Sony 1000x mark ii - huzzah!
Dec 23, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #76 of 198
I also noticed that boosting the mid a little bit and the highs especially makes everything sound much better. High end is a little too recessed IMO. Curious what others are doing with EQ

I usually do -1 or -2 on the bass, and then boost the top end. I don’t remember exactly how much and I don’t have them with me right now to do a screenshot within the app. Without taking the bass down a bit and boosting the top end it’s definitely not my preferred balance. The way I EQ them makes them sound somewhat like my HD650, but still with a touch more bass for extra fun on the go.

Dec 23, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #77 of 198
I usually do -1 or -2 on the bass, and then boost the top end. I don’t remember exactly how much and I don’t have them with me right now to do a screenshot within the app. Without taking the bass down a bit and boosting the top end it’s definitely not my preferred balance. The way I EQ them makes them sound somewhat like my HD650, but still with a touch more bass for extra fun on the go.

Definitely curious to see your settings if you don't mind posting a screenshot! I'm still playing with the settings and can't quite get it right. Do you touch clear bass?

Dec 23, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #78 of 198
Definitely curious to see your settings if you don't mind posting a screenshot! I'm still playing with the settings and can't quite get it right. Do you touch clear bass?

I’ll post it when I get home in a few minutes

Dec 23, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #79 of 198
148C52AF-CA6B-4304-A56F-1C5FBAB4E4BA.png

Dec 23, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #81 of 198
I’ll post it when I get home in a few minutes

Thanks! I dig the sound. Pretty close to mine but I keep the bass at 0. I guess i'm a little bit of a bass head :D

Curious if you keep DSEE HX on or off? I'm not hearing a huge difference. This is with AAC using iPhone X. Not sure if there's something wrong with the app (seems a bit buggy) but toggling on/off makes no difference for me

Dec 23, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #82 of 198
Thanks! I dig the sound. Pretty close to mine but I keep the bass at 0. I guess i'm a little bit of a bass head :D

Curious if you keep DSEE HX on or off? I'm not hearing a huge difference. This is with AAC using iPhone X. Not sure if there's something wrong with the app (seems a bit buggy) but toggling on/off makes no difference for me

The DSEE does not work at the same time as EQ.

Dec 25, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #84 of 198
The app seems to be pretty crap. You're forced into SBC codec when sound settings are engaged, the headphone needs to be reconnected everytime a category of setting is selected, and the sound stutters like crazy when the EQ is changed.

Is has always worked well for me, and AAC still works with the EQ.

Dec 26, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #87 of 198
Just got these for Christmas, does anyone else hear a faint whisper ANC noise when it's turned on? I've read that this is expected, and it doesn't bother me as much while music is playing. What I'm not sure about is when I turn NC to ambient mode (level 20 in the app), in silent rooms I can clearly hear some sort of static / white noise, it sounds kind of like radio noise to my wife, where I keep on thinking someone in the house has a faucet running or is showering.

I googled this a lot and only found suggestions to reset the headphones. The first time I did this it no longer sounded like faint crackling fire and became more even (but still audible), but in quiet listening it's definitely there. For a quick comparison, turn ANC to max and do the quick attention gesture which turns on ambient mode.

Noise is present even while in wired mode and ambient mode is engaged. It is also evenly distributed and not restricted to only one ear. I've tried it in different rooms and even outside, doesn't seem to make any difference. Of course in more noisy environments it's hard to notice, but it's very apparent for quiet listening. It basically goes away if I turn ambient noise level to 10 instead of 20, if that matters.

Wondering if this is just the way it is, as I suspect this may also be contributing to the white noise when NC is on.

Dec 26, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #88 of 198
EQ on and priority set to sound quality. Don’t have a single complaint with the iOS version of this app.

41A8BE33-C2F8-42CE-BFC5-7F786771B6B2.png
Whenever I engage EQ it forces the bt mode into priority to a stable connection, which means switching to SBC.

Jan 2, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #89 of 198
owners, please respond, even if you have not encountered the problem.
for christmas i got a pair of these - actually i chose them over the bose.

i was quite happy with this device but after 2 days i experienced some static on the left side. not constant white noise but something you hear from your oldschooley radio when you turn your finder knob, hissing with short pauses. if you had rf headphones (not KLEER) and went out of range you may have some idea. only with anc switched on, since it has started its present for about 60-70% of listening time.
-if i put it on backwards (l>r, r>l) its on the right side, so its not my ear (my first thought as i wore them for many hours)
-its present with another source (pc>phone)
-its present with no source
-its present when connecting through cable (no bt communication)
-switching on/off doesnt help
-neither does recalibrating anc.

i returned the item, thought to be faulty, ordered a new one (actually i made my poor family to do it) and after a day it started again - now on the right side.
your toughts?
two faulty specimens (worst luck)?
or is there something i can do (now i experiment with volume, cant think of anything else)?
thanks in advance,
g

I got mine a week ago and I hear a constant white noise from both sides when ANC is on. From all my googling though that seems normal, you will hear some ANC circuitry noise when you're in quiet environments. What you're describing though doesn't right... if it's broken it should be on both sides...

I do have a bigger problem with the ambient sound static noise in quiet environments, though in practice where I would use the actual headphones, they're not really an issue.

Have you tried resetting your headphones by holding down both power and anc buttons for 7 seconds?

Jan 2, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #90 of 198
I got mine a week ago and I hear a constant white noise from both sides when ANC is on. From all my googling though that seems normal, you will hear some ANC circuitry noise when you're in quiet environments. What you're describing though doesn't right... if it's broken it should be on both sides...

I do have a bigger problem with the ambient sound static noise in quiet environments, though in practice where I would use the actual headphones, they're not really an issue.

Have you tried resetting your headphones by holding down both power and anc buttons for 7 seconds?

thank you for your answer.
i experienced the white noise you described but as youve said its normal and i could happily live with it (i called it the sound of silence 8). i hope that it wasnt my post that made you more aware of it than normal. this also means that your ears are better than mine (im 43 and for me it was almost inaudible). if theres no headband squeaking or the main issue, i can only wish you a happy coexistence with your new cans (i really liked them, apart from the problems)
i didnt try to reset the device. thats on me but i wouldnt plan to have that as a daily routine with a 300+usd device anyway.
ive already sent back the second pair, and as im not a very lucky person ill have to look elsewhere - i dont know, something designed by nasa and assembled in a russian tank factory 8(((

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back