Sony 1000XM4 better than M3 or PX7 in N/C or S/Q ?
Dec 23, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 8
I cannot hear any difference between XM1 and XM3 reg. ANC, but I don't like the sound profile of XM1 until XM3. I wish a combination of the MDR-1ABT and XM3. The bass of the XM3 is heavy but not punchy... the sound stage of the 1ABT is much better for me. I only use the XM3 cause of the ANC....

If Sony upgrades the ANC, I hope I can switch off / filter off the automatic voice spectrum in a train / tram (1. train the ANC to analyse the voice spectrum, 2. filter out / cutt off the frequencies of the automatic voice, 3. add the result to a preset, 4. switch on / off the preset while ANC is still active (incl. / excl. ambient)).

Dec 23, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #3 of 8
Only thing missing now would be the sensor that stops music playing when you take them off ala bw et al.

Dec 23, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #4 of 8
The XM3 already bests both those headphones really, despite various features missing that they have. I have the XM3 and the M3 and prefer listening to music on the M3 pure SQ wise, but as an overall package the M3 doesn't stand up to the Sony. I'd like to see Sony support Apt-X low latency and multipoint connection, feature wise I think those are the main things missing. They could also overhaul microphone quality for calls to match the Bose 700. If they could do those things and improve SQ that'd be great, but I doubt the sound will change a lot since I think the bloated bass is by design to assist with blocking low frequency sounds.

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #5 of 8
Would be nice if they could connect to 2 devices at a time as Bose and Sennheiser have been doing since at least 2016.

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #6 of 8
And get rid of the bass boom of the M3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back