Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs
Oct 27, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #92 of 471
  I believe Hidition used to offer a soft canal tip option, and Westone certainly have/do.

I was able to get a Hidition NT-6Pro with silicone tips after they stopped being publicly offered. I don't think they're offered at all now, neither above or under the table.

Having had custom IEMs with both acrylic and silicone tips, for me there's not a significant qualitative difference in comfort and seal. In both cases my ear impressions were good and the mouldings are top-notch. If I get another set of Hiditions (or have my current set remoulded), I'll opt for acrylic.

If you patronize a vendor that offers their models in either material (such as Noble Audio), opt for whichever one they recommend more strongly.

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #93 of 471

Btw just saw that pricing for new xba series,,,,ridiculous variation between different countries!!!

xba-a1 costs 150 us$ in singapore and just 115 us$ in india??

http://www.sony.co.in/product/xba-a1ap
http://www.sony.com.sg/product/xba-a1ap

titanfall costed $20 on sale in USA but $11 USD in Mexico. Maybe they have a potential market in India and they want to grab their attention.

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #94 of 471

I believe Hidition used to offer a soft canal tip option, and Westone certainly have/do.  My memory's a bit rusty on this particular topic, but average_joe may recall more specifics (you could ask in this thread). Sony definitely aren't innovating this aspect to any significant extent.

Just Ear are not using standard silicon we can find in westone CIEM or other CIEM makers. It's a soft material which get softer with the heat of your ear canal and can adapt to the change of the shape of your ear canal whem you move your jaw and then go back to the original shape when they get back to normal temperature. It's literaly like Haribo's candy.

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #96 of 471
There's quite a bit of speculation going on, might be prudent to wait for some concrete details before passing any judgement. Who knows? Could be Sony PR's idea to shock and awe with that price teaser haha. Or someone got the wrong memo lol

Oct 28, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #97 of 471
  There's quite a bit of speculation going on, might be prudent to wait for some concrete details before passing any judgement. Who knows? Could be Sony PR's idea to shock and awe with that price teaser haha. Or someone got the wrong memo lol

Nothing surprising here,,,z5 is already getting lot of flak,just see the impressions.
Sony needs to be a little more serious,after ex 7550,1000 they haven't released one top contender.

They must work on quality rather than quantity like churning out a1,a2,a3,z5 and a dozen others at the same time.And all of them overpriced compared to the competition.

Oct 28, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #98 of 471
I think hi-fi head-fi is still a niche market, the market niche defines the product features aimed at satisfying specific market needs. But I dont think Sony wants to focus on this market, it might be bit small for them. They are more focused on larger market. If you take iem market I guess the revenue generated by B and market share of B would be more than W,U,S combined.

Oct 28, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #100 of 471
IMO doesn't matter how expensive the gear is, but what matters most is the sound quality if it was really worth the price, and that is also applies to the preference of the buyer.  But I mean, at that price, I think I would rather buy an expensive DAP player and a decent IEM, for example, the astel & kern ak240, which is very expensive but I supposed the price tag is justified.  I'm not really on sony products after all

Oct 28, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #101 of 471
  IMO doesn't matter how expensive the gear is, but what matters most is the sound quality if it was really worth the price, and that is also applies to the preference of the buyer.  But I mean, at that price, I think I would rather buy an expensive DAP player and a decent IEM, for example, the astel & kern ak240, which is very expensive but I supposed the price tag is justified.  I'm not really on sony products after all

It has been years since sony launched anything with high performance/price ratio apart from playstation 4
rolleyes.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #102 of 471
  Just Ear are not using standard silicon we can find in westone CIEM or other CIEM makers. It's a soft material which get softer with the heat of your ear canal and can adapt to the change of the shape of your ear canal whem you move your jaw and then go back to the original shape when they get back to normal temperature. It's literaly like Haribo's candy.

That describes the behavior of the Hidition and Westone soft canals pretty well, actually; both of them are slightly soft and get softer with heat.

I can believe Sony might have one-upped the behavior of that material and done something even better, though.

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #105 of 471

+1 and we all don't care about the price as long as the quality is A+++

but lets say most of us are afraid that the quality won't justify the price, specially when its worth more TOTL ciems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back