sonus faber guarneri memento
Apr 9, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #16 of 26
i don't belong to audiogon. i am mostly done visiting audio forums(hence my late posting on this subject). i cannot see what else i would ever want besides the gs1000 and mememtos.
i am finally content. my only real problem is that my speakers are way underamped. i just don't have room for the right kind of amplification for them.

i will say i was intrested in the wilson maxx to replace my watt/puppys. when i went to inquire about them i found out my wilson dealer has dropped the line. so i decided to just leave my wallet be for now. the full size sonus' are freaking amazing but i don't have the right room to house them. actually they are like having too much ice cream. overkill. the mementos are perfect for me. i never even go downstairs to the wilsons anymore.

music_man

Jun 4, 2008 at 1:39 PM Post #17 of 26
Hi All,

I'm also lucky owner of Mementos and really love them. I'm vocal and acoustical music reproduction fan and there is probably few speakers that come close to what Mementos can do.

Finish and design in one of the kind. This is the last speaker that Franco Serblin worked on.

Here's how i got mine:

.:: Mono & Stereo ::. ... the finest in high-end audio ...: Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento review

If you can afford them... I cannot recommend them enough
smily_headphones1.gif

Miziq

Aug 22, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #18 of 26
I own a pair of Memento that i like over ML Summit and Zingali Client Name. I just consider to add a sub but I would like to use the sub crossover to cut low frequencies to the Memento and help them in reducing distorcion.

Does anyone has Memento + sub and how they are connected?

Aug 24, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #19 of 26
I am BUMMED!!!!! The bass/midrange driver in one of my Memento's is not working! I didn't think I was playing Lisa Loeb too loud, but perhaps my speaker thought otherwise. I am using 100W tube monoblocks and thought the SF could handle more output than that.

Does anyone know if there is a protection circuit inside the speaker? Some do but the owners manual for the SF does not mention it.

Sep 2, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #21 of 26
tongue_smile.gif

Another vote for the SF. Everytime that I get the feelings for a new speaker system these always come to mind. Lots of stereo shows and I have always come away with great impressions of SF. Price has been the only thing keeping me away.

Cheers,

Sep 13, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by howiebrou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had the Mementos since Jan 07. Lovely speakers!

A couple of pictures of their original setup;

MchouseAugust20071.jpg

and their current set up after moving.

_BOG0340.jpg

Great!

How much power do you send to Mementos?

Do you use them also for video? I love them for watching the movies.

Sep 13, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #24 of 26
howiebrou, beautiful system!

I receved a new driver from Sumiko/Sonus Faber for my Memento and it is now working perfectly. During its absence, I was using my old ProAc Response 2S speakers. I was really taken with how wonderful the ProAc's sounded. But once I put the Memento's back in the chain...WOW! Amazing image focus and clarity. Really terrific speakers.

Sep 13, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #25 of 26
Hmm... given the choice between the numerous ProAcs and SF which I have heard, I'd get a pair of ProAcs for sound and SF for looks. In general, I find the price-performance of SF speakers to be considerably poorer. The Cremonas sound no better, if not slightly worse than a pair of D38. The D80 is just as good, if not even better than the Amati. That said, the SF Amati is still one of the most involving speakers I have ever listened to.

Sep 13, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #26 of 26
I agree about the performance vs. cost and performance vs. looks differences between ProAc and Sonus Faber. I love the ProAc sound. I still think that the Response 2S is the best overall speaker they have ever made (when considering price and performance). Yes, the D80 is AMAZING and a much better speaker than the 2S, but is cost-a-lotta. The Sonus Faber speakers sound wonderful also, but I feel that the buyer is definitely spending some dough on the looks.

Both are GREAT brands for the music lover and are the nemesis for speakers such as Wilson's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back