Sonus faber PRYMA - An Italian-Made Beauty
Jan 16, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #46 of 181
Mine are on their way.... They look beautiful. They only need to sound half as good. My reference over the ears never leave the home.... So traveling with something uniquely different from a reputable speaker company is both novelty but respectable. I've owned several Sonus Faber monitors and have never been disappointed with their sound or quality of design. I think that alone was enough for me. Fingers crossed.:)

Jan 16, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #48 of 181
Please measure the inside of the earpad (height, width, and depth) in mm. That information would help all of us figure out how well they fit. Also, do you find your ears touching the pads at all or the dust cover? Thanks much.

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #49 of 181
Mine are on their way.... They look beautiful. They only need to sound half as good. My reference over the ears never leave the home.... So traveling with something uniquely different from a reputable speaker company is both novelty but respectable. I've owned several Sonus Faber monitors and have never been disappointed with their sound or quality of design. I think that alone was enough for me. Fingers crossed.:)

any update?

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #51 of 181

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #53 of 181

They share a musical character but these display more clarity, focus and openness. Vocal/instrumental timbre are 'right there' and realistic.

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #55 of 181
Is coffee sweet?

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #57 of 181

They share a musical character but these display more clarity, focus and openness. Vocal/instrumental timbre are 'right there' and realistic.

hmm...
These or the new JVC wood 01's and if I have enough next week. I think I may still spring for the o1's. I'm getting another pair of Omnis first. 

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #58 of 181

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #59 of 181
Aesthetically, I'm disappointed in their looks. They look like some sort of fashion phones Prada would make. I wanted beautiful wood cup Stradivari Homage inspired design. But then I don't care as much for their latest speakers either. Their Homage series was very beautiful though.

Jan 23, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #60 of 181
I tried these out today.
Build quality and looks are sublime.
Really comfortable and also looks really good worn, also good sized pads for medium-large ears.

Disappointed by the bass - slightly boomy, lacking some texture and refinement.
Also a few odd peaks in the frequency response. 
I prefer my Sennheiser Momentum and Onkyo ES-HF300 to these.

Not a huge disappointment, but just not worth that much coin either.
I think these are more fashion headphones than focused on superior/competitive audio quality. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back