it is permitted, can the MH2 be also be tuned the same way as the MH1. not that it will be done.

I'm more commited to the MH2 monitor version, since i'm not a audiophile, just someone who like to listen to good quality music, so I might not be able to tell the minor differences between the different version, even the beyerdynamic Xelento that I have is a step forward of the EX monitor series that I also have.

Now it time to go through the process in buying the MH2.:beerchug:

MH2s cannot be converted to MH1s.

Also the point of the MH1 is to customise the sound signature to your own liking. For the most part this is actually venturing very far away from the usual audiophile territory of neutral and revealing tunes that is found in flagship models - for example my tune is actually more reverse U shaped and is mid focused and I dare say no flagship on the market sounds like my MH1 due to that fact. also you most definitely WILL be able to tell the difference between MH1 and MH2 because it's your very own tune.

Jun 3, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #262 of 471
MH2s cannot be converted to MH1s.

Also the point of the MH1 is to customise the sound signature to your own liking. For the most part this is actually venturing very far away from the usual audiophile territory of neutral and revealing tunes that is found in flagship models - for example my tune is actually more reverse U shaped and is mid focused and I dare say no flagship on the market sounds like my MH1 due to that fact. also you most definitely WILL be able to tell the difference between MH1 and MH2 because it's your very own tune.

Not really saying that the MH2 converted to a MH1, but since Sony can actually tune the MH2 to 3 present version, and seeing the hardware is similar or actually the same hardware, and if Sony really wanted to, can they actually retune it with the equipment they are using for the MH1.

Thanks

Oct 19, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #263 of 471
I had a chance to briefly try the Just Ear series. There were three versions, Monitor, Listen and Club. I think Monitor sounded the best. Overall I liked them a lot. My music was from Tidal (flac) but was playing it from my phone Nexus 5X which isn't great.

One problem was that the highs were pretty high. Like they're going to murder you. Wouldn't mind spending more time listening to them and comparing. Should have a chance at an upcoming headphone festival in Tokyo (they were there last year but didn't try back then).

They look really cool and I liked the cable. They also did fit very well, even in universal form. It's a curious design, Dynamic driver sits on the back and BA are crammed very close to ear canal.

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #265 of 471
https://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1088830.html

After many Just ear owners making their own artists focus tunes, Just ear finally announces its first official artists tie-up model with singer/voice actress Nanjo Yoshino, probably best known as vocalist of the band fripSide which sings numerous anime openings.

The model is tuned by Nanjo-san personally using her 3rd personal album "Santorowa" as the music source. The face plate will also feature custom artwork.

Nov 7, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #266 of 471

The Nanjo Yoshino Just ear tune was featured on TV and they showed the tuning process with Matsuo-san. And Animax Japan is kind enough to upload this officially to Youtube. Those interested in how Just ear MH1s are made should watch it. :)

Dec 5, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #267 of 471
just got a very juicy bit of rumor from Jaben hk, who has a source at sony:

the Just Ear CIEM spin-off has returned back to the Sony Electronics fold, and with it, Bandai-san (designer of the ex600/800/1000, MA900 and tuning engineer of Just Ear CIEMs). Sony wants Just Ear to be their boutique high end line.

Bandai-san is developing a universal version of the just ear design which will be the flagship sony iem successor of the ex1000, no word on whether it will be a hybrid like rest of the the just ear range or a DD only design, but it is happening.

Also supposedly, Just Ear ciems will roll out in hk and other parts of asia by late 2018.

Feb 14, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #270 of 471
I just got my xje-mh/wm1

This is the Sony store model, purchased in Fukuoka, tuned for the NW-WM1 series. They took almost exactly 2 months to the day from when I had my fitting appointment in store. The doctor told me my fitting took the longest of everyone he had seen that day. I was concerned about the fit, because the tips on the demo model only fit snug in one ear.

No problem, I receive them and the fit is super snug, it’s actually a problem to take them off and put them on with one hand, because my ear shape requires stretching my ear a bit to get the CIEM in place. Once in place, background noise virtually disappeared. If I’m in a silent room and someone is directly in front of me speaking to me I can hear them, but restaurant noise or bgm at the gym for example is reduced so strongly that it cannot distract my attention.

It came with an unbalanced MMCX cable, but I also picked up the kimber kable balanced and the sounds is way more defined than my previous phones (beyer day-1350). I had burned in unbalanced on my wm1a with the dt-1350 and was very happy with the sq, but the xje-mh/wm1 takes it to a new level. Bass hits harder, female vocals are creepy real sounding, symbols and strings are vibrant.

10/10

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back