sony9.png

sony10.png

sony11.png

sony12.png

sony13.png

sony14.png

Translated Review:

sonyreview.png

Have to agree. Don't like emphasize... exaggerated..., etc..

More translated reviews:

https://translate.googleusercontent...eview/&usg=ALkJrhjbxtmq8aEF6li0JJ4bHMw4rFiXVA

sonyorder.png

https://translate.googleusercontent...store/&usg=ALkJrhgg9cIuwgWksxoN9MWU54yYA5jqxA

Last edited:
May 12, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #366 of 471

Funny enough while very simple in structure and no fancy materials used, after living for an extended period with my JustEar (together with everything in my sig and something not even mentioned there) I found my JustEars to be the cleanest sounding and, in a way, the most accurate iem I've got, and in some ways remind me of the Etymotic family of iems despite the obvious advantage of having the DD bass. Matsuo-san's tuning is really fairly subtle - while he may bring up/down something in the frequency curve according to the different model's profile or according to your request, that is done in a very delicate manner in that it would not really overemphasis anything and would not distort the basic house sound. The overall balance is still there, kinda flat kind of response that some may dislike but it is only this kind of response that would reproduce every sound right. It has quickly becoming my most-reached pair of iems since I have got mine.

May 12, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #367 of 471
Funny enough while very simple in structure and no fancy materials used, after living for an extended period with my JustEar (together with everything in my sig and something not even mentioned there) I found my JustEars to be the cleanest sounding and, in a way, the most accurate iem I've got, and in some ways remind me of the Etymotic family of iems despite the obvious advantage of having the DD bass. Matsuo-san's tuning is really fairly subtle - while he may bring up/down something in the frequency curve according to the different model's profile or according to your request, that is done in a very delicate manner in that it would not really overemphasis anything and would not distort the basic house sound. The overall balance is still there, kinda flat kind of response that some may dislike but it is only this kind of response that would reproduce every sound right. It has quickly becoming my most-reached pair of iems since I have got mine.

It's deceiving because the simple construction of the Just ear is actually what makes it hard to make as it is using pure sound acoustics to blend the BA and DD drivers together and get that smooth transition to cover the entire frequency range, instead of the tried and true crossover electronic networks which is the defacto setup in multi driver setups. The work tolerance and QA in the Sony workshop must be top notch because even a slight misplacement in the drivers would theoretically result in the transition being "off".

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #368 of 471

Thank you. I kinda remember you from the UERR thread, so I take your impressions very seriously. I started back in this hobby in 2017 so it was the tail end of UERR so not really caught up in that thread. Ironically, the DavidMahler "Headphone GOD" character was looking to WTB UE-10 for $1K in 2017 ($900 new back in 2004) so I created an account here. He probably has half a million in audio equipment and still prefers the UE-10. Fortunately, he found another pair as I would of kicked myself for selling. JE still primary plan going forward.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #369 of 471

Text interview link: https://www.sony.co.jp/Products/justear/limited/XJE-MHNZK/

New collaboration model XJE-MH/nZk tuned with the multi-talented composer/arranger/lyrics writer/pianist Sawano Hiroyuki.
Anime fans would know him as the composer which did the epic music pieces from Attack of Titans and Gundam UC.

Sawano-san said he tuned this Just ear as his "second master monitoring" phone, something he uses to go over his music after mastering with speakers. The emphasis would be on overall tonal balance, a bass presences while taking into account of the treble presentation.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #370 of 471
Aug 14, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #371 of 471
I am very interested to get the MH1 in near future after all this pandemic is over. I love vocal detail and highs detail.

my question is, being this ciem is around 6 years. Is this still very relevant and able to match current gen TOTL?

Aug 14, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #372 of 471
I am very interested to get the MH1 in near future after all this pandemic is over. I love vocal detail and highs detail.

my question is, being this ciem is around 6 years. Is this still very relevant and able to match current gen TOTL?

If you know exactly what sound preference you want and cannot find that sound in another earphone, then the MH1 will always remain relevant.

Because in the end it isn't about specs, it's about getting the sound tuning in EXACTLY - not near to where you still need to tweak it with EQ or cables - but EXACTLY the way you want it. Even if a TOTL phone has the best specs on paper but the tuning is not to your preference, it is essentially worthless.

Aug 14, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #373 of 471
If you know exactly what sound preference you want and cannot find that sound in another earphone, then the MH1 will always remain relevant.

Because in the end it isn't about specs, it's about getting the sound tuning in EXACTLY - not near to where you still need to tweak it with EQ or cables - but EXACTLY the way you want it. Even if a TOTL phone has the best specs on paper but the tuning is not to your preference, it is essentially worthless.

Thants very true. To me my only issue was during my trip to HK, I did manage to demo the MH2 lisening but did find that the detail/resolution was bit on the lacking side. But it is in a much noisier place and was a relative quick test.

Aug 15, 2020 at 1:48 AM Post #374 of 471
Thants very true. To me my only issue was during my trip to HK, I did manage to demo the MH2 lisening but did find that the detail/resolution was bit on the lacking side. But it is in a much noisier place and was a relative quick test.

The Listening model has details dialled way back because as the naming implies, it is essentially an "easy listening" model for people to enjoy music rather than analyse music.

If you want detail and resolution you should try the Monitor model, it shows the drivers in the Just ear is capable of extracting a lot of detail.

My own pair of MH1 actually sits between the two models while leaning towards Listening when it comes to clarity and treble sparkle because I want some details, but not to the point of it putting a microscope on every mixing flaw in the music I listen to, that's why the full customisation of the MH1 is simply unbeatable despite what the spec on paper says.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #375 of 471
The Listening model has details dialled way back because as the naming implies, it is essentially an "easy listening" model for people to enjoy music rather than analyse music.

If you want detail and resolution you should try the Monitor model, it shows the drivers in the Just ear is capable of extracting a lot of detail.

My own pair of MH1 actually sits between the two models while leaning towards Listening when it comes to clarity and treble sparkle because I want some details, but not to the point of it putting a microscope on every mixing flaw in the music I listen to, that's why the full customisation of the MH1 is simply unbeatable despite what the spec on paper says.

Thanks for the clarification, I think I will find it satisfy. Did find some other post that MH2 will easilly match detail retrieval vs IER Z1R.

My main issue with my Z1R was still fitting for long hour. I normally used earphone full day at work. Often Z1R give me ear sore after 4hours which is a bummer.

Anyway, hope I am able to book Bandai-San for the tuning session. Am I able to request who during the booking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back