Jul 31, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #348 of 483
Just saw that Audirvana+ 3.1 supports network playback now. Any idea it can stream to mR?

Jul 31, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #349 of 483
Just saw that Audirvana+ 3.1 supports network playback now. Any idea it can stream to mR?

As far as I know, Sonore has announced that this type of integration (-rendu/Audirvana streaming) is approved by both parties, and is currently in the testing phase. It will be available to the public shortly.

Jul 31, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #350 of 483
As far as I know, Sonore has announced that this type of integration (-rendu/Audirvana streaming) is approved by both parties, and is currently in the testing phase. It will be available to the public shortly.

That's great. Anyway the A+ 3.1 is still beta. It'll be some time before we get to hear feedback on how the pairing work out.

Jul 31, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #351 of 483
That's great. Anyway the A+ 3.1 is still beta. It'll be some time before we get to hear feedback on how the pairing work out.

Yes, I should know how well it works later today ... waiting for v2.5 of the Sonore software, which is needed for Audirvana to stream.

Jul 31, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #352 of 483
Yes, I should know how well it works later today ... waiting for v2.5 of the Sonore software, which is needed for Audirvana to stream.

The software is coming out later today? That's quick. Look forward to your impressions.

Update: I'm mistook u meant a newer software. The v2.5 has been out for a while and I already have it. That works with the new network A+ I presume. Via DLNA?

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #353 of 483
I'm currently using Roon (trial) with the mR. I also intend to try Audirvana +3.1 as well before choosing which I prefer.
I've purchased the latest v2.5 micro SD card from Sonore back in mid May. Also, can't you just choose the MPD/DLNA Renderer (like I do with JRiver) until the mR and Audirvana are paired? Thanks.

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #354 of 483
Hey guys. Please excuse my dumb question but looking for some help. My MR is on the way. Can I just hook this thing up to the Ethernet jack on my laptop or do I need to go straight to my router. My laptop is connected wirelessly to my network and music files are on its internal HD. Jriver 21 is my software. Thanks

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #355 of 483
I updated my mR to 2.5, switched to MPD/DLNA mode and then fired up Audivana 3.1 beta and selected the mR as the 'Preferred Audio Device' in Preferences. Couldn't be simpler. No problems at all. I understand that some people are reporting DSD issues but I don't and can't do DSD and it may not be an issue in the end ... not sure.

Having been using Squeezelite since I first got the mR, the Audirvana streaming to the mR is really very good (to my ears) in my setup (see sig) ... certainly better SQ and Library management than SqueezeLite/Logitech Media Server ... YMMV. I'm personally not sure I 'need' Roon ... apart from all the setup ... and HQA didn't do it for me when I tried it.

So, personally, very happy with this release of Audirvana with microRendu.

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #356 of 483
Hey guys. Please excuse my dumb question but looking for some help. My MR is on the way. Can I just hook this thing up to the Ethernet jack on my laptop or do I need to go straight to my router. My laptop is connected wirelessly to my network and music files are on its internal HD. Jriver 21 is my software. Thanks

I believe there is a 'direct connection' method ... but the recommended way is through a router IIRC.

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #357 of 483
Is this thing similar to Bel Canto's Ref Stream? Their Ref Stream connects directly to the computers Ethernet out jack. I bought it assuming that was the case here. Either way it's ok-if I have to go to the router it just means I'm running a 35 foot run of cat6 cable.

Jul 31, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #358 of 483
I updated my mR to 2.5, switched to MPD/DLNA mode and then fired up Audivana 3.1 beta and selected the mR as the 'Preferred Audio Device' in Preferences. Couldn't be simpler. No problems at all. I understand that some people are reporting DSD issues but I don't and can't do DSD and it may not be an issue in the end ... not sure.

Having been using Squeezelite since I first got the mR, the Audirvana streaming to the mR is really very good (to my ears) in my setup (see sig) ... certainly better SQ and Library management than SqueezeLite/Logitech Media Server ... YMMV. I'm personally not sure I 'need' Roon ... apart from all the setup ... and HQA didn't do it for me when I tried it.

So, personally, very happy with this release of Audirvana with microRendu.
Thank you for your response. I was under the impression MPD/DLNA couldn't be used with Audirvana from reading some previous posts.

Jul 31, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #359 of 483
Thank you for your response. I was under the impression MPD/DLNA couldn't be used with Audirvana from reading some previous posts.

I'm not sure where you read that ... maybe that was an earlier advice, before 3.1 came out. On another forum, Sonore posted a brief instruction on how to get Audirvana 3.1 'talking' to the mR and that was the way to go. Works fine for me.

Jul 31, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #360 of 483
Is this thing similar to Bel Canto's Ref Stream? Their Ref Stream connects directly to the computers Ethernet out jack. I bought it assuming that was the case here. Either way it's ok-if I have to go to the router it just means I'm running a 35 foot run of cat6 cable.

I think it is but considerably less expensive. I believe the Bel Canto unit has more output possibilities, whereas the mR is only USB out. Check out Sonore's threads on the 'other forum' ... there is more info about Direct Connection, if that's what you need. it's not something I've tried ... I route mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back